Coordinate Variables Question?

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi trevor,

This is not possible at enent control.
I once made a Plugin "MBS-Drehen-EV" where you can rotate a objekt at evert control with a object variable.
You find it in 3D Train Studio -> "Plugins" -> "Simulation" -> "MBS-Drehen-EV" and in this forum here... 

EASY

Bearbeitet von EASY

1 hour ago, EASY said:

Hi trevor,

This is not possible at enent control.
I once made a Plugin "MBS-Drehen-EV" where you can rotate a objekt at evert control with a object variable.
You find it in 3D Train Studio -> "Plugins" -> "Simulation" -> "MBS-Drehen-EV" and in this forum here... 

EASY

Hello EASY,

Yes I saw that plug-in. I'm trying to avoid using simulation plug-ins though for portability reasons.
I can't imagine why the native properties like that are not all available as a variable.

Hi Trevor,

vor 37 Minuten schrieb trevor:

I can't imagine why the native properties like that are not all available as a variable.

you have to know that the event system is a quite old component and was initially not written to support any "programming like" features. In a future major version of 3D Train Studio, the event management will be totally rewritten with scripting-like support for accessing and modifying all object properties.

Kind regards,

Neo

13 hours ago, Neo said:

Hi Trevor,

you have to know that the event system is a quite old component and was initially not written to support any "programming like" features. In a future major version of 3D Train Studio, the event management will be totally rewritten with scripting-like support for accessing and modifying all object properties.

Kind regards,

Neo

Any idea how future "future" is Neo ? I mean, should I hold of on programming with the current EV and wait a month or two, or is this a long term thing?

Hi Trevor,

this is a long term thing. The next major version (coming in a few months) is focussed on improving the online catalog, a rewrite of the panels and supporting generic tracks with custom 3d models. After that, the event management have its turn.

Kind regards,

Neo

Yes, it is quite amazing for being as old as it is/  I find myself rewriting sections to make the main routine less congested and turning sections off and on.   I found a way to make stops at signals a common event for all trains, but it involves having very short segments of track (10 mm) and stopping all trains so that global variables do not get overwritten before they are used.  I'm getting close to having the second level of a 4 level layout done.  Of course, 3 and 4 are 25 ft x 25 feet where 2 was only 5 ft by 16 ft and 3 and 4 have at least 5 times the landscaping.

• 5 Monate später...
On 29/09/2016 at 9:22 PM, trevor said:

Still pretty amazing what you can make the current EV do though.. if u know what you are doing :)

Test_22.mbp

Hi Trevor,

I downloaded the file and loaded it.  Trains ran, for a short time, and then one train ran into the back of another, pushed it for some distance and stopped for good.  Do you have to interact with the system at the Control Panel?

I have tried to understand your system from the EV, without very much success.  The "triggers" particularly I do not understand.

I read the Wikis on EV and Variables and find no examples (that I Understand) of using variables,

I have a very limited experience of Visual Basic, from which it seams to me, that variables are sometimes used as Properties in 3D TS.

Can you give me an idea of "the system" you have "programmed" in the EV.

Is there any more detailed documentation of Variables in 3D TS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would you have a layout with a more basic use of variables?

Richard       (3D TS Newbie).