Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi to all my fellow members

Whilst I realise that much has already been said on the subject of setting road routes I would appreciate clarification on one aspect.

Setting a road route using the gizmo in the speed control is very straight forward. If there are no additional junctions, for example splitting the road into two to send different vehicle through different portals, then setting the route either by this method, assuming it is a basic round trip route is simple. If there are additional junctions to cope with as per the above then that too is straight forward just so long as you have already pre-set these junctions to the correct setting for a through route. That said once that route has been applied any vehicles assigned to that route will automatically set the correct junction position when reached.

Now for my dilemma. If the route is not a round trip then it is necessary to program this route in the EV, see attached screenshot. In order to set this route it is necessary to ensure that any additional junctions are also set to the correct position for said route. So far all is well. However, if other vehicles have followed their own pre-set routes then the ones for the vehicle with the route set in the EV will not automatically set themselves from the start.

My question therefore is can this be remedied in the EV as a whole route or does it have to be split into sections with the start of each section setting the junctions for the next section etc.

I hope the above is clear enough

Kind regards

Pete

EV.jpg

The EV route.jpg

vor 28 Minuten schrieb 220hotwheels:

In order to set this route it is necessary to ensure that any additional junctions are also set to the correct position for said route.

Hello Pete,

The roads should have no switch points.
There shouldn't be anything which you could set to a correct position.

Just ensure that you have a sufficient number of waypoints. I recommend one contact behind each exit of all crossings or junctions.
Now you can write a list of waypoints to follow for any vehicle. More waypoints speed up the transfer of the list, because the denser grid results in fewer options at each junction, making path finding significantly faster.

Kind regards
Goetz

15 minutes ago, Goetz said:

Hello Pete,

The roads should have no switch points.
There shouldn't be anything which you could set to a correct position.

Just ensure that you have a sufficient number of waypoints. I recommend one contact behind each exit of all crossings or junctions.
Now you can write a list of waypoints to follow for any vehicle. More waypoints speed up the transfer of the list, because the denser grid results in fewer options at each junction, making path finding significantly faster.

Kind regards
Goetz

Thanks Goetz

I think I was already warming to that particular solution although it will mean making quite a number of changes at places where the road splits to sent vehicles through different portals to different destinations but with careful planning I am sure there are preformed road sections that can be made use of instead of the self created junctions.

Where the problem would arise is when there are road sections with laybys, for example at a station, I don't think there are pre set sections that are suitable so I might have to stay with my manually constructed junctions in order to cope so that taxis and buses can enter and exit independently. This, so far, has not presented an issue as every vehicle using such junctions is set on a round trip. I'll just have to make sure that any vehicle with its route set in my EV stays away from those particular road sections.

So, time to make some changes. Thanks once again

Kind regards

Pete