Trestle

Empfohlene Beiträge

First, let me make it perfectly clear.  I think Roter Brummer did a fantastic job on his Wooden Trestle set.

I have a few observations. 1st, ties were not always used on track that was crossing a trestle.  Sometimes the rails were spiked directly to the top of the trestle

trestle1.jpg.6b347b7cbc35cb7d20cab63da6df012e.jpg

trestle2.jpg.fe37ab9cd9739d4ca5b4495855f8705b.jpg

2nd, bracing parallel to the track, and within the pillars was totally mandatory.

trestle3.jpg.d484f14109f0a7dbe35a4aeee3eb6a69.jpg

I would consider  2 beams to be minimum for MBS.

Because of the pillar configuration, it makes it impossible to mount bracing on the diagonals of the pillars (Just an observation)

trestle4.jpg.3f26a646e9f667d067d074bc6a1fbd79.jpg

Finally 2 old pictures,  the first, Dale Creek Bridge, The Second, Devil's Gate

trestle5.thumb.jpg.c5c300226ced5dfb0d5a75ff196ae090.jpgtrestle6.thumb.jpg.d64a86c68f4192be2d9ea3c45e6cfe3b.jpg

Note the Cables bracing Devil's gate.

Hi Curt,

Thank you for your feedback and the observations you have made.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Curt84328:

I have a few observations. 1st, ties were not always used on track that was crossing a trestle.  Sometimes the rails were spiked directly to the top of the trestle

This is possible if you use the track "track gauge standard gauge 1435 mm" ID: 8BE93823-619B-439E-8D12-D7868DDFB74A. There you can choose the variation # 04 or # 05. You can do that with other gauges.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Curt84328:

2nd, bracing parallel to the track, and within the pillars was totally mandatory.

Within the Trestle there is the variation # 3 "Strive easy". There are three horizontal struts parallel to the track axis. Could this solve the problem or should I extend this variation to several floors?

Another possibility would be to include these parallels in the variations with the diagonal struts. But then the problem arises that the models, which are splines, end up with too many polygons. I am already hard at the border.

Many Greetings

Brummi

14 hours ago, Roter Brummer said:

Within the Trestle there is the variation # 3 "Strive easy". There are three horizontal struts parallel to the track axis. Could this solve the problem or should I extend this variation to several floors?

Another possibility would be to include these parallels in the variations with the diagonal struts. But then the problem arises that the models, which are splines, end up with too many polygons. I am already hard at the border.

All the parallel struts need is  a primitive quader of the correct dimensions and the wood texture used on the pillars.

One thing that would be nice would be if the pillar width to be adjusted to accommodate double tracks, and height for uneven valley floors.     that may not be possible, but would be nice.   also the 2 center beams on the pillars could be combined into 1 wider beam if desired

Greetings,

Curtis