Program the rotation of a person on a virtual track

Empfohlene Beiträge

On 12/20/2023 at 1:40 PM, 220hotwheels said:

Herman

Hi Herman

Following on from our previous correspondence I have attached 3 screenshots by way of explanation.

Best regards

Pete

Trenton District Hospital.jpeg

Trenton FedEx depot.jpeg

Trenton VW garage.jpg

Hi Herman

As per our last conversation I have attached a screenshot of the Adler fleet so that you can understand why I am so keen to preserve these models in my layouts, they are very personal to me and a fitting thank you to Douglas, Dad3353 for all his hard work.

Best regards

Pete

The Adler fleet.jpg

• 2 Wochen später...
On 12/24/2023 at 4:19 PM, 220hotwheels said:

Hi Herman

As per our last conversation I have attached a screenshot of the Adler fleet so that you can understand why I am so keen to preserve these models in my layouts, they are very personal to me and a fitting thank you to Douglas, Dad3353 for all his hard work.

Best regards

Pete

The Adler fleet.jpg

Hi Herman

A very Happy New Year to you, I trust you had a very pleasant Christmas and New Year celebrations

Glad you liked the AFS fleet. On another issue, but following on from my initial request regarding rotating people. I started out by simply setting a timer for the two vehicles in the original demo so they didn't crash and, oops, it got a bit extended as you will see. No where near finished but I have come across another problem with the helicopter. Every time it comes into land it seems to drop back, just a bit on the helipad and for the life of me I can't find out why. I've inserted a pointer at the front of the pad to monitor the problem. Any thoughts please.

Speaking of the helicopter, I'm also running another test to see if I can get it to operate a little more true to life, i.e. get it to tilt forward on take off etc. I've managed to get a sort of acceptable solution for the take off but once in the air the flight speed is no good. No matter what I do it sets off fine but then the flight speed reverts to the initial speed of 20kph. Anyway I'll continue to experiment in an effort to solve it so that I can add it to this particular layout. If you have any thoughts on this then I'll happily send you the demo so far.

28548A6C-4F48-4915-84FD-8CA8065BB294

Just press play, I think.

Best regards

Pete

Hi Pete,  a happy 2024 to you. I'll have to look more in detail. By the way, the resque of the patient out of the Heli is really great (y)
( Maybe a camera to follow that )
See you again,

Regards, Herman

Bearbeitet von Herman

Hi Pete.  A remark.
Because you linked to the SX2; when the SX2 lowers because he follows the virtual track, then the Heli will lower too but he is far behind so you notice that. 
Probably solutions.

• Put the SX2 just beneath the Helicopter, not before.

or

• Did you never thought of this : the Helicopter is a vehicle. So let unlink him from the SX3 ( link to empty ) when he is on the horizontal track. 
    When the Helicopter is near enough to the virtual track, he will link automaticly to the track as a vehicle. Then you can give him the speed in stead of the SX2.

Maybe you have something with this ?
Greetings, Herman

Note, I once made this one 72A8A11F-E6F2-4A94-9D90-59953246BF63, nothing special, just to give some other idea for an helicopter flight.

Note. For smoother flight, lower the values acceleration and deceleration of the SX2

Bearbeitet von Herman
no automatic link.

44 minutes ago, Herman said:

Hi Pete.  A remark.
Because you linked to the SX2; when the SX2 lowers because he follows the virtual track, then the Heli will lower too but he is far behind so you notice that. 
Probably solutions.

• Put the SX2 just beneath the Helicopter, not before.

or

• Did you never thought of this : the Helicopter is a vehicle. So let unlink him from the SX3 ( link to empty ) when he is on the horizontal track. 
    When the Helicopter is near enough to the virtual track, he will link automaticly to the track as a vehicle. Then you can give him the speed in stead of the SX2.

Maybe you have something with this ?
Greetings, Herman

Note, I once made this one 72A8A11F-E6F2-4A94-9D90-59953246BF63, nothing special, just to give some other idea for an helicopter flight.

Note. For smoother flight, lower the values acceleration and deceleration of the SX2

Hi Herman

Many thanks for that, I'll take a look at implementing your suggestion and see how that works out, especially with the new helicopter trial which is still a bit lumpy on acceleration and deceleration. Hopefully I might have a modest working system with that within a day or so. 

I took a look at your helicopter solution, it's really neat. I especially like the movement of the helicopter from the hangar. Much food for thought with my Trenton layout if you have no objections to me using your idea.

Be in touch soon to let you know how I get on using your suggestions.

Best regards

Pete