Virtual Depots and Grouped Objects

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi. I've noticed that if a vehicle (motorized or not) that is grouped with other objects (such as a driver, or a container floor) is sent into a virtual depot, when it is released from the virtual depot, the group has been removed.

I'm guessing this is something to do with the way the vehicle is stored in the depot, and I'm also guessing there is nothing that can be done about it? It's a shame because I was hoping that grouping the objects would prevent them from moving independently of each other despite being linked, which is a bug others have noticed... Unfortunately I've not been able to duplicate the problem.

Is there a way of re-grouping the objects from the EV?

Hi Simon,

It's better to link drivers (containers etc.) to vehicles and not group them together.
Any link remains through depots.

Groups are eliminated, because some people (i.e. me) store entire trains as a group, but that group would cause problems in any bend.

Kind regards
Goetz

In fact just grouping objects doesn't keep them together if one is selected from inside the group! So setting a locomotive moving if the driver isn't linked, still leaves him behind even if they are grouped. Found that out the empirical way!

But I have definitely noticed that objects linked to (for example) a flat car, such as (for example) pallet storage locations, will not always follow the exact movement of the wagon they are linked to. I don't know why, but you can set everything to the exact same height and location relative to the wagons, run the wagon around a few times, and it comes back with things slightly skewed, not enough to really notice unless you're specifically looking, but if the effect is cumulative, enough to eventually make things look wrong!

I hope this can be fixed, but I suspect it's a rounding error and it's just the way things are. As I said I was hoping that grouping them might prevent the "creep".

vor 12 Stunden schrieb simonjackson1964:

I have definitely noticed that objects linked to (for example) a flat car, such as (for example) pallet storage locations, will not always follow the exact movement of the wagon they are linked to.

They should, though.
And in all my observations I found that they do - flawless! - when they are not linked and grouped.

The combination of link and group causes objects to drift slowly.
Neo found the cause of this undesired behavior and the coming update for V8 will fix it.

Bearbeitet von Goetz
additional explanations

80729089-83DD-4E94-85CA-D98B9BC8A5E1

Run that for a few minutes. But check the locations of the containers against their wagons first, before you take it off Pause. They should be identical. After running it for a while, pause and check again.

Of course if it's been fixed, that's a moot question.

Bearbeitet von simonjackson1964