Gargraves Track [0-Gauge]

Empfohlene Beiträge

Danka Henry.  Yes, my last name is German.  Originally spelled with two SS's at the end.  Also the name of a Beer.  I unfortunately do not speak German.  

Anyway.  I do not know the exact geometrie of the track.  I can link to their website http://www.gargraves.com/flextrack.html which has all their track on it.  (I'm not that knowledgeable of the hobby).

Thanks,

Justin

Hello Justin,

I found the requested dimensions in the downloadable price list and in http://www.gargraves.com/diagramsandinstructions.html
What kind of track system do you prefer --- tinplated, stainless, 3 rails or 2 rails , Phantom, Standard, Bright and color of ties ...

I think I should start with GarGraves O-Gauge "Phantom" Line Track w/Plastic Ties .

Regards,
Henry

btw.: I have moved this thread to the english forum.

Hi Justin,

I have a problem in assigning the correct scale between the width of the track and the running train model.

'0 Gauge 'means a distance of 32 mm between the inside edges of the rails. Trains run on 32 mm wide tracks normally on a scale of 1:48. Garden railroading is also using this broad, but is built on a scale of 1:22.5 as a narrow gauge track. The term 'outdoor' and the size of the tracks makes me suspect that they are tracks for a garden railway.

0_gauge.jpg

Please give me the right model factor to set into the properties window. As you can see --- It is not only the size of the track that determines the appearance, you must also tell me what kind of scale in the track system has to be created, so that the desired scale in the 3D Train Studio is displayed.

Regards, Henry

Hello to all,

Thanks for your help. I am not really sure what I have reserched, please help me again to setup the exact track system. At this first state I came to this result:

Gargraves_0gauge_1.jpg

It seems that tracks with plastic ties and tracks with wooden ties have different radii - see *.pdf-file here --- I cannot tell you the reason why. Any help or explanation is welcome.

So long from

Henry

Unfortunately I can't explain the difference.  I belong to a train club (nassau lionel operating engineers nloe.org).  We use the Gargrave Phantom Flextrack (with wood ties) and Ross switches.  I was hoping to recreate the layout with this software to help us plan for future expansions.  I don't really know anything about the track types or why one over another, so my apologies.  Hope someone else can help you to the why's.

I blew it,  I was thinking scale, but was wrong.  I do not think Gargraves intends mixing types of track.  IE, no plastic track and wooden rail track on same layout.  

it is easier to get and maintain a curve with plastic track than with wooden ties.   I suspect that is the reason for the difference in radiaii.

• 2 Wochen später...

Hello Justin,

I am going now to create the Ross turnouts. Please be patient - it is time consuming to rebuilt the turnouts from the Ross-PDF-files. After that you should be able to recreate your new layout with this program in combination with Gargraves tracks.

Ross_1.jpg 

BTW: what is the prefered center space you use in your layout ?

Hope I can help you at last -

Regards, Henry

• 2 Wochen später...