Problem with roads

Empfohlene Beiträge

This question sounds really stupid but having spent a couple of hours trying to solve it and getting nowhere I decided to seek help.

On previous layouts I have had no problem with roads. I start off with a straight and then edit it to create curves etc. So, if I now take a section of "street" edit its length to say 500mm then add a curve of 150mm x 180 degrees I find that route '0' has changed but routes 1 and two have not. I can change them manually but can only guess at the length required. If I apply the same length as for '0' then the vehicle will not stay on the track. I have looked at road sections in older layouts and can see that the various routes have automatically changed the length to suite the curve.

This phenomenon has only become apparent since downloading V6. That said I have gone back to look at layouts in V5 and the same problem is now affecting those layouts if I introduce additional road sections.

I must admit that when downloading V6 I did get a malware message telling me not to continue with the download but I chose to ignore it. Perhaps this is my penalty for trusting the 3d Train Studio program rather than my security system. 

If any one can show me the error of my ways I would be most grateful.

Pete

Hi,

vor 2 Stunden schrieb 220hotwheels:

That said I have gone back to look at layouts in V5 and the same problem is now affecting those layouts if I introduce additional road sections.

do you have a sample layout for use?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb 220hotwheels:

Perhaps this is my penalty for trusting the 3d Train Studio program rather than my security system.

This is not a malware message, but Windows SmartScreen, which just tells you that the download is unknown and has not yet enough reputation. This message disappears in the next few days after enough users have downloaded the file.

Kind regards,

Neo

Thanks for that Neo. Nice to know all is well with the program. I've not had too much time to get to grips with much that is new but I have certainly noticed how much smoother movement around the layout is. I had added some road sections to a trest layout that I am working on so attach this so you can see the problem  although I think Metallix might just have given me the answer. He also very kindly pointed me in the right direction for sorting out a crane operation/cargo loading and unloading although I still haven't got the "magic" right to send all the cargo back to their respective start points yet.

Many thanks

Pete

Test layout.mbp