Upgrade not compatible with windows 7

Empfohlene Beiträge

I'm getting a notice that there is a new upgrade, but when I try to install it, I get a popup saying "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running".  I'm running Windows 7 and have no desire to upgrade to another version of Windows.

Is there a way this upgrade can be made compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks,

Bad Attitude

Hi Bad Attitude,

3D Train Studio is fully compatible to Windows 7, there must be a problem with the setup file. Please perform the following steps:

1. Download the latest upgrade from this location
  2. Run the downloaded setup file with the following command: MBSUpdate.exe /LOG="C:\Users\<Username>\Desktop\Setup.txt"

Replace <Username> with your real username. This starts the update and logs all errors including detailled information to the file "Setup.txt" to your desktop. Please send me the file by mail or attach it to this thread.

Kind regards,

Neo

Hello Neo,

Thank you for the link to upgrade 3D train studio.  The upgrade installed, but there was no Setup.txt file created.  Instead, I got a popup with the following message:

Unable to execute file
C:Program Files (x86)\3D Train Studio\ModellbahnStudio.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.
The requested operation requires elevation.

I'm not sure what went wrong, but the upgrade was installed.

Thank you,

David (A.K.A.) Bad Attitude

• 2 Monate später...

Hi Richard,

there is no older version you could try, the first version of 3D Train Studio already required Windows Vista or newer. If you are family with virtual machines, you could download the latest version of Ubuntu for free and can install 3D Train Studio to test the automation features.

Kind regards,

Neo