Suggestions, Requests, Feedback

nikfincher

Empfohlene Beiträge

Can I suggest you have a thread group called...

Suggestions, Requests, Feedback.

And to start it can I request that locomotive properties include...

"Restore changed switches" (ie after unlocking and passing)

And maybe, but not so important to me...

"Reverse passed switches" 

Problem would be to distinguish between switches that need to be reset and those that should remain as they are.

Basically, setting the loco's parameters as well as the switch's parameters for resetting or toggeling would be as tedious (if not worse) as it is to define a simple EV event for "train leaves track" that responds to a train vacating the switch by setting it to the desired position. And that can be done today.

Two suggestions.

1. Station Labelling.

As far as I can see you cannot put signs with a station name chosen by yourself.

2. Underlay Import.

With some minor changes to the Mabstabs Tabelle model this should be possible. So that you can import a graphics file and build your layout on top. Then delete or hide when your layout is built. It would need some scaling/sizing capability. At the moment the mabstabs tabelle reshapes to the sign shape. If you could provide this tool it would address the issue of folk wanting to import layouts/plans built in other software.

Am ‎09‎.‎08‎.‎2016 um 13:48 schrieb nikfincher:

1. Station Labelling.

As far as I can see you cannot put signs with a station name chosen by yourself.

You can find a Textbox among the models (under "Extra" - "Labeling"), which can be filled with any text in a style of your choosing. The background colour is also modifiable or can be turned off.

You can place this Box anywhere in front of a building to cover an existing nameplate with your personal design. You can scale the box too for a perfect fit. You can even combine multiple boxes for different font sizes etc.

Underlay Import

choose the catalogues category Extra/Primitives and

• put an Ebene on your layout panel.
  • Resize the dimensions of Ebene to the dimensions which are given in the image of your underlay. (i.e 200 x 120 cm).
  • Set the graphic file as texture in the material properties, texture size = 100% (unchanged)
  • Choose transparency as you like or not.

The image will be scaled automatically to the size of Ebene no matter what the scaling was before. It even workes with screenshots

Regards,

Henry

Bearbeitet von Henry
spelling