How to Uncouple

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi Richard,

built this test-track for you.

Uncoupler.mbp

Concernig your questions

1. select the uncoupler and switch its state in the properties-window down right by un/ticking "Uncouple"Uncoupler_001.jpg

2. add a switch, select "Properties - Link - Connect to"
Uncoupler_005.jpg

and chose the uncoupler-track from the list

Uncoupler_002.jpg

Uncoupler_003.jpg

Toggle the uncoupler via "Properties - Switch position

3. Open the "Event control" and have a look for the On/Off-events

Uncoupler_004.jpg

Hope this helps!

Regards
ShPaul

Bearbeitet von shpaul13

HI  ShPaul,

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply which must have taken quite some time to write.

I am trying to replicate a Shunting (Switching) scenario in Event Manager (and Control Panel operation).  Is it possible to detect when a (any) Coupling occurs i.e. when a wagon(s) are pushed into a stationary wagon or wagons? and then disable the Front Coupling on the wagon that was just coupled to the stationary wagon or wagons so that the train leaves minus its previously last wagon?

Are you aware any other approaches to this scenario?

Thanks again,

Richard.

Hi Richard,

you can deactivate any coupler of any wagon/loco by event control using a switch, but there ic no event concerning the coupling itsself.

Give each wagon its own name then you can use the action "Specific object action - Enable/Disable track vehicle coupler".

Hope I got what you mean!?!

Regards
ShPaul

On 23/03/2017 at 8:38 PM, shpaul13 said:

Hi Richard,

you can deactivate any coupler of any wagon/loco by event control using a switch, but there ic no event concerning the coupling itsself.

Give each wagon its own name then you can use the action "Specific object action - Enable/Disable track vehicle coupler".

Hope I got what you ShPaul mean!?!

Regards
ShPaul

Hi  ShPaul,

Many thanks for all your help.

Richard

this will seem very complex, but you can setup an event in the EV where a train enters a track (track sections can be very short, and with conditions you can set a direction.) and when the train enters the track section, it triggers a coupler on a sp, specific wagon with either the front coupler, the rear coupler, or both to open or close,  this will drop a wagon on a siding track  via EV.

ask if you need more info.

11 hours ago, Curt84328 said:

this will seem very complex, but you can setup an event in the EV where a train enters a track (track sections can be very short, and with conditions you can set a direction.) and when the train enters the track section, it triggers a coupler on a sp, specific wagon with either the front coupler, the rear coupler, or both to open or close,  this will drop a wagon on a siding track  via EV.

ask if you need more info.

Hello  Curt 84328,

I am able to do this by using the name of a specific wagon.  However I would like to retrieve the name of the wagon that entered the track, from 3D TS, and then run different actions depending on which wagon, Not Loco, has entered the track.  I believe I can set up the Alternate Actions.  It is retrieving the Wagon Name that is my problem.

Of course you can do this by pre programming the sequence of wagons into the EV, but I want to do it by "Recognising" the current last wagon on the train.

Bearbeitet von 132james
Clarification

there is not a way to read the name of a wagon (rail car) so the only way to do this is to setup the track and have each car backed onto it's own track, or section thereof.   you can make several trigger tracks and have them very short.  this would allow a train to backup, drop a car, pull forward, drop another etc.