Basic animation

Empfohlene Beiträge

When using start animation, there is an item labeled position.  If I give a number, the vehicle (crane etc.) jumps to that position immediately. Can a smooth action be accomplished without using script ?  The only way I use this command is issue the action then defer action until it arrives where I want it .... ends up trial and error until I get the results desired. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb hmclay:

When using start animation, there is an item labeled position

You may set this position to "current" when you want to begin the animation from the current position.
Remember to also specify, if you want that animation to run forward or backwards.

Numbers are only needed to start from a specific position, which is neither at the beginning (= 0) nor the end (= 1).
It's on purpose that the animation skips to the specified position when you use a number.
Sensible numbers would be between 0 and 1, e.g. 0.5 for a start half way.

Thanks Goetz ... so the number is a starting number not a position you want to go to.

So if I'm currently at 0.3 and want to stop at 0.75, other than using a defer time, can you initiate a stop automatically at 0.75?

Also, is there a way to read the position ?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb hmclay:

is there a way to read the position ?

easy:

1666134657_animationvalues.jpg.8b32475f38c52a853a46f4fe68f92c4b.jpg

vor 7 Stunden schrieb hmclay:

can you initiate a stop automatically at 0.75?

Yes, by converting the command to its Lua equivalent:

1149391868_animationparameters.thumb.jpg.49006cadd32f8151a3d4653a5b0d81f4.jpg

I marked the command "play" before pressing ctrl + space to open the description with all relevant information.

I thought I may have to learn Lua eventually ... guess with what I want to do, the time has come.

That is a lot easier than what I was pursuing.

The reading of the position I did not explain well. I was wondering if it could be read within the software to know current position before issuing commands. But on second thought, maybe I don't need that info.

Thanks Again