Using _Trigger1._Name with timer

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello,

My question is very simple : as _Trigger1._Name points to the name of the timer when the condition 1 is "Timer expires", how to adress the loco residing on the track.

In my labo layout, I've set the name of the timer = $_Trigger2._Name (= name of the track where "Loco" is stopped).  So, when the the timer expires, _Trigger1._Name points both on the timer's name AND to the track where the loco resides; this permits to use the variables residing on the _Trigger2._Name object.  This works great!  But I also need some of the variables that are part of the object "Loco".

All suggestions will be welcome?

Thank you

André

Hi Andrè,
what about storing the loco's name to the track and then use double indirection? This works. You can even use deeper indirection. See Wiki about nested indirection. Still - same like your old problem - _Trigger1/2._Name things and indirection usage will change with the new version coming soon. I think I've told you already.

greetings
  Andy

Hi Andy,

Of course, indirection is a solution but this means an additional even to read and store the loco's name in the stop track.  As we already discused earlier, I try to manage my layout with as few as possible events and, thus, I was looking for another trick, if any.

Of course, when the new options will be available, I probably will change the events accordingly.

Andy, I have another question that I published on the forum under the name :Ultimate Variable Editor

but, up to now, I've received no answer.  Could you be so kind to have a look there?  Thank you a lot.

Regards

André

Sorry André,
I saw the post and if I had an answer, I surely had posted it. I don't even know this plugin - was before my time. So far I just used the plugins from EASY.

ps: using timers you always will have to store a state, because they just bring their name and no other relation.

Bearbeitet von Andy
ps

Thank you Andy.

Concerning the Ultimate_Variable_Editor plugin, I've to say that, when it works, it is great and very very usefull to help managing the variables.  But for me, it doesn't work anymore...  And I don't know why.

Regards

André