Multiple views.

trevor

Empfohlene Beiträge

I have no doubt this has been asked for before, but just in case...
Would it be possible to add another view window (or multiples).

In particular it would be nice to make a control panel static relative to the main view.
For those of us lucky enough to have multiple monitors, making the 2nd view a floating window would be fantastic.

Regards
T

2nd_View.jpg

Hello Trevor,

as long as there is no 2nd window available to show a separate part of the layout (e.g. a control panel), you can link the panel to a separate camera, which is directed to it. Then move this camera to an arbitrary camera view ("Allign to current camaera"). From now on you can see the panel at the location relative to the moved camera, where the panel was linked to. I have described this method within this article, beginning with the text segment immediately above Picture 19. Follow the article from there until its end.

I hope that the German text is quite understandable or can be translated with Google translator without too many distorting mistakes.

Many greetings
BahnLand

2 minutes ago, BahnLand said:

Hello Trevor,

as long as there is no 2nd window available to show a separate part of the layout (e.g. a control panel), you can link the panel to a separate camera, which is directed to it. Then move this camera to an arbitrary camera view ("Allign to current camaera"). From now on you can see the panel at the location relative to the moved camera, where the panel was linked to. I have described this method within this article, beginning with the text segment immediately above Picture 19. Follow the article from there until its end.

I hope that the German text is quite understandable or can be translated with Google translator without too many distorting mistakes.

Many greetings
BahnLand

Hmmm.. interesting

Thanks

44 minutes ago, BahnLand said:

Hello Trevor,

Many greetings
BahnLand

I tried that out.. though it was a bit hard to follow... it IS an interesting approach... 

I'm not too keen on my panels moving all over space and time though LOL

Perhaps a picture in picture single window with a custom camera might be a solution though.

Bearbeitet von trevor