Bow waves and wakes for ships

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi All

I may well be hoping to take realism just a bit too far but seeing a ship float across the surface of water without creating either a bow wave of wake just doesn't look right somehow. Has anyone got a solution to this problem or does anyone know if it is even possible to create such an effect. Steam trains without smoke don't look right so I'm hoping that there is some clever member out there with a solution for boats. I've tried creating a sort of wake using Brunnenwasser but it's not very realistic and I wouldn't know where to start trying to control such an effect for different speeds.

All suggestions would be most welcome, short of using a torpedo!!!

Pete

Hi Simon

Your solution is great. Many thanks for taking the trouble to come up with this solution. It may seem like a daft request but how do I open your draft version. Clearly I'm not used to undertaking such tasks. Yet another learning curve required.

I also had a very similar solution sent to me by a very good friend and member, but in *.mbp format, who has become rather disillusioned, shall I say, with some elements of the forum but who is still clearly maintaining an interest in finding solutions. The solution that he has sent me is quite brilliant. I haven't yet installed it into my layout, it takes me a while to work through his quite intricate EM but he has produced a rolling bow wave as well as a stern wake which is EM controlled. Once I have been able to master this and hopefully incorporated some of your solution I will seek his permission to post the results for the benefit of all. I have to say that some of his ideas are really great. His solution to helicopter take off and landing are genius and very realistic. It is largely down to his guidance that I have managed to get thus far with much of my layout although variables, and many other elements of EM work for me are still very much in their infancy. Like yours and Goetz advice with carriage door opening and closing I pick suggestions up and thus learn a bit more.

Pete

Pete