ev slagwort - keyword and lists

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello dear members, hallo liebe Mitglieder, und besonders  Hermann,

Ich wollte laufen, bevor ich laufen konnte  ( I wanted to run before I could walk  (cfr ref Container Crane)

I am now working on learning to use and uderstand EV better ( Ich arbeite jetzt daran, zu lernen, wie ich EV

besser nutzen und verstehen kan)

Daher die folgenden Fragen : Gibt es gute Tutorials zum Erstellen von  Slagwörter und Listen und deren Verwendung. ? ( Therefore the following questions : are there any

good tutorials about making keywords of making lists, and how to use them.

Bitte um eure Hilfe, Plese your help

20 minutes ago, JEF GORIS said:

( I wanted to run before I could walk  (cfr ref Container Crane)

20 minutes ago, JEF GORIS said:

und besonders  Hermann,

Hello Jef, I had expected some comments, reactions or specific questions when I gave you the pdf about the container crane. But no reaction. You may always, even in P.M, in Dutch ask those questions. Understand, I want to help, but have the difficulty to know with what you 'r struggeling exactly. 

Dag Jef, ik had toen wel commentaar, reacties of speciale vragen verwacht van je na de opmaak van de pdf over de container kraan. Maar geen reactie. Je mag altijd, zelfs in P.M. in het nederlands vragen stellen. Ik wil wel helpen maar heb problemen te begrijpen waar je exact mee worstelt. 

Beste groeten, Herman 

Bearbeitet von Herman

Hey Hermann,

Sorry, my apologies, it wasn't one specific problem but EV in its entirety, and not only that, although you and others try to help me the problem is entirely with me I think.
I have been working with Blender for many years and there are many good and clear tutorials about it and also one
comprehensive handbook. With 3D MBS I don't think so
back, for example I have been looking for a good manual for several weeks
and/or good (full) tutorials on EV (specifically how to create keywords, use them, and how to create a list
and used. My apologies again with this.

Tut mir leid, es tut mir leid, es war kein spezifisches Problem, sondern EV in seiner Gesamtheit, und nicht nur das, auch wenn Sie und andere versuchen, mir zu helfen, liegt das Problem meiner Meinung nach ganz bei mir.
Ich arbeite seit vielen Jahren mit Blender und es gibt viele gute und anschauliche Tutorials dazu und auch eines
umfassendes Handbuch. Bei 3D MBS glaube ich nicht
zurück, zum Beispiel suche ich seit mehreren Wochen nach einem guten Handbuch
und/oder gute (vollständige) Tutorials zu EV (insbesondere wie man Schlüsselwörter erstellt, sie verwendet und wie man eine Liste erstellt).
und verwendet. Dafür möchte ich mich noch einmal entschuldigen.

Met vriendelijke groeten, JefSLAGBOMENOPEN.thumb.jpg.69d8d541cb1810980883c4fec5254fa9.jpg

list.jpg

59 minutes ago, JEF GORIS said:

Sorry, my apologies

Hello @JEF GORIS, no that's not needed at all. In MBS there is wiki where you can learn a lot, but there are ( by my knowledge ) no other manuals. 

But please understand, I have also to learn from your feedback.
I'm starting now a pdf with some  basics for keywords and lists. With some very small exercices for the user, let me please know  if it helps you, and if not why. I'll  make this pdf in English/Dutch.  
See you again after a short time, Herman

Groetjes,

Hello @Herman ,

I just read that you will start a pdf. To late for me. Because i started a description concerning crossings, the way from problem description, analysis to creation of variables and events. It is not finished and (sorry) in german. But perhaps such a description will help a new member to get an entry to event management. See attachment.

Schrankensteuerung.pdf

Hello @prinz , your attachment will be certainly usefull for some members. It is very detailled, but certainly not for starters or beginners.
My purpose was only to make a very basic description how users can start using a list. Since it is so basic I hope @Neo does not mind this in the forum. I hesitate to make other PDF's of this basic kind, are they wanted after all by some members ?
I did only want to help Jef.

@JEF GORIS , here is a start, it handles only basics for lists to use. Maybe another for keywords ? Take your time to look at it. But please after a while some feedback. 

Kind regards, Herman

Keyword - List part1.pdf for the moment only Lists are handled, this time in Dutch/English

Bearbeitet von Herman

Hey Herman, 

First I will thank you for the PDF FILE_ TUTORIAL. I did everything from page 1 to 10.

By the first exercise on page 11 (with the 5 cars) I made a list (Listcars) than I made

a new event. (Signal is changed 2) and than  "For items in a list. But I cant find, and I

dont know what to choose : Actions - Conditions - or Iterations. I dont see anywhere

how to let disapeare somtehing. Would you be so kind to help me further, please.

PS The last few days we have problems with the internet, somtimes it works and a little

later it doesn't.

Groetjes

JEF GORIS

5 cars.jpg

Hello @JEF GORIS , thanks for the reaction. (y)

Use "Action" "Extra" "Set visibility" , State Invisible.

onzichtbaar.thumb.jpg.2c46bb35668e0fe80cab2cda4bbbe761.jpg

I did not start yet with the second .PDF ( keywords ).  But it will surely come after a time.

• I wanted first your  reaction about this PDF. 
  • I'm finishing a layout I want to publish this weekend. ( I hope ). That goes first.
  • The PDF about keywords is more work. 

Groetjes, Herman

Bearbeitet von Herman

Just my 2p worth, but I have enjoyed figuring a lot of it out for myself, and the community is great for offering hints on things I can't get. I'm even starting to get the hang of some Lua code thanks to @Herman . Incidentally, Herman, why is your Transformation example layout not in the Tutorial Layouts section? It really should be!

I also discovered (the hard way) that this note

-- ATTENTION ATTENTION, do NOT use directly rotate(x,y,z,w) over a quaternion ! Exept if you are an expert in quaternion mathematics, I'm not  !
-- This use can have very nasty effects, so a direct use is only for developers and insiders;
-- HOWEVER in another example I will explain how you can use it safe
-- It is the rotation with the use of another object ( see red button )

is serious. I discovered what it does. It disables your ability to move the object at all.

I also figured a way to use  RotateZ to put the object at an exact angle rather than a relative one - use "ResetRotation()". This puts the object back so it's z angle is 0°, and the relative angle to zero is the exact angle!

So, yes, half the fun of this hobby is screaming and turning the air blue becaus the ********* thing ian't doing what you want and you have no idea why, closing it awearing you'll never open it again then half an hour later you're back in and suddenly spot that silly little mistake!

14 hours ago, simonjackson1964 said:

Herman, why is your Transformation example layout not in the Tutorial Layouts section? It really should be!

Hello @simonjackson1964 , I have not the correct authority to put something in the Tutorial Layout section.  Do you ? 

14 hours ago, simonjackson1964 said:

is serious. I discovered what it does. It disables your ability to move the object at all.

Yes, a corrupt quaternion can  have that nasty effect.

Kind regards, Herman

Bearbeitet von Herman

18 hours ago, JEF GORIS said:

I

dont know what to choose : Actions - Conditions - or Iterations. I dont see anywhere

and : " I wanted to run before I could walk "

Hello @JEF GORIS , some basics of programming with the graphical EV. It is necessary to understand them.

Event : something that happens.  Ex : a track contact is triggered , a signal is changed , a vehicle stops. 

To perform things when the event happens we use Actions , Conditions, Iterations
By combining this three elements in the EV we can almost program all you need on the train table.
( thanks to NEO, he converts it automaticly to a working programming language. )

In the EV the computer works  top down, when that action, condition or iteration is finished he goes to the following step.

Action : examples : change the signal  , start a vehicle with a certain speed ,  set a track switch in the correct position , make an object invisible/visible, play animations, defer execution a while, set a property or variable and so on .... 

In general it does a specific action.

Condition : examples Is the variable true ? ( boolean ) , Is a signal in a certain state ? , Is a vehicle on a certain track / track contact ? , Is a track switch in a certain state ? , and so on...

A condition tests if a condition is met or not met. And it let you perform actions, conditions, iterations that only work under the condition. 

condition.jpg.46cf92f76e75878714d66dd89292741b.jpg

When the condition is met, put the actions there ( above the division line ). ( or a new condition, or an iteration )
When the condition is not met, put the actions there ( below the division line ) ( or a new condition, or an iteration )

Beneath the big yellow line the condition is finished, we can place there new actions, conditions or iterations.

Iteration : examples ; For items in a list , For objects referencing a keyword, For objects linked to a target.

The iteration is a loop : we use "For items in a list" to explain. ( the name of the list is here DorfLanterne, a variable of Taste up )

Iterations.jpg.3f73f1b3d8ea79c5e998b61c5819bb23.jpg

The iteration starts with the action(s) in the inside body of the FOR.
This is  done for one object from the list. He calls that object @Iter.  (but you can give it a meaningfull name in stead of @Iter ).
When the action is performed. ( with one @Iter ) and the loop comes on the brown line , he jumps back to the FOR line to see if there are still objects to do.
If yes, he performs the actions with the next object from the list. If done the EV goes further after the big brown line with other actions, conditions or iterations, they have nothing to do anymore with the previous described FOR.

That is why an iteration is also called a loop, in this case ( the objects from the list ) he repeats over and over the actions with a new object from the list until he had done them all.

Of course the inner body of the FOR can contain actions, conditions and even other iterations.  

Dear Jef, only to give an idea how it works. Hope this can help a bit. In the beginning keep it as simple as possible. 

Groetjes, Herman, vragen ? doe maar hé. 

Bearbeitet von Herman
typo

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Hello simonjackson1964 , I have not the correct authority to put something in the Tutorial Layout section.  Do you ? 

Yes, a corrupt quaternion can  have that nasty effect.

Kind regards, Herman

Nope, but I notice that there are other notifications about this, so hopefully someone who does will have noticed?

Hello @JEF GORIS , but your excercice works.
But remember the lights on in MBS are animations. And animations work when the "play all animations" is on.
Hold the mouse pointer a while on that symbol. Read also P.M.

lanterns.thumb.jpg.3f32d33706e38d186be1552332f91c70.jpg

Kind regards, Herman 
OK ?

Bearbeitet von Herman

vor einer Stunde schrieb Herman:

Hello JEF GORIS , but your excercice works.
But remember the lights on in MBS are animations. And animations work when the "play all animations" is on.
Hold the mouse pointer a while on that symbol. Read also P.M.

lanterns.thumb.jpg.3f32d33706e38d186be1552332f91c70.jpg

Kind regards, Herman 
OK ?

Of course Herman, you are right as always. Mij thoughts were so by the learning that I forgot what I was doing. As I pushed on the play button the lights of the lanterns switched on. Is it normal that the stay on, independant from the "taste" ON or OFF. Vriendelijke groeten, Jef

Hello @JEF GORIS . When I made a paper to help you with the container crane, also some comments were given in Personal Message (P.M) to you.
But even after a time you did not read it, and so they were removed by me.

notreadyet.jpg.fedaf5a2b4db0181ef139eb877d58a7d.jpg

Sorry to say, do you have trouble to find where to read this message ? When a new personal message arrives there is a notification. Just click the envelop.

inbox.jpg.7c2c11d59a41d7e4450cb990b2e20950.jpg

Only to help. Please understand that I used this to give you a personal message in Dutch, so I did not have to disturb other members with that specific answer for you.

Kind regards, Herman

Hello @JEF GORIS , as long as you ask specific questions like this one, I will always try to help. ( and that's my only intend, I'll be happy if you are succesfull )
But in my paper  I want to force you to make the exercices, the only way to get further.  ( I know not a real manual, but a to do booklet ).

For other members : the question was why does the lights do not go out ( see first picture )

• You need to use the correct animation in stead of "All animations". (picture 1)
  • You cannot choose the correct animation for "Object Iteration".  (picture 1)
  • So start first with a single object that has the correct animation. And there you can just choose the correct animation. (picture 2)
  • Then change it to iteration. (picture 3)

Try it please.  
Kind regards, Herman

*** Addendum , also your green taste's list is empty. Copy it from the blue one, or use a module variable list for both.

JefGorisanimation01.jpg.5dcc58cc78fa61094f66aed7966ace52.jpg

JefGorisanimation02.jpg.a505bf738eef49b0ae7619c45bbfd0ea.jpg

JefGorisanimation03.jpg.8cfc207d83321a71360473bf61ddffd7.jpg

Bearbeitet von Herman
addendum

Hello @JEF GORIS
Hello members that should follow this. 
This "To Do document and excercises" above is for total beginners that want to use Lists
Here the excercices; I reworked them a little to be in accordance with the solutions. ( pdf in Dutch / English )

Excercices List.pdf

Here the solutions for those exercises. But try to make them also yourself.

List excercises.mbp

Kind regards to all, Herman