Chair lifts/cable cars. Sessellifte / Seilbahnen.

Empfohlene Beiträge

I'm trying to put a cable car and/or a chair lift on a mountainous layout, because I think it would look cool, and also give a reason for the railway to go half way up the side of a mountain and stop! (Ski sloaps will probably follow.

But there are many problems associated with the cable car / chair lift set centred on item 576399B5-366A-4C43-BD67-3A21B25C087D Circulating cable and Chairlift stations.

To start with, the "cable" that is a fixed part of the station is not a track, it's just a static part of the model. To make the cars go into the station, it is necessary to put an actual track (the "flexible string" that is part of the set works nicely) into the correct place on the station, one on each side. Easy enough with the chair lift as the fake cable is there as a guide but really difficult with the cable car station.

Then there is the problem of the U bend around the wheel. The so-called "Flexible String" is about as flexible as a steel girder. I have found using two lengths of virtual track, setting the radius to 9.4mm and the angle to 90° then joining them together will create a suitable loop. But why could this not be incorporated into the model to begin with?

On the subject of the cable and the motors, "The normal variations are for use with vertically aligned track..." Right? Turn the track through -90° in the y plane and the car hangs vertically when suspended from a "normal" motor, but when it hits the wheel at the end, because this is using a normally aligned track to negotiate the 180° bend, the car flies out horizontally as though under centrifugal force. Obviously this can be overcome by flipping the car's visibility off and replacing it with one on a "horizontal" motor, but that involves faffing about to line them up, and a special event to handle the change over.

The easiest solution is to ignore the instructions regarding sagging cables (I wasn't able to sag a cable anyway) and just use the track normally.

But never mind sagging, just having the cable go up a mountain creates another problem:

Chairlift.thumb.jpg.6876d2b906c8f32cbfd30eaaa185d0cf.jpg

The chair in the centre is hanging vertically. in the horizontal station. The one to the right will hang vertically on the way up, and the one at the rear will be vertical on the way down.

When they start going up...

2306320_Chairlift2.thumb.jpg.10c43958cb7ba28a3925f33f6d85ef09.jpg

And on the way back down...

1401141891_Chairlift3.thumb.jpg.ccc89301386eef65d553e8e7a33a584e.jpg

Let's hope the safety harness holds on that front chair, hmm?

Again this could be handled by toggling visibility, but why isn't there an animation that can be used to rotate the car to keep it vertical? That would be far more sensible than to have three different cars on the one motor - six if your cable is oriented vertically!

I'm also having issues with the things that sit on the ends of the mast T attachment - I suppose if I was using vertical cable I would be able to bend it to shape? Tried that and the cable snapped to the locking point and put itself the right way up! But my biggest issue is, shouldn't the rollers be under the cable? The drive wheel  in the station rotates anti-clockwise, meaning the cars will travel on the right. But the rollers on the mast attachments also rotate anti-clockwise by default meaning that the tops are going the wrong way. Sure, reverse the animation and they go the right way, but this is something that should be fixed.

Never mind the fact that the two wheel attachment seems to want to embed itself in the middle of the pylon, rather than attach to the end.

Bit of a rant there, sorry. But I am getting very frustrated with this whole thing. Any obvious solutions I've missed? Any offers to fix the models? Greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

Ich versuche, eine Seilbahn und / oder einen Sessellift auf eine bergige Anlage zu stellen, weil ich denke, dass es cool aussehen würde, und auch einen Grund für die Eisenbahn anzugeben, auf halber Höhe eines Berges zu fahren und anzuhalten! (Skipisten werden wahrscheinlich folgen.

Es gibt jedoch viele Probleme im Zusammenhang mit dem Seilbahn- / Sesselliftsatz, der auf Artikel 576399B5-366A-4C43-BD67-3A21B25C087D umlaufende Kabel- und Sesselliftstationen zentriert ist.

Zunächst ist das "Kabel", das ein fester Bestandteil der Station ist, keine Spur, sondern nur ein statischer Teil des Modells. Damit die Autos in die Station einfahren können, muss eine tatsächliche Spur (die "flexible Schnur", die Teil des Sets ist, funktioniert gut) an der richtigen Stelle auf der Station platziert werden, eine auf jeder Seite. Einfach genug mit dem Sessellift, da das gefälschte Kabel als Leitfaden dient, aber sehr schwierig mit der Seilbahnstation.

Dann gibt es das Problem der Übung am Lenkrad. Die sogenannte "flexible Saite" ist etwa so flexibel wie ein Stahlträger. Ich habe festgestellt, dass die Verwendung von zwei virtuellen Spurlängen, wenn der Radius auf 9,4 mm und der Winkel auf 90 ° eingestellt und dann zusammengefügt werden, eine geeignete Schleife ergibt. Aber warum konnte dies nicht zunächst in das Modell aufgenommen werden?

Zum Thema Kabel und Motoren: "Die normalen Variationen gelten für vertikal ausgerichtete Schienen ..." Richtig? Drehen Sie die Spur in der y-Ebene um -90 ° und das Auto hängt vertikal, wenn es an einem "normalen" Motor aufgehängt ist, aber wenn es am Ende auf das Rad trifft, da dies eine normal ausgerichtete Spur verwendet, um die 180 ° -Biegung zu überwinden. Das Auto fliegt horizontal wie unter Fliehkraft. Offensichtlich kann dies überwunden werden, indem die Sicht des Autos ausgeschaltet und durch einen an einem "horizontalen" Motor ersetzt wird. Dazu gehört jedoch, dass man sich in einer Reihe befindet, um sie auszurichten, und ein besonderes Ereignis, um die Umstellung zu bewältigen.

Die einfachste Lösung besteht darin, die Anweisungen zum Durchhängen von Kabeln zu ignorieren (ich konnte ohnehin kein Kabel durchhängen) und die Schiene einfach normal zu verwenden.

Aber es macht nichts aus, wenn das Kabel einen Berg hinaufführt, entsteht ein weiteres Problem:

Chairlift.thumb.jpg.6876d2b906c8f32cbfd30eaaa185d0cf.jpg

Der Stuhl in der Mitte hängt senkrecht. in der horizontalen Station. Der rechte hängt vertikal auf dem Weg nach oben und der hintere senkrecht auf dem Weg nach unten.

Wenn sie anfangen zu steigen ...

2306320_Chairlift2.thumb.jpg.10c43958cb7ba28a3925f33f6d85ef09.jpg

Und auf dem Rückweg ...

1401141891_Chairlift3.thumb.jpg.ccc89301386eef65d553e8e7a33a584e.jpg

Hoffen wir, dass der Sicherheitsgurt an diesem Vordersitz hält, hmm?

Auch dies könnte durch Umschalten der Sichtbarkeit behoben werden. Warum gibt es jedoch keine Animation, mit der das Auto gedreht werden kann, um es vertikal zu halten? Das wäre weitaus empfindlicher, als drei verschiedene Autos an einem Motor zu haben - sechs, wenn Ihr Kabel vertikal ausgerichtet ist!

Ich habe auch Probleme mit den Dingen, die an den Enden des Mast-T-Aufsatzes sitzen - ich nehme an, wenn ich ein vertikales Kabel verwenden würde, könnte ich es biegen, um es zu formen? Versuchte das und das Kabel schnappte zum Verriegelungspunkt und stellte sich richtig auf! Aber mein größtes Problem ist, sollten sich die Rollen nicht unter dem Kabel befinden? Das Antriebsrad in der Station dreht sich gegen den Uhrzeigersinn, was bedeutet, dass die Autos rechts fahren. Die Rollen an den Mastbefestigungen drehen sich jedoch standardmäßig auch gegen den Uhrzeigersinn, was bedeutet, dass die Oberseiten in die falsche Richtung weisen. Sicher, kehren Sie die Animation um und sie gehen den richtigen Weg, aber dies sollte behoben werden.

Es ist egal, dass sich der Zweiradaufsatz in die Mitte des Pylons einbetten möchte, anstatt am Ende zu befestigen.

Es ist ein bisschen scherzhaft, sorry. Aber ich bin sehr frustriert über diese ganze Sache. Irgendwelche offensichtlichen Lösungen, die ich verpasst habe? Irgendwelche Angebote, um die Modelle zu reparieren? Sehr geschätzt.

Prost

Simon

Alle Übersetzungsfehler sind die Schuld von Google Translate!

Bearbeitet von simonjackson1964
typo

Hallo / hello Simon,

Schau mal hier. Wie man die Kamera einsetzt, damit das hängende Objekt unabhängig von der Steigung des Seils immer gerade nach unten hängt, kannst Du in diesem Beitrag nachlesen.
Look here. How to use the camera so that the hanging object always hangs straight down, regardless of the slope of the rope, you can read in this post.

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

30 minutes ago, simonjackson1964 said:

The problem with that is that it restricts the operator to only viewing the chairlift from one camera...

I'm not sure that that's true. I used this 'camera' trick to have my Zeppelin stay horizontal even when descending a slope; it worked fine, and could be seen to be horizontal from any other camera. The camera trick is only to force the System to keep the orientation; other viewpoints still work.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob das stimmt. Ich habe diesen "Kamera" -Trick verwendet, um meinen Zeppelin auch beim Abstieg horizontal zu halten. es funktionierte gut und konnte von jeder anderen Kamera als horizontal angesehen werden. Der Kameratrick besteht nur darin, das System zu zwingen, die Ausrichtung beizubehalten. andere Gesichtspunkte funktionieren noch.

30 minutes ago, simonjackson1964 said:

...I think my preferred option is not to include the chairlift after all. It's too much like hard work for something that is supposed to be fun.

Ah, that's a very different perspective. For some of us, the fun is in the Challenge, finding solutions (even imperfect ones...) to issues we create ourselves..! :D

Ah, das ist eine ganz andere Perspektive. Für einige von uns liegt der Spaß in der Herausforderung, Lösungen (auch unvollkommene ...) für Probleme zu finden, die wir selbst erstellen ..! :D

11 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I'm not sure that that's true. I used this 'camera' trick to have my Zeppelin stay horizontal even when descending a slope; it worked fine, and could be seen to be horizontal from any other camera. The camera trick is only to force the System to keep the orientation; other viewpoints still work.

Really? That's interesting, I didn't realise you could do that. I'll have a go. Doesn't solve all the other problems though, like how to make that so-called "flexible rope" go where I want it to go!

11 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Ah, that's a very different perspective. For some of us, the fun is in the Challenge, finding solutions (even imperfect ones...) to issues we create ourselves..! 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a challenge as much as the next guy. But having faced and solved several different challenges and spent three entire evenings fiddling about trying to get it to behave, only to have each solved problem bring up another brand new one, I finally ran out of patience and reverted back to a previous save. Instead I spent Saturday afternoon/evening finishing the cascade waterfall that is descending from on high to the plane below, putting a monastery on a different mountain, and running the river that is fed by the falls out to the front of the baseboard. Managed to find a bridge that let me run the river under the five railway tracks there! And I had the foresite to put "ground level" 100mm up so I could drop the river underneath! Then put a rowing boat going up and down the river, managed to position the virtual track so their was no water in the boat at any time, but the boar wasn't hovering above the water (at least not noticeably).

So, yes, I'm happy to solve problems I've caused (like putting a Y junction into a virtual track but forgetting to add the switch settings), but problems that are caused by the model itself are someone else's to solve...!

On 4/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, BahnLand said:

Hallo / hello Simon,

Schau mal hier. Wie man die Kamera einsetzt, damit das hängende Objekt unabhängig von der Steigung des Seils immer gerade nach unten hängt, kannst Du in diesem Beitrag nachlesen.
Look here. How to use the camera so that the hanging object always hangs straight down, regardless of the slope of the rope, you can read in this post.

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

Seems I owe you an apology! Once I read through what you told Dad3353 a second time, while actually doing it on the layout, I realised exactly what you were saying and how it works.

So, sorry, and thanks!

Now I just need to get the cable to behave itself and do what I tell it instead of what it thinks I should be telling it!

I just tried a little experiment.

• Camera 1: aligned with the cable, focussed on the "drive" cable clamps, linked to and tracking the cable clamps.
  • Camera 2: aligned at right-angle to the cable, focused on, linked to and tracking Camera 1.
  • Car/seat: attached to the clamps via the attachment pint, linked to camera 2.

This has the very satisfying effect of keeping the car from flying out horizontally when it hits a length of horizontal cable!

Maybe I can get this thing to work after all, without spending another three evenings on it!

Cheers

Simon

================================================

Scheint, ich schulde dir eine Entschuldigung! Nachdem ich ein zweites Mal gelesen hatte, was Sie Dad3353 gesagt hatten, während ich es tatsächlich im Layout tat, wurde mir genau klar, was Sie sagten und wie es funktioniert.

Also, sorry und danke!

Jetzt muss ich nur noch das Kabel dazu bringen, sich selbst zu verhalten und das zu tun, was ich sage, anstatt das zu tun, was ich denke, dass ich es sagen sollte!

Ich habe gerade ein kleines Experiment versucht.

• Kamera 1: Ausgerichtet auf das Kabel, fokussiert auf die "Laufwerks" -Kabelklemmen, verbunden mit den Kabelklemmen und deren Verfolgung.
  • Kamera 2: rechtwinklig zum Kabel ausgerichtet, fokussiert auf Kamera 1, mit dieser verbunden und verfolgt.
  • Auto / Sitz: Wird über das mit Kamera 2 verbundene Befestigungspint an den Klemmen befestigt.

Dies hat den sehr befriedigenden Effekt, dass das Auto nicht horizontal herausfliegt, wenn es auf ein horizontales Kabel trifft!

Vielleicht kann ich das Ding doch zum Laufen bringen, ohne noch drei Abende damit zu verbringen!

Prost
Simon
Bearbeitet von simonjackson1964
Posted unfinished by accident

Correction:

As described above, as the angle of the cable changes, so the car "drifts" up or down,  because Camera 1's angle is changing, and camera 2 is tracking camera 1, the tracking point being somewhere in the body of the camera rather than the lens where the widget is.

I tried reversing the cameras, having Camera 2 focussed on the clamps and camera 1 focused on camera 2. that fixed the drift but when it hit the horizontal cable it sort-of exploded!

I have tried to think of a solution... The only thing I can see that will work is having a second car at 90° to the first one, set invisible, and toggle the visibility of both cars when entering/leaving the horizontal track.

Which is what I had originally come up with.

Of course on the "One car in each direction" set up, it works fine, because that doesn't send the cars around the wheel.

Korrektur:

Wie oben beschrieben, "driftet" das Auto nach oben oder unten, wenn sich der Winkel des Kabels ändert, da sich der Winkel von Kamera 1 ändert und Kamera 2 Kamera 1 verfolgt, wobei sich der Verfolgungspunkt irgendwo im Körper der Kamera befindet und nicht das Objektiv, in dem sich das Widget befindet.

Ich habe versucht, die Kameras umzukehren, wobei Kamera 2 auf die Klemmen und Kamera 1 auf Kamera 2 fokussiert war, wodurch die Drift behoben wurde, aber als sie auf das horizontale Kabel traf, explodierte sie irgendwie!

Ich habe versucht, eine Lösung zu finden ... Das einzige, was ich sehen kann, ist, ein zweites Auto in einem Winkel von 90 ° zum ersten zu haben, unsichtbar zu machen und die Sichtbarkeit beider Autos beim Betreten / Verlassen der horizontalen Spur umzuschalten .

Welches ist, was ich ursprünglich erfunden hatte.

Natürlich funktioniert es beim Setup "Ein Auto in jede Richtung" einwandfrei, da dadurch die Autos nicht um das Lenkrad geschleudert werden.

6 hours ago, simonjackson1964 said:

Now I just need to get the cable to behave itself and do what I tell it instead of what it thinks I should be telling it!

Yeah....

Everything else works. But that darn "Flexible Rope" is impossible.

On 4/9/2021 at 9:56 PM, simonjackson1964 said:

"The normal variations are for use with vertically aligned track..." Right? Turn the track through -90° in the y plane

This is fine if your cable car runs horizontally in a straight line, and even causes few problems if the cables are angled, but run in a straight line between pylons - which kinda defeats the object?

But the moment you click that green arrowhead to try and pull the cable into a curve, the darned thing twists. And I've not got the cable running at a funny angle, it's straight up and down the x-axis. Getting it to untwist is next to impossible I've found.

(Actually this is similar to what happened with the catenary wires from V5 to V6, only where the catenary insisted on curving unrealistically along the track, the cable car cables insist on travelling in unrealistically straight lines

I keep trying and I keep getting more and more frustrated. I'm assuming that the creator of these objects tested them? If so, how did he get them to do what he wanted? Because I can't!