Empfohlene Beiträge

Liebe 3D-MBS ‘hot shots’ (pls forgive me my US keyboard),

Vor der Pandemie habe ich eine 13570-Komponente Anlage mit 3D-MBS V4 auf meinem Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad P52s gebaut. Seitdem war ich mit anderen Sachen beschaeftigt aber jetzt moechte ich weiter daran schaffen. So war mein erster Schritt, 3D-MBS V8.5 zu kaufen, auf den gleichen Laptop zu installieren, und die damalige Anlage zu importieren. Enttaeuschung: die Anlage laeuft immer noch prima unter V4 mit 30+ FPS aber V8.5 schafft nur 3 PFS!!... unbrauchbar. (NB: Eine neue leere Anlage laeuft unter V4 mit 60 FPS aber unter V8.5 immer noch mit nur 5 FPS.)

Ich habe alles mit der GPU kontrolliert und probiert + V8.5 LoD, shadowing, special effects, usw. aufs Minimum gesetzt aber das aendert nichts. Nach Suche durch das Forum habe ich nur einen 2022 Beitrag von Herman gefunden, der evtl. relevant sein koennte:

https://community.3d-modellbahn.de/forums/topic/7714-fps-rate/#comment-99316

Ist das wirklich das Problem?  Tut V8.5 wirklich Windows 11 erfordern?  Ist natuerlich moeglich aber dann brutal.

Besten Dank im Voraus fuer jeden Tipp.

Phil

Hi Phil,

MBS 8.5 requires at least Windows 10. An empty layout with only 5 FPS might be the result of problems with your GPU. Does you laptop has two different GPUs? What GPU name is shown in the graphics section of the MBS settings (both in V4 and V8.5)?

Kind regards,

Neo

It might also be worthwhile running a virus and malware scan on your computer, and checking to see what processes are running in the background. It doesn't matter how fast your graphics card is if 90% of your CPU time is taken running applications yu aren't using, or worse, don't want.

Hi Phil

I commiserate with your problem. I have always found it necessary to play catchup with the latest program/my computer performance, but I think Neo has a good point. Check to see which GPU you are using for MBS. My computer has 2. The first  GPU 0 is the Intel UHD, I don't use that for MBS. the second is GPU1 a Nvidia GeForce RTX4070 12GB and it is this one that I use for MBS. My computer also has 32GB of RAM. When running MBS I find that the graphics card fluctuates between 4% and 60% which gives me an fps range between 35 and 60, which is fine for the large layouts that I tend to work on. I also have 2 year old laptop with only 8GB of RAM and a much older NVidia GeForce graphics card. Both have Windows 11 but if I try to run my layouts on the laptop then performance is absolute rubbish in comparison.

The point I make is that the higher the spec of your computer the better it will run MBS.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Pete 

• 3 Monate später...

Having the exact same problem as Phil

Purchased a new computer this week, and achieve 16 FPS, my old computer was at 6 FPS.

If I run a smaller program from the examples, I get 60 FPS ... never more than my Monitor scan rate.

Would be satisfied with 25 to 30 FPS ( the eye is 33 FPS I'm told )

Checking the activity of the CPU and GUI, they are only working at 10 to 15% capacity at most.

Setting all options to lowest resolution or OFF, and selecting computer performance at High doesn't change 3DM performance at all.

System is:

MSI computer , Windows 11, DirectX 12

Intel i7 32 GB memory

Nvidia 4060 Ti with 8 GB on board

2 TB Drive

Any improvement would be greatly appreciated ....