Hornby and Bachman track

Empfohlene Beiträge

I would like to make a request for Hornby and Bachman track to be added.

Especially the crossings R614 and R615.

Most other track can be substituted from PECO, but not these.

Does anyone know if I can substitute these from other tracks?

Sorry, I see I put this in wrong thread, but dont know how to move.

Bearbeitet von nikfincher

Hi nikfincher,

I have setup the Hornby H0(=00) tracksystem. Neo must release the tracks in the catalogue.

Hornby H0 code 100.jpg

Please report track mismatches.

Regards, Henry

P.S. I will check the Peco code 100 system soon.

Bearbeitet von Henry

Hallo Vermanus,

Zitat

... R8077/R8078 ein Gleisabstand von 67mm bei einer Abspreizwinkel von 11,25° erreicht werden soll ...

ja, was ist, wenn das garnicht so vorgesehen ist ?

Bevor wir nun anfangen zu spekulieren, hätte ich gerne einen Gleisplan mit den genannten Weichen. Es läßt sich zwar vieles hinrechnen, jedoch sollten die Angaben des Herstellers nicht unbeachtet bleiben und müssen immer im Gesamtzusammenhang betrachtet werden. Im Moment verwende ich für die Weichen R8077/R8078 die Maße, die in anderen Planungsprogrammen gleichlautend mit dem Hersteller angegeben werden. Die müssen auch nicht richtig sein --- also ist Vorsicht bei voreiliger Änderung geboten !

Ausserdem ist nicht geklärt, unter welchen Umständen das Gleis R610 verwendet wird. Auch hier fehlt ein verbindliches Beispiel, auf das ich mich beziehen könnte.

HG, Henry

There seems to be a big problem with the crossings R614 and R615.

And a smaller problem with the switches R612 & R613 (and/or R8072 and R8073. Havent figured the difference between these pairs)

I have laid out a large quadrangular layout (40xR600 per side. And four-tracks abreast.)

When the 4 tracks are connected just by switches, there are some slightly offset joins. But trains can pass over them.

When the 4 tracks are connected by crossings and switches, trains cannot pass the offset joins.

crossings-joins.png

Thanks for the report,

it is possible that the original dimensions were given in "inch" and reported in "mm". I will try out the (rounding?) differences. I guess, that the basic length ist 167,5 mm instead of 168 mm because the double length is 335 mm

X918 is part of the turntable, the length was reduced to 30mm instead of 83,5mm because 53,5 mm are included in the 3DMTS turntables dimension.

regards, Henry

Hallo Henry,

2xR610 + 1xR618 ergibt ungefähr die Länge R8077/R8078. Mit meinen Werten lässt sich so ein perfektes Gleisbild auflegen. Im übrigen habe ich auch von anderen Planungsprogrammen Gleisangaben für Kleinbahn gefunden. Die waren aber gerade speziell bei den Weichen und Kreuzungen zu ungenau bzw. falsch und daher nicht zu gebrauchen.

VGaÖVhornby8077.jpg

Hi Henry,

see this link for details and detailed pics of hornby track

note that the straights are merely lip-service to quarter, standard etc. measurements are different. 38,168, 335, 670

http://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/Model Railway/Track.htm

R610 Quarter straight (38mm) 38
R600 Standard Straight   (168mm) 168
R601 Double Straight      (335mm) 335
R603 Long Straight (670mm) 670

Hope this helps.

the pics should help for crossings and switches.

Bearbeitet von nikfincher

Hello, I think the real lengths are different to the described lengths. Example: Standard Straight = 168mm, Quarter straigth = 38 (instead of 42mm) ??? So I would like to know the exact real length of the standard straight track - and from this we can calculate the rest tracks. Regards, Vermanus.

Hi Henry & Vermanus,

Are the switches and crossings being fixed?

Below is another demo of problem.

2 switches and 1 crossing stop trains passing at end of quadruple run of straight.

2 other things.

a. on this picture you will see it says update failed, click here.

when i do so it takes me to the download page forif you newly get the software. Is this correct? my computer tells me I have already downloaded.

b. Can I request the Hornby track R636 double level crossing. even if only displaying track. The reason is that this piece is very useful for setting the 'correct' width, 67mm, between straights. to match up with the correct width, 67mm. between different radius curves.

Thx

Nik

Big4-1936-by-NikFincher05-part02.png