Another Signalling Question...

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi Guys...

Please, will someone explain the difference between KS Advance and Repeater signals? So far as I can see, they both perform the same function. The multi-block signal shows the state of the next block signal, so any signal between the two is just repeating what the previous signal showed, Either KS1 or KS2.

Also on a similar subject, which signal would you put at the entrance to station limits, KS Main or KS Multi-Block? If the latter, what is the former used for?

Thanks

Simon

Hallo Leute...

Kann mir bitte jemand den Unterschied zwischen KS Advance- und Repeater-Signalen erklären? Soweit ich sehen kann, erfüllen beide die gleiche Funktion. Das Multiblock-Signal zeigt den Status des nächsten Blocksignals an, sodass jedes Signal zwischen den beiden nur das wiederholt, was das vorherige Signal zeigte, entweder KS1 oder KS2.

Und zu einem ähnlichen Thema: Welches Signal würden Sie am Eingang der Bahnhofsgrenzen anbringen, KS Main oder KS Multi-Block? Wenn letzteres der Fall ist, wofür wird ersteres verwendet?

Danke

Simon

vor 9 Stunden schrieb simonjackson1964:

So far as I can see, they both perform the same function.
Soweit ich sehen kann, erfüllen beide die gleiche Funktion.

That is correct.
When the situation requires more than one advance signal (e.g. due to poor visibility), any additional one is a repeater. And it is indicated as a repeater signal, to let the train driver know that he has already passed the first advance signal.

Das ist richtig.
Wenn die Situation mehr als ein Vorsignal erfordert (z. B. aufgrund schlechter Sicht), ist jedes zusätzliche Signal ein Repeater. Und es wird als Repeater-Signal angezeigt, um den Lokführer wissen zu lassen, dass er das erste Vorsignal bereits passiert hat.

Greets
Goetz

Bearbeitet von Goetz

Thanks, Goetz

Right. So we have a KS Multiblock signal showing KS2 - Expect stop at the next signal. The next signal is 1km away and is showing HP0.

In between the two is a bridge which obscures the driver's view of the next signal, so to give him warning of what it is showing now he's passed the Multiblock signal, we put a signal before the bridge. Is that an advance signal or a repeater?

Rechts. Wir haben also ein KS-Multiblock-Signal mit der Anzeige KS2 – Stopp beim nächsten Signal erwarten. Das nächste Signal ist 1 km entfernt und zeigt HP0.

Dazwischen befindet sich eine Brücke, die dem Fahrer die Sicht auf das nächste Signal versperrt. Um ihn also zu warnen, was dort angezeigt wird, nachdem er das Multiblock-Signal passiert hat, haben wir vor der Brücke ein Signal angebracht. Ist das ein Vorsignal oder ein Repeater?

This is why I never publish completed layouts - They are never complete! I'm a perfectionist and I want things to be correct.

To be clear, in the situation shown below: Signalquestion.thumb.jpg.d167901411697ccf0594741392edf1a0.jpg

There is no separate "advanced signal" because the first signal functions as the "advanced signal" for the third one, so the second one is a repeater?

And yes I'm one of those people who have to line up the catenary as exactly as possible.

Cheers, Simon

vor 18 Minuten schrieb simonjackson1964:

The KS Main signal without the KS2 option, would be used when the block is longer than the required distance for an advance signal, and the separate KS Advance signal used at the required distance?

Sounds right to me. 
And there are other locations where no advance signal is required. A station entry for instance doesn't always have an advance signal.

Sorry for asking this again, but...

3 hours ago, Goetz said:

A station entry for instance doesn't always have an advance signal

That can be interpreted two ways:

1) There can be a station entry signal that is not preceded by an advance signal (either separate or combined).

2) Station entry signals do not always have a KS2 aspect.

I suspect that you mean option 2, because I cannot think of a circumstance where option 1 would be the case?