Neues gleis textur (new track texture)

henricjen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Dear fellow MBSers,

I have discovered another of the quality features of this software, namely the usage of track "Ohne Bettung" (without ballast)
Using this option I feel it is possible to create better looking track beds. To achieve a little less of a "Marklin C track" look and a little more of a prototypical look :)

For the purpose I have made a new track texture, that only works correctly with the "Ohne Bettung" function turned on. It is a track with wooden sleepers and slighty rusty rails.

When this is combined with raising the ground, with the height tool, to create the ballast elevation and adding ground textures for the ballast and "dirt" on track, I think a nice visual look can be created.
All this will demand that "Grid size" of the layout is set to 1 cm (max 2) to ensure textures can be placed correctly on the track.

Pictures:
First picture shows what I have used until now "Mit bettung"

The second picture shows the new track texture "Ohne Bettung"

The thirt picture shows the new track texture combined with height alignment of the ground and ground textures.

Comment for possible improvements very welcome :) The track will be available for download in a few days.

Kind regards,
Henrik ;)

Anmærkning 2019-03-04 184526.jpg

Anmærkning 2019-03-04 191553.jpg

Anmærkning 2019-03-04 183550.jpg

I have now uploaded 4 track variations. They await approval by Neo :)

Wood and no ballast NB-GLTX-02-01
NB-GLTX-02-01 wood, rust, no ballast, for 1435mm. Reference balast texture: Schotter NB-BOTX-01.

Wood and no ballast NB-GLTX-02-02
NB-GLTX-02-02 wood, no rust, no ballast, 1435mm. Reference ballast texture: Schotter NB-BOTX-01.

Wood and grey ballast NB-GLTX-02-06
NB-GLTX-02-06 wood, rust, grey ballast, 1435mm. Reference ballast texture: Schotter NB-BOTX-01.

Wood and grey ballast NB-GLTX-02-07
NB-GLTX-02-07 wood, no rust, grey ballast, 1435mm. Reference ballast texture: Schotter NB-BOTX-01.

Kind regards, Henrik

NB-GLTX-02-01.jpg

NB-GLTX-02-02.jpg

NB-GLTX-02-06.jpg

NB-GLTX-02-07.jpg

Bearbeitet von henricjen

Hi all,

here is the ballasted version for Bahnlands narrowgauge tracks: 

Holz und grauer schotter NB-GLTX-02-16
NB-GLTX-02-16 holz, rost, grauer schotter, 750-1000mm. Referenz schotter texture: Schotter NB-BOTX-01. Referenz gleis: Railroad/Tracks/Extra, name "Gleisprofil*"

Version without ballast coming soon :)

(Bitte zögern Sie nicht, einen Kommentar auf Deutsch abzugeben. Ich kann Deutsch lesen, aber nicht gut darin, es zu schreiben :) )

NB-GLTX-02-16.jpg

Bearbeitet von henricjen