Make/edit 3d Models .x file

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi All.

I'm new to this program and want to try making my own carriages, etc.  I have tried using Blender, but it appears it no longer supports the .x files that I believe I need to use. 

Can anybody suggest a good program for making and editing carriages and engines, etc? I am prepared to pay for the program.

Hi Richard,

I'm new to this program as well. I am currently making 3d models of some old Tyco train collection my grandfather gave me back in the 1970's. I have been able to use 3ds Max 7 and export as .3ds with success. You can use Sketchup 8 to export the models in .x format, but it has to be that version. I would really like learn how to animate my car and engine models, but all the tutorials I've found on this site are in German.

Good luck.

Hi Richard,

Zitat
vor 8 Stunden schrieb Richard T:

... but i,m really after something to import the .x files

... you are not the only one, looking for a program to import .x files... but (until now) we did not find any.

As far as I know the programs used to make models here are Sketchup 8 (but you can not make animated models with it), Blender (with a adapt .x exporter by Neo) and 3ds Max.

EASY

Hello,

it is true, that Sketchup doesn't support animations as part of a sketchup model. Nevertheless, you can realize animations for models, which have been constructed with Sketchup 8, by a little bit additional work by hand on the exported x-file. There is a detailed description here (sorry, only in German), how animation definitions can be added to the x-file, so that the desired animations can be executed in the 3D-TrainStudio.  

Many greetings
BahnLand

Hi Again

I am having a another problem

I am trying to use blender V 2.77

I am using the sample vehicle model that i found somewhere on the wiki site

I load the model, do not change the model in any way , i then export it as .3ds

I can then exit blender and restart it

I can then import the .3ds file and it look fine

However when i try to load it into 3d train studio, it gets screwed up

I have tried several models, save from blender , with the same results

I can save a very simple model and then load it into 3d train studio

I have the same results when exporting as .x files, but they often come up with loading errors as wall

3d train studio dose load example .x models fine

Any thoughts

• 2 Wochen später...

Hi,

... i don't know if this answers your question... but the texture size must be 2^x [pixel] (width and hight) i.e. 256x256, 1024x512, 64x256 and keep the texture as small as possible. With less details there is no need for a texture 1024x1024.

EASY

Bearbeitet von EASY

On 4/15/2016 at 3:02 AM, EASY said:

Hi,

... i don't know if this answers your question... but the texture size must be 2^x [pixel] (width and hight) i.e. 256x256, 1024x512, 64x256 and keep the texture as small as possible. With less details there is no need for a texture 1024x1024.

EASY

Oh I was referring to my texture names. The 3ds format I use requires the name to have 8 characters or less. (8.1 format)