Improved adjust terrain feature.

trevor

Empfohlene Beiträge

I am not overly impressed with the way the current track bed works. It looks unnatural and toy like. Instead I turn it off and use the export/import height-map bitmap to add a slight texture to the terrain so the ballast undulates a little covering some of the ties and leaving others more exposed as seen in the image here. Then I use texturing to darken between the tracks.. 

However, that is a lot of work and there are issues adding texture to just where the tracks lie on the bitmap.

It would be nice to have the current adjust terrain feature augmented to effectively lay ballast according to a profile defined by a few user defined parameters as shown in the example below, potentially with the addition of a cross track texture.

Though I do realize that may be asking too much of the current minimum grid...

Screenshot_105.jpg

Screenshot_106.jpg

58 minutes ago, BahnLand said:

Hello Trevor,

which scale have you taken as basis fot these values? I assume, that it is "Z".

I assume furthermore, that you may realize this requirement by self with version 4 of TrainStudio, because you may there specify the track profile individually.

Many greetings
BahnLand

Yes those numbers I picked out of my head were for the smaller scales...

Good to know Version 4 includes better profiling, wondering if that includes a linear randomness factor though. ;)

Hi Trevor,

vor 1 Minute schrieb trevor:

Good to know Version 4 includes better profiling, wondering if that includes a linear randomness factor though.

Version 4 does not change the behavior of "Adjust terrain", but provides a mechanism for creating your own track geometry, so you can create tracks with custom profiles.

Kind regards,

Neo

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Hi Trevor,

Version 4 does not change the behavior of "Adjust terrain", but provides a mechanism for creating your own track geometry, so you can create tracks with custom profiles.

Kind regards,

Neo

AH.. i.c... That might be a better solution. Still some linear variation variables would be a nice add to that if you didn't already think of it.