Using all Exchange textures files...

Empfohlene Beiträge

Good evening...

When a model is added to MBS, its Texture files are read. Colour, Metallic, Roughness and Emissive are all used, if present, by MBS. When a _Custom material is used, however, only the Colour file is read and used. I use the Emissive file for lighting windows at night, for instance; if I use an Exchange texture with different curtains, the corresponding Emissive file is ignored, and the windows are not displayed correctly. Would it be very difficult to have the other files read and used (if they are present, naturally...)..?
Thanks in advance for offering a solution; meanwhile...

Have a splendid day.

Guten Abend...

Wenn ein Modell zu MBS hinzugefügt wird, werden seine Texturdateien gelesen. Farbe, Metallisch, Rauheit und Emissiv werden, sofern vorhanden, von MBS verwendet. Bei Verwendung eines _Custom-Materials wird jedoch nur die Farbdatei gelesen und verwendet. Ich verwende die Emissive-Datei zum Beispiel zum Beleuchten von Fenstern bei Nacht; Wenn ich eine Exchange-Textur mit unterschiedlichen Vorhängen verwende, wird die entsprechende Emissive-Datei ignoriert und die Fenster werden nicht korrekt angezeigt. Wäre es sehr schwierig, die anderen Dateien lesen und verwenden zu lassen (sofern sie vorhanden sind, natürlich ...)?
Vielen Dank im Voraus für das Angebot einer Lösung. in der Zwischenzeit..

Ich wünsche Ihnen einen wunderschönen Tag.

Douglas

WrongEmissivetexture.thumb.jpg.5e46a2f72f2f1c4faa5f5a08ff17a04e.jpg

Further explanation...

I am making models of terraced shops, often seen on UK streets. I have one base model, with three variants (different windows...), which all use common Textures, made with Photoshop, for Colour, Metallic, Roughness and Emissive. With Photoshop, I use Layers to have different parts available, like a construction kit, to compose base Colour, Shop Front, the Curtains, Wall style, Roof style, and faded 'ghost' wall Posters. I can 'dial in' any combination, to give hundreds of different buildings, with either common features (all the same brickwork, for example...) or all different, simply by selecting the combination of Photoshop layers. This works well, and I have a stock of fifty or so different shop fronts.
These Textures could be used as '_Custom' Exchange textures, so that one model, with the three window variants, could have many different textures, by Exchange. This works well, too, except for the Emissive Texture, which remains constant, whatever Exchange Texture is imported. As I use the Emissive to light up the Shop Front and the curtained Windows, this can't work, as the Shop Front and Curtains will mix, badly, and the effect is lost.
A simple solution is to forego the use of Emissive, and use Exchange Textures with no night lighting. I think that a better solution could be to have Exchange Texture import to include Metallic, Roughness and Emissive files, if they are present. Without this, I have to create many variants (the model in the screenshot is only one Brick/Roof version, but already has twenty-four variants, to have eight shop fronts. Is the importing of all the Material files really impossible, or could it be implemented in a future version, please..?
Thanks in advance for a reply; meanwhile...

Have a wonderful day.

Weitere Erklärung...

Ich mache Modelle von Reihenhäusern, die oft auf britischen Straßen zu sehen sind. Ich habe ein Basismodell mit drei Varianten (verschiedene Fenster ...), die alle gemeinsame, mit Photoshop erstellte Texturen für Farbe, Metallisch, Rauheit und Emissiv verwenden. In Photoshop verwende ich Ebenen, um verschiedene Teile wie einen Bausatz zur Verfügung zu haben, um die Grundfarbe, die Ladenfront, die Vorhänge, den Wandstil, den Dachstil und verblasste „Geister“-Wandplakate zusammenzustellen. Ich kann jede Kombination „einwählen“, um Hunderte verschiedener Gebäude zu erstellen, entweder mit gemeinsamen Merkmalen (z. B. alle das gleiche Mauerwerk ...) oder mit völlig unterschiedlichen Merkmalen, indem ich einfach die Kombination der Photoshop-Ebenen auswähle. Das funktioniert gut, und ich habe einen Bestand von etwa fünfzig verschiedenen Ladenfronten.
Diese Texturen könnten als „_Custom“ Exchange-Texturen verwendet werden, sodass ein Modell mit den drei Fenstervarianten viele verschiedene Texturen per Exchange haben könnte. Dies funktioniert auch gut, mit Ausnahme der Emissive Texture, die unabhängig von der importierten Exchange Texture konstant bleibt. Da ich das Emissive verwende, um die Ladenfront und die mit Vorhängen versehenen Fenster zu beleuchten, kann dies nicht funktionieren, da sich die Ladenfront und die Vorhänge schlecht vermischen und der Effekt verloren geht.
Eine einfache Lösung besteht darin, auf die Verwendung von Emissive zu verzichten und Exchange Textures ohne Nachtbeleuchtung zu verwenden. Ich denke, dass eine bessere Lösung darin bestehen könnte, Exchange-Texturen zu importieren, um metallische, raue und emittierende Dateien einzubeziehen, sofern diese vorhanden sind. Ohne dies muss ich viele Varianten erstellen (das Modell im Screenshot ist nur eine Brick/Roof-Version, hat aber bereits vierundzwanzig Varianten, um acht Ladenfronten zu haben. Ist der Import aller Materialdateien wirklich unmöglich, oder könnte Bitte implementieren Sie es in einer zukünftigen Version.
Vielen Dank im Voraus für eine Antwort; in der Zwischenzeit...

Ich wünsche Ihnen einen wundervollen Tag.

Douglas

UK_Street_Day.thumb.jpg.602b9dc02f670d6fed5b6dc50efedd40.jpg

UK_Street_Night.thumb.jpg.3b61f3eb8fa2569f912be7e085c850bb.jpg

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Further explanation...

I am making models of terraced shops, often seen on UK streets. I have one base model, with three variants (different windows...), which all use common Textures, made with Photoshop, for Colour, Metallic, Roughness and Emissive. With Photoshop, I use Layers to have different parts available, like a construction kit, to compose base Colour, Shop Front, the Curtains, Wall style, Roof style, and faded 'ghost' wall Posters. I can 'dial in' any combination, to give hundreds of different buildings, with either common features (all the same brickwork, for example...) or all different, simply by selecting the combination of Photoshop layers. This works well, and I have a stock of fifty or so different shop fronts.
These Textures could be used as '_Custom' Exchange textures, so that one model, with the three window variants, could have many different textures, by Exchange. This works well, too, except for the Emissive Texture, which remains constant, whatever Exchange Texture is imported. As I use the Emissive to light up the Shop Front and the curtained Windows, this can't work, as the Shop Front and Curtains will mix, badly, and the effect is lost.
A simple solution is to forego the use of Emissive, and use Exchange Textures with no night lighting. I think that a better solution could be to have Exchange Texture import to include Metallic, Roughness and Emissive files, if they are present. Without this, I have to create many variants (the model in the screenshot is only one Brick/Roof version, but already has twenty-four variants, to have eight shop fronts. Is the importing of all the Material files really impossible, or could it be implemented in a future version, please..?
Thanks in advance for a reply; meanwhile...

Have a wonderful day.

Weitere Erklärung...

Ich mache Modelle von Reihenhäusern, die oft auf britischen Straßen zu sehen sind. Ich habe ein Basismodell mit drei Varianten (verschiedene Fenster ...), die alle gemeinsame, mit Photoshop erstellte Texturen für Farbe, Metallisch, Rauheit und Emissiv verwenden. In Photoshop verwende ich Ebenen, um verschiedene Teile wie einen Bausatz zur Verfügung zu haben, um die Grundfarbe, die Ladenfront, die Vorhänge, den Wandstil, den Dachstil und verblasste „Geister“-Wandplakate zusammenzustellen. Ich kann jede Kombination „einwählen“, um Hunderte verschiedener Gebäude zu erstellen, entweder mit gemeinsamen Merkmalen (z. B. alle das gleiche Mauerwerk ...) oder mit völlig unterschiedlichen Merkmalen, indem ich einfach die Kombination der Photoshop-Ebenen auswähle. Das funktioniert gut, und ich habe einen Bestand von etwa fünfzig verschiedenen Ladenfronten.
Diese Texturen könnten als „_Custom“ Exchange-Texturen verwendet werden, sodass ein Modell mit den drei Fenstervarianten viele verschiedene Texturen per Exchange haben könnte. Dies funktioniert auch gut, mit Ausnahme der Emissive Texture, die unabhängig von der importierten Exchange Texture konstant bleibt. Da ich das Emissive verwende, um die Ladenfront und die mit Vorhängen versehenen Fenster zu beleuchten, kann dies nicht funktionieren, da sich die Ladenfront und die Vorhänge schlecht vermischen und der Effekt verloren geht.
Eine einfache Lösung besteht darin, auf die Verwendung von Emissive zu verzichten und Exchange Textures ohne Nachtbeleuchtung zu verwenden. Ich denke, dass eine bessere Lösung darin bestehen könnte, Exchange-Texturen zu importieren, um metallische, raue und emittierende Dateien einzubeziehen, sofern diese vorhanden sind. Ohne dies muss ich viele Varianten erstellen (das Modell im Screenshot ist nur eine Brick/Roof-Version, hat aber bereits vierundzwanzig Varianten, um acht Ladenfronten zu haben. Ist der Import aller Materialdateien wirklich unmöglich, oder könnte Bitte implementieren Sie es in einer zukünftigen Version.
Vielen Dank im Voraus für eine Antwort; in der Zwischenzeit...

Ich wünsche Ihnen einen wundervollen Tag.

Douglas

UK_Street_Day.thumb.jpg.602b9dc02f670d6fed5b6dc50efedd40.jpg

UK_Street_Night.thumb.jpg.3b61f3eb8fa2569f912be7e085c850bb.jpg

Hi Douglas

Love the models, they look amazing, not so sure about the explanation though, that part is beyond me, you might as well be speaking mandarin!!

One question I do have, the answer to which is not apparent from the screenshot, do any of the doors open? If they do then I would be a very happy bunny, so to speak.

Cheers

Pete

8 minutes ago, 220hotwheels said:

Hi Douglas

Love the models, they look amazing, not so sure about the explanation though, that part is beyond me, you might as well be speaking mandarin!!

One question I do have, the answer to which is not apparent from the screenshot, do any of the doors open? If they do then I would be a very happy bunny, so to speak.

Cheers

Pete

Alas, Pete, it doesn't work that way. Here's a 'naked' shop...

Blank.thumb.jpg.b47af84226026fe2d64bfe4363ecff00.jpg

... and a 'dressed' one ...

Shop_1.thumb.jpg.4347ad20baa6e03452572443bc87a4a0.jpg

Now with another Texture, we see that there is no 'Door' in the model, all is illusion...

Shop_2.thumb.jpg.ad42efd71e0f248450c637b021f98c7b.jpg

Here we see what happens if the Emissive file is wrong (the shop front and windows are mashed together...)...

MixedEmissive.thumb.jpg.05fddc13ec8ff1655eec0588fbee9aac.jpg

Not good, eh..? No such problem if I forget about Emissive lighting, but it works so well, and costs MBS nothing..!

It's, of course, possible, and indeed easy, to have opening doors in any one model with a fixed shop front, or that have compatible Textures. Hope this explains things a little...

Douglas

37 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Alas, Pete, it doesn't work that way. Here's a 'naked' shop...

Blank.thumb.jpg.b47af84226026fe2d64bfe4363ecff00.jpg

... and a 'dressed' one ...

Shop_1.thumb.jpg.4347ad20baa6e03452572443bc87a4a0.jpg

Now with another Texture, we see that there is no 'Door' in the model, all is illusion...

Shop_2.thumb.jpg.ad42efd71e0f248450c637b021f98c7b.jpg

Here we see what happens if the Emissive file is wrong (the shop front and windows are mashed together...)...

MixedEmissive.thumb.jpg.05fddc13ec8ff1655eec0588fbee9aac.jpg

Not good, eh..? No such problem if I forget about Emissive lighting, but it works so well, and costs MBS nothing..!

It's, of course, possible, and indeed easy, to have opening doors in any one model with a fixed shop front, or that have compatible Textures. Hope this explains things a little...

Douglas

Thanks Douglas, yes it does, so for now all personnel will still have to be equipped with a Harry Potter wand so that they can enter and exit buildings at will. Not a problem, it all adds to the magic!!!

Cheer

Pete

14 minutes ago, 220hotwheels said:

Thanks Douglas, yes it does, so for now all personnel will still have to be equipped with a Harry Potter wand so that they can enter and exit buildings at will. Not a problem, it all adds to the magic!!!

Cheer

Pete

Pete...

If you're happy with having all deliveries 'round the back', I can easily give the rear door animation. Maybe even do a double door, as a variant...

Back_Door.thumb.jpg.f76018320c7757f8f654b51967bff3e0.jpg

38 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Pete...

Any good for you..?

Shop 9, round the back ...

One door, or both, may be selected. Yes, the door handle turns..!

Thanks Douglas, the tradesman's entrance will do just fine. The guys will still keep hold of their wands, just in case they need to make a quick entrance or exit through the front door though!!

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, 220hotwheels said:

Thanks Douglas, the tradesman's entrance will do just fine. The guys will still keep hold of their wands, just in case they need to make a quick entrance or exit through the front door though!!

Cheers

Pete

Shop N° 9, with its 24 variants and animated back door, is available as an 'mbe" file on my Google Drive, here ...

Shop Nr. 9 mit seinen 24 Varianten und animierter Hintertür ist als „mbe“-Datei auf meinem Google Drive verfügbar, hier ...

Shop_9_1_8 ...

Enjoy.

13 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Shop N° 9, with its 24 variants and animated back door, is available as an 'mbe" file on my Google Drive, here ...

Shop Nr. 9 mit seinen 24 Varianten und animierter Hintertür ist als „mbe“-Datei auf meinem Google Drive verfügbar, hier ...

Shop_9_1_8 ...

Enjoy.

Hi Douglas

Many thanks for that. I've now downloaded the file so can play about with finding a suitable location on my layout. Will you ever consider these for the catalogue or would it require more work than you are prepared to allocate. The same goes for the Flying Scotsman and the Mallard. For these to be included in the catalogue would it require your knowhow to sort out the running gear to fit the *.gift files that Hermann has? It's all just a thought. Personally I just enjoy using your models in my own layouts.

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, 220hotwheels said:

... Will you ever consider these for the catalogue ...

Any form that these shops take for inclusion in the Catalogue depends somewhat on any reply received concerning my request here. The difference between using, or not, Exchange Textures is considerable, and makes these, and any future models of the same type, more or less useful and interesting.
The locos are of a different nature, and their acceptance is more a matter of permissions from eventual copyright holders, over which I have little or no control. If anyone is able to obtain, or waive, these permissions, then there is no reason on my part to not share them. It's a simple matter that has complicated solutions, it would appear, and I'm rather too simple myself to undertake such work, even if I had the competence. The jury is out on that one, I'm afraid. Hoping this helps; meanwhile...

Have a splendid day.

Welche Form diese Shops für die Aufnahme in den Katalog annehmen, hängt in gewissem Maße von der Antwort ab, die ich auf meine Anfrage hier erhalten habe. Der Unterschied zwischen der Verwendung oder Nichtverwendung von Exchange-Texturen ist erheblich und macht diese und alle zukünftigen Modelle desselben Typs mehr oder weniger nützlich und interessant.
Die Lokomotiven sind anderer Natur und ihre Akzeptanz hängt eher von den Genehmigungen eventueller Urheberrechtsinhaber ab, über die ich kaum oder gar keine Kontrolle habe. Wenn jemand in der Lage ist, diese Berechtigungen einzuholen oder darauf zu verzichten, gibt es für mich keinen Grund, sie nicht weiterzugeben. Es scheint, dass es sich um eine einfache Angelegenheit handelt, für die es komplizierte Lösungen gibt, und ich bin selbst eher zu einfach, um eine solche Arbeit zu übernehmen, selbst wenn ich die nötige Kompetenz hätte. Ich fürchte, die Jury ist sich noch nicht sicher. Ich hoffe, das hilft; in der Zwischenzeit...

Ich wünsche Ihnen einen wunderschönen Tag.

Douglas