Release of a route "Fahrstraße"

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello @prinz, @Derrick, hello fellow members.

I studied in an early stage routes (fahrstraße) and used succesfully for me a standard method . And this worked always in each situation with me at home.
But ... on the forum Derrick had a problem wich I followed an discussed also in P.M with Prinz,  After tests at home the conclusion is that there is something I still do not understand clearly. So please some help. 

I want to activate a route ( fahrstraße). When should I acivate that route with and without deferring ?
Why should I use this condition "route is free and can be activated". ? It seems it is not always necessary to use the condition when activating.
Kind regards Herman.

Hallo @prinz, @Derrick, hallo Mitglieder.

Ich habe in einem frühen Stadium Touren (Fahrstraße) studiert und für mich erfolgreich eine Standardmethode angewendet. Und diese funktionierte immer in jeder Situation bei mir zu Hause.
Aber ... im Forum hatte Derrick ein Problem, dem ich gefolgt bin und auch in P.M mit Prinz diskutiert habe, Nach Tests zu Hause ist die Schlussfolgerung, dass ich da etwas noch nicht ganz verstanden habe. Also bitte etwas Hilfe. 

Ich möchte eine Fahrstraße aktivieren. Wann soll ich diese Fahrstraße mit und wann ohne Verschiebung aktivieren ?
Warum soll ich diese Bedingung "Fahrstraße ist frei und kann aktiviert werden" verwenden. ? Es scheint, dass es nicht immer notwendig ist, die Bedingung beim Aktivieren zu verwenden.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen Herman.

596602073_route1-2.jpg.75b582993ae793c18acc930e1ca846b1.jpg
1862619567_route1-2deferjpg.jpg.504ab21df9b3744141a6d3b93468e6b2.jpg

Bearbeitet von Herman
translation

Hello Herman,

Here my answer as far as i understood the discussions about this point correctly:
As discussed in another context the defer request is only needed if a train is currently using the requested route. Without this option MBS will handle the request as solved, when the other train quits the route, that means the route is not activated again for the actual requesting train.

On the other side: If the route can be activated directly the "defer request"-option has no effects. So, in my layouts, i allways set the "defer request"-option, if the route can be activated directly or not.

Best regard,
  Wolfgang

1 minute ago, prinz said:

So, in my layouts, i allways set the "defer request"-option, if the route can be activated directly or not.

Hi, Wolfgang, thanks. The deferred is clear and I agree.
But I still have the question why asking "route is free and can be activated" is necessary and when ? Why not directly activate with the defer. 

Hallo, Wolfgang, danke. Die Verschiebung ist klar und ich stimme zu.
Aber ich habe immer noch die Frage, warum die Frage "Fahrstraße ist frei und kann aktiviert werden" notwendig ist ? Warum nicht direkt mit der Aufschiebung aktivieren.

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Herman

Hi Hermam

I have used "If route is free and can be activated" when dealing with KS type signals. The KS Multi-section signal shows a different aspect if  this block and the next block are both free than if only this block is free.

So if I have a signal at the start of Route A and route A ends at the signal that is the start of Route B, I want to activate route A to let my train in, and if route B is free and can be activated I set the signal to KS1, if it is not I set the signal to KS2. - I can also use the same function to activate Route B, and check if route C is free and can be activated, thus cascading the green light up the line.

Quickly created example:

Capture.thumb.JPG.fc3a88e250438ce494291e7bccd8e0f1.JPG

The event can be made more efficient by the use of a route keyword and a variable holding the next route on each route, and the event "When a route is activated". but the above is "quick and dirty".

Capture.thumb.JPG.4218f1d98f519352d06a31b152bfdd3a.JPG

All signals are red - then a train approaches.

Capture.thumb.JPG.2c4faa0ea985fe2cd4b4ae1a68b9de5d.JPG

All Signals are green except the entry to E which is yellow.

Capture.thumb.JPG.500e01f13b3546fc1bd7cecdd88f8bda.JPG

And the train - well a loco in this case... goes past.

Using Object (Route) variables would enable a train following to set all the routes as far as the one the train in front is in on a rolling basis, by using the deferred activation, I'm pretty sure. Need to try it.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Herman:

why asking "route is free and can be activated" is necessary

There are different situation where need this condition. Thanks to @simonjackson1964 for explaning one of them. Another situation could be:

I have a station with maybe 6 tracks. If there is not assignment of a specific train to a specific track i use this condition check if a track is free and route the train to this track.
Another situation is the timer of a station track ends. Then i check also if the wanted route is available before activating it. If it is not available i restart the timer (with a short time). So i hope to avoid any problems.

Best regards, Wolfgang

Da gibt es verschiedene Situationen, wo diese Bedingung gebraucht wird. Danke an simonjackson1964 für die Erläuterung. Weitere Situationen können sein:

Ich habe einen Bahnhof mit z.B. 6 Gleisen. Falls es keine direkte Zuordnung des Zuges zu einem Gleis gibt benutze ich diese Bedingung um zu prüfen, ob ein Gleis verfügbar ist und schicke den Zug dorthin. Eine andere Situation ist, wenn der Timer für einen Bahnhofshalt abläuft. Dann prüfe ich, ob die gewünschte Fahrstraße frei ist. Falls nicht wird der Timer neu gestartet (mit einer kurzen Zeit). So hoffe ich, einige Probleme zu umgehen.

Hello everybody, 

Thank you Simon and Wolfgang. Indeed this are examples where the question "If route is free and can be activated" is very usefull. 
But for me to close this post, just say yes, if you only want to activate a route ( with defer ) you do not need that question at all before. The studio will handle the route correct.
Because my tests today says it is not necessary.  So why the doubt ?

Sorry, it is me, somehow in the beginning of the beta  V7 there slipped something in my mind  that I first had to ask something like "If route is free and can be activated" before activating. Without the question the route could be activated  and it should not. I thought then it will be temporarely, the studio will change this for sure , and handle it itself.   I was this day looking in old posts, but cannot find it. And maybe it was only in my imagination ? 
I really did not want to put someone here on a wrong path, but thanks for the help.
Kind regards, Herman

Hallo zusammen, 

Danke Simon und Wolfgang. In der Tat sind das Beispiele, wo die Frage "Ist die Route frei und kann aktiviert werden" sehr nützlich ist. 
Aber um diesen Beitrag zu schließen, kann ich nur sagen, wenn man eine Route nur aktivieren will (mit Aufschub), braucht man diese Frage vorher gar nicht. Das Studio wird die Route korrekt verarbeiten.
Denn meine Tests heute sagen, es ist nicht notwendig.  Also warum der Zweifel ?

Sorry, es liegt an mir, irgendwie ist mir am Anfang der Beta V7 etwas in den Sinn gekommen, dass ich vor der Aktivierung erst so etwas wie "Ist die Strecke frei und kann aktiviert werden" fragen muss. Ohne die Frage konnte die Route aktiviert werden und sollte es nicht. Ich dachte dann, das wird nur vorübergehend sein, das Studio wird das sicher ändern, und es selbst erledigen.   Ich habe heute in alten Beiträgen gesucht, kann es aber nicht finden. Und vielleicht war es auch nur in meiner Einbildung ? 
Ich wollte hier wirklich niemanden auf einen falschen Weg bringen, aber danke für die Hilfe.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Herman