Airport passenger gangway

Empfohlene Beiträge

@opax

Hi Rolf

I have had to move our conversation into the general forum in order to attach the promised screenshots. I hope you find them interesting.

Well I have your passenger gangway system working beautifully now, albeit on just 2 planes at the moment, so attached are a couple of screenshots for you to take a look at.  

The layout is called Trenton. It's only about 60% complete. I've attach a few extra screenshots to give you an overall idea of the layout. I hope you find them interesting

Cheers 

Pete

Hallo Rolf

Ich musste unsere Konversation in das allgemeine Forum verlegen, um die versprochenen Screenshots anzuhängen. Ich hoffe, Sie finden sie interessant.

Nun, ich habe Ihr Passagier-Gangway-System jetzt wunderbar funktionieren, wenn auch im Moment nur in 2 Flugzeugen, also sind ein paar Screenshots beigefügt, die Sie sich ansehen können.

Das Layout heißt Trenton. Es ist nur zu etwa 60 % fertig. Ich habe ein paar zusätzliche Screenshots beigefügt, um Ihnen eine allgemeine Vorstellung vom Layout zu geben. Ich hoffe, Sie finden sie interessant.

Prost

Pete

Trenton Airport 01.jpg

Trenton Airport 02.jpg

Trenton Airport 03.jpg

Trenton Freight Depot.jpg

Trenton Town 01.jpg

Trenton Town 02.jpg

Trenton Town 04.jpg

Trenton Airport 01.jpg

Trenton Airport 02.jpg

Moin, 220hotweheels

Hallo Pete, sieht super aus (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) die Fluggastbrücke hast du toll erweitert, gefällt mir. Bin schon sehr gespannt die Anlage Katalog zu finden.

Hätte gerne ein Ticket für einen Flug nach Scham El-Scheich.

Gruß Rolf

On 8/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, 220hotwheels said:

opax

Hi Rolf

I have had to move our conversation into the general forum in order to attach the promised screenshots. I hope you find them interesting.

Well I have your passenger gangway system working beautifully now, albeit on just 2 planes at the moment, so attached are a couple of screenshots for you to take a look at.  

The layout is called Trenton. It's only about 60% complete. I've attach a few extra screenshots to give you an overall idea of the layout. I hope you find them interesting

Cheers 

Pete

Hallo Rolf

Ich musste unsere Konversation in das allgemeine Forum verlegen, um die versprochenen Screenshots anzuhängen. Ich hoffe, Sie finden sie interessant.

Nun, ich habe Ihr Passagier-Gangway-System jetzt wunderbar funktionieren, wenn auch im Moment nur in 2 Flugzeugen, also sind ein paar Screenshots beigefügt, die Sie sich ansehen können.

Das Layout heißt Trenton. Es ist nur zu etwa 60 % fertig. Ich habe ein paar zusätzliche Screenshots beigefügt, um Ihnen eine allgemeine Vorstellung vom Layout zu geben. Ich hoffe, Sie finden sie interessant.

Prost

Pete

Trenton Airport 01.jpg

Trenton Airport 02.jpg

Trenton Airport 03.jpg

Trenton Freight Depot.jpg

Trenton Town 01.jpg

Trenton Town 02.jpg

Trenton Town 04.jpg

Trenton Airport 01.jpg

Trenton Airport 02.jpg

1 hour ago, opax said:

Moin, 220hotweheels

Hallo Pete, sieht super aus (and)(and)(and)(and)(and) die Fluggastbrücke hast du toll erweitert, gefällt mir. Bin schon sehr gespannt die Anlage Katalog zu finden.

Hätte gerne ein Ticket für einen Flug nach Scham El-Scheich.

Gruß Rolf

Hallo Rolf

Schön, dass Ihnen das Layout bisher gefallen hat. Leider müssen Sie darauf hinweisen, dass nur Flüge innerhalb Europas verfügbar sind und Sie äußerst klein sein müssen, um diese zu erwischen. Seit ich Ihnen die Screenshots geschickt habe, war ich damit beschäftigt, Änderungen vorzunehmen, es gibt jetzt 5 Flüge, die die Passagiergangway haben, und jeder hat jetzt Passagiere, die während der Ausschiffung und später bei der Einschiffung erscheinen. Während ich das geklärt habe, muss ich sagen, dass ich sehr beeindruckt war von Ihrer Fähigkeit, all die verschiedenen Komponenten zu finden und zusammenzubauen, um diese Passagierstege zu schaffen. Es braucht mehr als nur ein wenig Fantasie, um jede Komponente zu finden und auszuwählen, um ein so großartiges Endprodukt zu schaffen. Ich ziehe meinen Hut vor euch!!

Das einzige andere Element, von dem ich auf meinem Layout etwas enttäuscht bin, ist die Möglichkeit, Rollweglinien in Gelb zu erstellen. Ich stelle fest, dass Ihre alle gerade Linien sind, was in Ordnung ist, ich kann sehen, wie ich diese erreichen kann, aber meine müssen gekrümmt sein, da mein Flughafen ziemlich verdichtet ist, also muss ich die Straßenmarkierungen verwenden, die natürlich nur weiß sind, ich habe noch keinen anderen Artikel im Katalog gefunden, der angemessen wäre. Ein weiteres Detail, das mir bisher entgangen ist, ist, dass das Gepäck die Rolltreppe des Gepäckwagens hinauffährt. Es ist kein Problem, die Rolltreppe in Bewegung zu setzen, aber bisher habe ich nicht herausgefunden, wie ich die verschiedenen Gegenstände nach oben und in das Flugzeug bringen kann. Ein bisschen mehr Kopfkratzen ist erforderlich, denke ich, wenn es überhaupt möglich sein wird.

Prost

Pete

Hello @220hotwheels!

Maybe the "Tracks" (straight or curved) will job as Workarround for you? I have marked the components with the blue arrows. They are as a Typ "Spline" declared, so you can bend them, length them or crop them. You can of course also scale the components. The color "yellow" (in German: "Gelb") can also be selected as a variation, I have marked it for you with the yellow arrow.

image.thumb.jpeg.31ee766145ab1caf03d73c23630bdb57.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Cafépause said:

Hello 220hotwheels!

Maybe the "Tracks" (straight or curved) will job as Workarround for you? I have marked the components with the blue arrows. They are as a Typ "Spline" declared, so you can bend them, length them or crop them. You can of course also scale the components. The color "yellow" (in German: "Gelb") can also be selected as a variation, I have marked it for you with the yellow arrow.

image.thumb.jpeg.31ee766145ab1caf03d73c23630bdb57.jpeg

Hi Cafepause

Many thanks for your suggestion. I hadn't considered a length of virtual track but having tried it I can see your point. My main concern is that it is round and therefore in order to get a reasonable visual effect it is necessary to push the size up quite a bit, possible 5 or more and then bury much of it in the ground. So far I have tried 3 but it's not enough, even after burying much of it I am still left with quite a curved surface, so I'll keep experimenting and see what size proves ti be best. I'll let you know.

Cheers

Pete

33 minutes ago, 220hotwheels said:

Hi Cafepause

Many thanks for your suggestion. I hadn't considered a length of virtual track but having tried it I can see your point. My main concern is that it is round and therefore in order to get a reasonable visual effect it is necessary to push the size up quite a bit, possible 5 or more and then bury much of it in the ground. So far I have tried 3 but it's not enough, even after burying much of it I am still left with quite a curved surface, so I'll keep experimenting and see what size proves ti be best. I'll let you know.

Cheers

Pete

After a bit of trial and error I think that increasing to size 10 and then burying most of it into the ground is giving the best result. An acceptable width to the yellow line with the most acceptable hump caused by the curvature of the track, so many thanks for your suggestion. I'll implement it onto the rest of the airport layout which will give a bit more realism.

Cheers

Pete

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Cafépause:

Maybe the "Tracks" (straight or curved) will job as Workarround for you?

These virtual tracks are visible only in the planning mode. They turn invisible, when you switch to Simulation mode.
That makes them less suitable for the purpose.

Unfortunately, the Markings from @Roter Brummer are all white. Other than that they'd have all the required properties.

1 hour ago, Cafépause said:

A nice sideeffect: You can let vehicles follow the splines. Furthermore, you can equip the splines with stop,- brake,- or even acceleration contacts.

This may make your airport apron a little more "lively".

Lively would certainly be the case. Unfortunately, unless I am overlooking something I need to use this effect in "3D model only" mode, otherwise it simply drops back to size 1 as soon as it gets near all other tracks and makes a real mess, so it would seem that my best bet is to use it as an overlay only as I was doing with the road markings, the tricky bit is making the right calculations so that it lays over the actual track properly. Unfortunately simply dividing the actual track specs by 10 doesn't work so it's quite a long winded job, but I'm getting there slowly. I'll send you a screenshot once I have something to show.

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Goetz said:

These virtual tracks are visible only in the planning mode. They turn invisible, when you switch to Simulation mode.
That makes them less suitable for the purpose.

Unfortunately, the Markings from Roter Brummer are all white. Other than that they'd have all the required properties.

Hi Goetz

Well that wasn't something that I had thought about, although I tend not to use simulation mode much, the blurry background plays havoc with my ageing eyesight, only if I am testing a crane movement do I use this mode and then get back out again as quickly as possible. I'm sending a screenshot to @cafe break to show the effect so far but I would really like to have much smoother curves than I have at the moment. Perhaps I might have to forego greater realism for now until there is an option to colour the road markings. Something for me to sleep on tonight!!!

Pete

2 hours ago, Cafépause said:

A nice sideeffect: You can let vehicles follow the splines. Furthermore, you can equip the splines with stop,- brake,- or even acceleration contacts.

1 hour ago, 220hotwheels said:

Lively would certainly be the case. Unfortunately, unless I am overlooking something I need to use this effect in "3D model only" mode, otherwise it simply drops back to size 1 as soon as it gets near all other tracks and makes a real mess, so it would seem that my best bet is to use it as an overlay only as I was doing with the road markings, the tricky bit is making the right calculations so that it lays over the actual track properly. Unfortunately simply dividing the actual track specs by 10 doesn't work so it's quite a long winded job, but I'm getting there slowly. I'll send you a screenshot once I have something to show.

Cheers

Pete

Attached is a screenshot of my efforts thus far. Not a bad look although the curves are a bit bumpy. I've only recently picked up the comments Goetz has made about the virtual track turning invisible in simulation mode but as I mentioned to him it's not often I delve into such dark corners!!!! No doubt plenty to ponder on before I decide to make any more modifications.

Cheers

Pete

Taxiway Bay markings for aircraft.jpg

Hi Goetz

Just a thought, but as a possible alternative to the virtual tracks, there is a flexible wall with customisable functions for texture. However, there is nothing in the catalogue that would be suitable other than a rapeseed field, but that is not really good. Is there anyway for me to import a coloured texture, via the import from file option and if so how do I go about this please. I've attached a screenshot to show the effect. The wall has been reduced down to 0.2

Pete

sample taxiway bay markings.jpg

4 hours ago, Cafépause said:

Well bit might be a bit unorthodox but I have solved my problem by using the wall section along with a colour yellow file that I created in 3Dpaint and saved as a png file, screenshot attached which I think looks much better and it lies flat to the ground.

Pete

Attempt 3 at my taxiway bay markings.jpg

Moin, 220hotweheels

Hallo Pete

Hallo Pete, du musst Virtuelle Gleise auf die Fahrzeuge legen und sie mit den Fahrzeugen Verknüpfen, auf dem Förderband Dummys setzen und mit Gepäck mit den Dummys verknüpfen, der Paletten Wagen hat einen Einrastpunkt für einen Kontaktpunkt darauf ein Virtuelles Gleis legen und mit dem Kontaktpunkt Verknüpfen dann kannst hoch und runter fahren, die Fluggasttreppe ist keine Rolltreppe, zum rauf und runter gehen der Menschen hab ich mit Portale gearbeitet. Schau dir mal auf meiner Anlage " Grünland " die Treppe vom Passagierschiff an.   Viele Grüße  Rolf

vorschlag.JPG

Treppe.JPG

Hi Rolf

What a brilliant solution, of course I am aware of each of the various components and their use but true to form I just didn't consider putting them together in order to create an answer to my problem. Hmmm, I'll take it as an age thing rather than anything else!! But note to self, think more outside the box in order to solve a problem.

I'll definitely apply this suggestion to Trenton as well as trying to get to grip more with variables and route planning as has been recommended to me in earlier forum conversations. Oh, what a busy bee I am going to be!!

As a final passing comment, I wonder whether you can throw any light on this somewhat irritating problem that has suddenly appeared when trying to reply to messages in the forum.

I begin typing and at some point along either the first or second line the curser simply jumps back to the beginning of that line. No matter what I do I don't seem to be able to solve this little irritation other that type everything in Word and then copy and paste it back into the reply box in the forum. I am unaware of having done anything differently myself but who knows!!

Cheers

Pete

Hallo Rolf

Was für eine brillante Lösung, natürlich bin ich mir der verschiedenen Komponenten und ihrer Verwendung bewusst, aber wie es sich gehört, habe ich einfach nicht daran gedacht, sie zusammenzusetzen, um eine Antwort auf mein Problem zu finden. Hmmm, ich nehme es eher als eine Sache des Alters als irgendetwas anderes!! Aber notieren Sie sich selbst: Denken Sie mehr über den Tellerrand hinaus, um ein Problem zu lösen.

Ich werde diesen Vorschlag auf jeden Fall auf Trenton anwenden und versuchen, mich mehr mit Variablen und Routenplanung auseinanderzusetzen, wie es mir in früheren Forengesprächen empfohlen wurde. Oh, was für eine fleißige Biene ich sein werde!!

Als letzten Kommentar frage ich mich, ob Sie dieses etwas irritierende Problem beleuchten können, das plötzlich beim Versuch, auf Nachrichten im Forum zu antworten, aufgetreten ist.

Ich fange an zu tippen und irgendwann springt der Cursor entweder in der ersten oder zweiten Zeile einfach zum Anfang dieser Zeile zurück. Egal, was ich tue, ich scheine nicht in der Lage zu sein, dieses kleine Ärgernis zu lösen, außer dass ich alles in Word eintippe und es dann kopiere und wieder in das Antwortfeld im Forum einfüge. Mir ist nicht bewusst, dass ich selbst etwas anders gemacht habe, aber wer weiß!!

Prost

Pete

3 hours ago, opax said:

Hallo pete,

I don't know what to do, ask Neo.

Greetings Rolf

Hallo Rolf

Kein Problem, danke trotzdem. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es sich um eine Anomalie im Programm handelt oder nur um etwas, das ich versehentlich erwischt habe und das dieses Problem verursacht. Beim Senden dieser Antwort hatte ich keine Probleme damit, dass der Cursor an den Anfang der Zeile zurücksprang, was ein Grund ist, warum ich absichtlich darauf geachtet habe, dass ich es geschafft habe, zwei Textzeilen zu vervollständigen, nur um es zu testen. Na ja, vielleicht ist es nur ein weiterer kleiner Gremlin, der beschlossen hat, aufzuwachen und jetzt wieder eingeschlafen ist.

Prost

Pete

Hi Rolf

No problem, thanks anyway. I'm not sure if it's an anomaly in the program or just something I accidentally caught that is causing this problem. When sending this answer, I had no problems with the cursor jumping back to the beginning of the line, which is one reason why I intentionally made sure that I managed to complete two lines of text just to test it out. Well, maybe it's just another little Gremlin who decided to wake up and has now fallen asleep again.

Cheers

Pete

• 2 Wochen später...
On 8/31/2023 at 5:39 PM, 220hotwheels said:

Hallo Rolf

Kein Problem, danke trotzdem. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es sich um eine Anomalie im Programm handelt oder nur um etwas, das ich versehentlich erwischt habe und das dieses Problem verursacht. Beim Senden dieser Antwort hatte ich keine Probleme damit, dass der Cursor an den Anfang der Zeile zurücksprang, was ein Grund ist, warum ich absichtlich darauf geachtet habe, dass ich es geschafft habe, zwei Textzeilen zu vervollständigen, nur um es zu testen. Na ja, vielleicht ist es nur ein weiterer kleiner Gremlin, der beschlossen hat, aufzuwachen und jetzt wieder eingeschlafen ist.

Prost

Pete

Hi Rolf

No problem, thanks anyway. I'm not sure if it's an anomaly in the program or just something I accidentally caught that is causing this problem. When sending this answer, I had no problems with the cursor jumping back to the beginning of the line, which is one reason why I intentionally made sure that I managed to complete two lines of text just to test it out. Well, maybe it's just another little Gremlin who decided to wake up and has now fallen asleep again.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Rolf

I would be very grateful if you would kindly take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I'm doing wrong. Everything works fine until the point where I have to stop the luggage engines. I've tried many different combinations, including the opposite of starting them, but nothing seems to work. Obviously, there's something I'm missing, but what it is, I just can't see. Once I can solve this little puzzle, I will feel that I have a fairly acceptable baggage handling, although a little fine-tuning is necessary to achieve perfection, but that I can sort without any problems.

Here's hoping!!

Best wishes

Pete

Hallo Rolf

Ich wäre Ihnen sehr dankbar, wenn Sie sich freundlicherweise die beigefügten Screenshots ansehen und mir mitteilen würden, was ich falsch mache. Alles funktioniert einwandfrei bis zu dem Punkt, an dem ich die Gepäckmotoren stoppen muss. Ich habe viele verschiedene Kombinationen ausprobiert, einschließlich des Gegenteils davon, sie überhaupt zu starten, aber nichts scheint zu funktionieren. Offensichtlich gibt es etwas, das ich übersehe, aber was es ist, kann ich einfach nicht sehen. Sobald ich dieses kleine Rätsel lösen kann, werde ich das Gefühl haben, dass ich eine ziemlich akzeptable Gepäckabfertigung habe, obwohl ein wenig Feinabstimmung notwendig ist, um Perfektion zu erreichen, aber dass ich problemlos sortieren kann.

Hoffen wir!!

Herzliche Grüße

Pete

baggage conveyor motors.jpg

baggage conveyor problem 01.jpg

baggage conveyor problem.jpg

You don't understand Iterations, Pete.

The sole purpose of using an iteration is to spare you the tediousness of writing a separate command for each item.
Every item is pulled from the group, get's the temporary name "iter" and is affected by the same command inside the loop, one after the other:

iterationluggagemotor.thumb.jpg.91857ba2a8b2df182821220c9a1975f4.jpg

Strangely enough you got it right for the visibility, though that iteration shouldn't be inside the other one for the motors. But that's the case in your first example, where you set the speed to 2 km/h
For each item with the keyword "luggage motor", you set the speed of five SX1 vehicles and turn all items with the keyword EJ luggage invisible.
Again and again and again, until no more item with the keyword "luggage motor" can be found. That's quite a mess!

kind regards
Goetz

Bearbeitet von Goetz
additional remarks

15 minutes ago, Goetz said:

You don't understand Iterations, Pete.

The sole purpose of using an iteration is to spare you the tediousness of writing a separate command for each item.
Every item is pulled from the group, get's the temporary name "iter" and is affected by the same command inside the loop, one after the other:

iterationluggagemotor.thumb.jpg.91857ba2a8b2df182821220c9a1975f4.jpg

Strangely enough you got it right for the visibility, though that iteration shouldn't be inside the other one for the motors. But that's the case in your first example, where you set the speed to 2 km/h
For each item with the keyword "luggage motor", you set the speed of five SX1 vehicles and turn all items with the keyword EJ luggage invisible.
Again and again and again, until no more item with the keyword "luggage motor" can be found. That's quite a mess!

kind regards
Goetz

Hi Goetz

Well making a mess is my middle name!!!. In order to try to solve a problem I try to throw everything at it and then try to fine tune. In one of my attempts I had tried something similar to your screenshot above, not quite the same, which is no doubt why it didn't work. 

I'll re-evaluate the mess I have created along the lines you have described above, it will have to be tomorrow now as I have visitors due anytime, but I'll get back to you once I have experimented and let you know how I have got on. Oh for a comprehensive manual!!!!!

Cheers

Pete

13 hours ago, 220hotwheels said:

Hi Goetz

Well making a mess is my middle name!!!. In order to try to solve a problem I try to throw everything at it and then try to fine tune. In one of my attempts I had tried something similar to your screenshot above, not quite the same, which is no doubt why it didn't work. 

I'll re-evaluate the mess I have created along the lines you have described above, it will have to be tomorrow now as I have visitors due anytime, but I'll get back to you once I have experimented and let you know how I have got on. Oh for a comprehensive manual!!!!!

Cheers

Pete

Good morning Goetz

Thank you once again for pointing out the errors of my ways. Having followed your advice I now have a much improved, and less messy, EV and it all works just fine. Now for a little fine tuning to improve upon the visual effect.

The learning curve continues, I now feel I have more of a grip on "iterations". My next goal will be to do the same with "routes" instead of simply relying upon setting switches via my EV. I've looked at, what I believe is your video on the subject, but alas as it is in German I am struggling to make sufficient sense of it in order to perfect my ability. As you have probably noted several other members have offered their advice too, and I am working through this but it is, for me at any rate, quite a slow process, but like the tortoise I'll get there in the end.

Kind regards

Pete