Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello everyone !

I am certain that this question was already answered but not being able to read in German I am humbly asking how (and if it is possible) to:

1) Lay some roads (from the STREET folder)

2) Chose a car / some cars (from the STREET > VEHICLES folder)

3) Move a car / cars along the roads/streets/highways

?

ALSO:

I noticed that some buses etc can be put on rails ? Is that how we move them ? But then how do you make the rails transparent ?

Thank you so much !!

Oliver
Virginia / USA

Hi Oliver,

Yes, it is like the "Faller Car System", if you know that. There are roads in HO-scale and if not available yo have to design railt-racks underneath the road-tracks.

Some cars are able to run, this you can see if you may control the speed like at the lokomotives. Also you have to create an "event manager". one of many examples is from myself "Michel Projekt Blockstellen Strasse Landschaft" to find in "community experimental". it's build in N-scale, what is also your favorite, and you can copy the lenghts and diameters of road-tracks needed.

Have fun

greetings michel, the N-scale builder

Hi Oliver, once again,

the example of mine is very complicated and surely not ready. it may have some faults, that's why it is in "experimental". you may try to start the yellow bus (bus01 post) with the switch down on the left side called "hand". The bus will ride his tour without an end. You may stop his tour to the normal end by a second turn on the same switch, now called "auto". an emergency brake is the red one downside. i believe, all trucks are implemented, but no car. you may see, the buses and trucks are driving on the rail-tracks, which are not yet settled down underneath the road-tracks. another possibility is to start the train on left corner, which is running full automatically till you stop with the same switch and let run to end.

All is build by "try and error" and "no try, no win".

enjoy and try

greetings michel, the N-scale builder

Hi Oliver,

the most street cars found in the online catalog are not declared as "locomotives" and therefore not able to be driven directly along roads with underlayed tracks. But using "dummy locomotives", you can drive these cars too. In the online catalog you can find such "dummies" within the folder "3D models - Railroad - Track vehicles" (element "Dummy-Lok") as well as within the folder "3D models - Street - Vehicles" (elements "Dummy Abstand kurz", "Dummy Abstand lang", "Dummy Antrieb kurz" and "Dummy Antrieb lang"). "Dummy-Lok", "Dummy Antrieb kurz" and "Dummy Antrieb lang" are declared as "locomotives" (self-driving), "Dummy Abstand kurz" and "Dummy Abstand lang" are declared as "wagons" (pulled).

Set these dummy elements onto the track and deposit the car to be driven to the same location. Then connect the street car with the dummy element. If you now allocate a speed to the dummy element, the connected street car will follow it.

For example, start the layout "Auto-Bahn (Betrieb)" within the folder "Projects - Medium projects" of the online catalog. All vehicles there are driven in this way.

I have made a description for this method within this article. Sorry, that it is only in German. But I think, that you can understand the mechanism also by studying the pictures of this article.

Use instead of the "Dummy" elements shown in the pictures those ones, which I have described above. You can make these dummies invisible after you have connected the street cars to them.

Many greetings from Munich
BahnLand

Bearbeitet von BahnLand

Michel and BahnLand, thank you very much.

I had not visited the ' community experimental ' (I wasn't sure what that was about) and I had no idea about the 'dummy locomotives" !! (ps: The article in question is great)  I am going to try to apply all this to my layout ! 

Again thank you SO much. 

Oliver