Parking Spots

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello everybody,
Maybe sombody noticed something simular in going from V6 to V7.
In V6 I have a working parking spot. It does not work in V7.
Problem : when the autos leave the parking spot backwards they turn back into the parking. Why ? They reach the green track contact too soon in V7, in V6 it is fine.

Solution : move the green track contacts slightly backwards. Verify that an auto comes to the straight position before touching the green track contact. 
I did that verifying also in V6, but there the autos reach sooner the straight position. 

456585811_Parkingspot.thumb.jpg.1103c6a35a6650e030a3b851514c5aa1.jpg

Kind regards, Herman

If anyone is interested, here is the V6 version. BC17F424-575F-4535-8910-915943F01111 ( draft )

On 10/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, Herman said:

Hello everybody,
Maybe sombody noticed something simular in going from V6 to V7.
In V6 I have a working parking spot. It does not work in V7.
Problem : when the autos leave the parking spot backwards they turn back into the parking. Why ? They reach the green track contact too soon in V7, in V6 it is fine.

Solution : move the green track contacts slightly backwards. Verify that an auto comes to the straight position before touching the green track contact. 
I did that verifying also in V6, but there the autos reach sooner the straight position. 

456585811_Parkingspot.thumb.jpg.1103c6a35a6650e030a3b851514c5aa1.jpg

Kind regards, Herman

If anyone is interested, here is the V6 version. BC17F424-575F-4535-8910-915943F01111 ( draft )

Hi Herman

Only just picked up your post. I am not very good at explaining how things work but might I suggest you take a look at an item I posted earlier "reversing out of a parking bay". I think the answer that you are seeking might well lie in this item with the solution provided by @simonjackson1964with a comment by @Goetz. I now have the problem solved. My next dilemma is roundabout control. At the moment I have just too many very poor drivers who just don't want to give way. But that is a problem for another day.

Hope the above helps.

Kind regards

Pete 

13 hours ago, 220hotwheels said:

I suggest you take a look at an item I posted earlier

Hello @220hotwheels. Nice that you do remember me on that post. I will read it again, always looking to learn something. Thanks Pete.
I had already a solution for the V6 version to work in V7. But yesterday I managed to rework the same project in V7. Without switches in the parking spots, but directly with targets. In my parking spot ( also in V6) the cars will go in and out the parking randomly with respect for the other traffic.
The problem for the moment is that if I read to much in the forum, ( and since V7 there are a lot of interesting post here), the layout I'm currently working on, get to few attention.
Kind regards, Herman

Hi Herman

I do agree with you that there are lots of very interesting post especially with regard to V7. My personal; view, although I only have V4,5 and 6 as comparisons is that V7 is by far the most exiting. There's lots to get used to but ultimately once these new skills have been mastered, even to a degree, the scope for improvement to layouts from earlier versions is really exiting. Currently I am remodelling one that I started in V4, which remained unfinished, when I was just a raw beginner but with the help of friends on the forum I have been able to make such improvements. Roundabouts though still pose one of my items to solve at some point.

Kind regards

Pete