Upgrading a V5 layout to V7

Empfohlene Beiträge

hallo,

es ist einfach, jede Kreuzung in ein schaltbares Gleis zu verwandeln. Man muß jeder Spur der Kreuzung mit dem Gleiseditor eine Schaltposition zuweisen.

it is easy to turn any crossing into a switchable track. You have to assign a switch position to each track of the crossing with the track editor.
fam_2022_N00969.thumb.jpg.021e7c3751ec19da9f4988bacac0cae3.jpg
Switch position 0

fam_2022_N00968.thumb.jpg.a8db546529481fdb86415eb268b46d50.jpg
Switch  position 1

I have not tried out how the intersection behaves in the respective routes.

Ich habe nicht ausprobiert, wie sich die Kreuzung in den betreffenden Fahrstraßen verhält.

Henry

Hi Henry.

Thanks, but I already did exactly that and saved the results in my own catalogue, for all the crossings in the "Model Oriented, Standard Gauge" set.

It's also possible (but a little bit more complex) to turn a double or single slip into a crossing, by removing route 2 (and 3 if it's a double), and removing the corresponding switch positions.

The complicated bit was figuring out how to save them!

I have tested how they behave and they work exactly as they should: routes remain blocked until the last wagon is clear, then they select. This is why I think this should be done to all the crossings in the catalogue, because it is how the trains are supposed to behave prototypically.