Track Direction

trevor

Empfohlene Beiträge

So I see that the interface command 360 returns directionality of the rolling stock on a track, which is great... unfortunately, there is NO INDICATION in the track editor of the direction of the track.... So... for most us.. I am sure they are pointing in all kinds of directions.

It would be useful if, when selected, an arrow or some other indicator was shown in the view to tell you which way the track is actually pointing.

Maybe add a DOT or something to the track segments in the technical drawing.

Bearbeitet von trevor

vor 2 Stunden schrieb trevor:

unfortunately, there is NO INDICATION in the track editor of the direction of the track....

... except for the gismo

Track dir 1.JPG

and a texture with indication of the track's direction

Track dir 2.JPG

Hope that helps?

Bearbeitet von Goetz

1 minute ago, Goetz said:

It does indicate a single track's orientation.  X marks the spot ... beg you pardon ... the far end :-D

But not that of multiple elements.

I don't see it.. but the texture works great.... glad my layout isn't huge though.... ;)

vor 54 Minuten schrieb trevor:

I don't see it..

Sorry - my fault. I rotated the track element and didn't realize that the X-axis is always pointing East, regardless of that track's orientation. I was under the wrong impression that the gismo's orientation is relative to the related object. Which it isn't.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb trevor:

Any idea how to turn switch points around? The seem to be directed from the root end....

Looking at the switch's properties, it appears that you can't do that.

16 hours ago, EASY said:

Hi trevor,

... i wunder what you want do to with the track orintation:/...

Hi EASY, I'm writing a controller plug-in, and my issue is capturing the initial state of the layout on plug-in start-up. I can use 360 to figure out where everything is but directionality is also important ;) I guess I will need to add, and check for a variable on points that go the wrong way.... sigh

Screenshot_72.jpg

Bearbeitet von trevor

so you are really dealing with facing point vs trailing point switches.  MBS seems to be setup for facing point switches and you want some control or indication of trailing point switches.   the only use I can see for controlling a trailing point switch is to stop a train, uncouple a car, or derail a train.   Tell me more. 

8 minutes ago, Curt84328 said:

so you are really dealing with facing point vs trailing point switches.  MBS seems to be setup for facing point switches and you want some control or indication of trailing point switches.   the only use I can see for controlling a trailing point switch is to stop a train, uncouple a car, or derail a train.   Tell me more. 

It's not so much that Curt, it's not obvious from the track editor, but each track section has an inherent "direction". That feature is not really accessible from the application itself, but is from the plug-in interface. Other information like how far along a track an engine is can also be read from there. Obviously.. knowing which direction the track is vs the engine is required if you want to do some higher order functionality...

Bearbeitet von trevor