Multiple vehicles on the same road

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction of how to have different vehicles travelling on the same road, in the same direction but that they will stop or slow down when the one in front does so. I am aware that there are invisible spacers that will do this, to a point, but I am trying to achieve closer to reality than simply having one follow another like a robot. Ultimately I hope to be able to create a situation where one vehicle can join a road, follow other vehicles but then turn off when it's particular program dictates so that it can then follow a different designated route.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

vor 36 Minuten schrieb 220hotwheels:

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction of how to have different vehicles travelling on the same road, in the same direction but that they will stop or slow down when the one in front does so.

Hi Pete,
to do this properly, you need the new version 6 of the Studio.
It offers a new property for vehicles, which you may turn on and off individually for each car:

Automatic Slow Down

749112067_Automaticslowdown.jpg.61fce273b552afa8633cf086292743a7.jpg

When the couplers are inactive, vehicles keep a distance to the one in front, appropriate for the current speed (i.e. longer, when they drive faster)
With active couplers, vehicles will touch, couple and stop. Great for shunting locos

(And: Yes, that really is a Messerschmidt in the picture. No kidding.)

Bearbeitet von Goetz
additional infos

Hi Goetz

That's great thanks. I'll have to see if I can upgrade from V5 to V6. I have automatic update enabled but presumably that does not include a version change. The picture of the Messerschmidt brings back memories of the first car that one of my friends bought. It too was one just like this. He used to drive it like an F1 driver and scared the life out of me. They were not the most stable of cars and he was no respecter of corners. His moto being 'flat out at all times' and keep your fingers and legs crossed at the bends.

Once again many thanks for the advice.

Pete

vor 2 Stunden schrieb 220hotwheels:

presumably that does not include a version change.

indeed, it doesn't.
In the Beta section here, you can find a download link. The standard version is free of charge, but limits you to 150 objects when you want to save your layout. The Professional version can be obtained at a reduced price for owners of previous versions, like yourself.

Currently, version 6 is still being tested and that's why you haven't been notified yet that a new version is available

vor 2 Stunden schrieb 220hotwheels:

He used to drive it like an F1 driver and scared the life out of me.

I'm glad your with us now, nevertheless :-)

Bearbeitet von Goetz