Testing Road Routes (they're new to me...)...

Empfohlene Beiträge

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Dad3353:

Now, with routes for cars, I'll have to establish a route for each one

That may change with the next version, Doug.
If I remember correctly, Neo said something about random traffic won't require any user input.

2 hours ago, Goetz said:

That may change with the next version, Doug...

Thanks for the 'heads up'. Meanwhile, here's what I've been playing with. An overall view of the layout (originally by Marcus Meier...)...

3StationenAnlage_Overall.thumb.jpg.be07e7ed4f2afe9b5ea3a62f8a74e5dc.jpg

The Town Centre, where I laid Virtual roads, as the originals were passive...

3StationenAnlage_Town_Centre.thumb.jpg.aac7704cad0d6a4feef1aeaebc3558a1.jpg

... and a junction, where the 'points' I made (in Blue...) were to distribute the traffic alternately, to split up the convoys that could build up...

3StationenAnlage_Junction.thumb.jpg.71af43eae64a15e5960f990c2069cfd1.jpg

It works, up to a fashion, but in the video below, we see the result of poor handling at the junction. Not catastrophic (it's all virtual, luckily..!); I will have to look again at that. I was hoping that Routes would enable me to do away with the Virtual roads and use the current roads; it would appear not. I'll carry on cogitating...

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Dad3353:

it would appear not.

I'm trying my best to help you understand road traffic better, Doug.
But when you hold on to that negative stance, it's not very motivating.
Gives me the feeling that it's all in vain, really.

Targets at strategic locations (not routes!) will allow you to lose the virtual tracks alltogether.

Bearbeitet von Goetz
spelling

4 minutes ago, Goetz said:

I'm trying my best to help you understand road traffic better, Doug.
But when you hold on to that negative stance, it's not very motivating.
Gives me the feeling that it's all in vain, really.

Targets at strategic locations (not routes!) will allow you to lose the virtual tracks alltogether.

No negative stance here; I'm just trying to do the best I can with the information I have. You are right, in that virtual roads are not what works best (and are painful to put in place at junctions...), but I just don't see, for the moment, how I can get a line of traffic to split into different directions, without having to give each car (or collection of cars...) some sort of instructions. All in vain..? Not at all; your advice has already saved me hours, maybe weeks, of fruitless trials and errors. I found the beginnings of a solution acceptable to me with 'points'; I'm just struggling to get some equivalent without them. Stubborn..? Yes, in that I still want to get a result. By what means..? Any that I can come to understand, and some of the fog of ignorance has already cleared. Do I yet have a mastered solution..? No, but I'm closer, thanks to your, and other, contributions. It may take me a while, of course, but negative is not in my vocabulary. Onward and upward..!

Douglas