Automatic to free track

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello model rail friends,
My name is Ger and I am from Holland.

I really love this program for many years now.

I have been busy for weeks now to get something done that if there are several trains, they will be back to a free track.
This work fine with one, but not when I release more trains.

in version V3 and V4 their was a nice sample.

I relay hoop that someone can help me to make a sample.

I added my example.

Thanks for the help.
Ger

sample.mbp

Hi Ger,

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ger klunder:

This work fine with one, but not when I release more trains.

of course it doesn't work with more than one train. That's because you set the switches when the train is leaving a track. You should rather set the switches immediately before the train arrives. In your  example train 1 leaves track 1, switches are set to track 1, shortly after that train 2 is leaving track 2 and the switches are set to track 2. Now, train 1 arrives first and finds switches set to track 2, it results in train 1 entering track 2 and a little later train 2 arrives and the switches are still set to (the now occupied) track 2 . See, it can't work.

Try to find a solution that sets the switches when the train arrives. There are several ways. If you can't find a way I will show you one. Finding ways by yourself is part of the fun with MBS and I won't spoil your fun. Give it a try!

Regards Jürgen

Hi Ger

I had some fun changing it a bit. Noticed a few strange things, too. There were a bunch of carpeted "Boden" in a far distant corner of the layout. That's one way to blow up your list of objects needlessly. Each time a train stopped it got it's acceleration and deceleration values set to the value they already had. That's blowing up your EM (event management) needlessly. These settings can be set on each vehicle manually by using the slider and/or up/down keys on keyboard. Of course, they can also be altered, if needed, during a trip, by EV (German abbreviation of EM)

For your learning (and comparison) track 4 still needs to be done:D

Cheers

Tom

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Timba:

Hi Ger,

of course it doesn't work with more than one train. That's because you set the switches when the train is leaving a track. You should rather set the switches immediately before the train arrives. In your  example train 1 leaves track 1, switches are set to track 1, shortly after that train 2 is leaving track 2 and the switches are set to track 2. Now, train 1 arrives first and finds switches set to track 2, it results in train 1 entering track 2 and a little later train 2 arrives and the switches are still set to (the now occupied) track 2 . See, it can't work.

Try to find a solution that sets the switches when the train arrives. There are several ways. If you can't find a way I will show you one. Finding ways by yourself is part of the fun with MBS and I won't spoil your fun. Give it a try!

Regards Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,
Thank you for the explanation.
I go to find a new way with switches,
Come back on it and give it a new try

Kind regards Ger

vor 2 Stunden schrieb metallix:

Hi Ger

I had some fun changing it a bit. Noticed a few strange things, too. There were a bunch of carpeted "Boden" in a far distant corner of the layout. That's one way to blow up your list of objects needlessly. Each time a train stopped it got it's acceleration and deceleration values set to the value they already had. That's blowing up your EM (event management) needlessly. These settings can be set on each vehicle manually by using the slider and/or up/down keys on keyboard. Of course, they can also be altered, if needed, during a trip, by EV (German abbreviation of EM)

For your learning (and comparison) track 4 still needs to be done:D

Cheers

Tom 

Hi Tom.

Great that you have some fun by changing it and take some time for me to show one of the ways
Thank you for the explanation about blowing up my EM. you have right :$ it make no sence what I did.
Thank you for your sample this really helps me for learning.

I first did not understand a bunch of carpeted
Now I did see it I make a mess:/
Again learn something to check more if I have deleted old things.

I love MBS and it is for me not easy to find a simple manual from MBS with the working from variable.
Its really great what some people make here when the use it.
The new version V5 is great (y)
Still have a lot to learn

Cheers and best regards,

Ger

Bearbeitet von ger klunder

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ger klunder:

I go to find a new way with switches,

As it is, there is not much left to find. All you have to do is to copy Tom's work. However, as I have stated before, there are different ways to achieve this result. So, if you like experimenting, don't hesitate.

Regards Jürgen

Hi Ger

Don't hesitate to get back here and seek support when you hit a wall. MBS is a wonderful piece of fun, creativity, entertainment and brain tickling, but it also is only vaguely explained . The best piece of support and source for info on the do's and dont's is here in the forum. Unfortunately, for non German's, most of it in German. For all of this I have greatest respect for anyone like you to even bother picking up a piece of software fun, not in your native language and hence a limited pool of info here in the forum, but somehow working some things out and building something that somehow works. Believe me, there are German members, who despite the language advantage aren't that far or maybe just as far as you...but as we all are, still fascinated by this MBS.

Cheers

Tom

Hello @ger klunder

Your method works. You only missed one crucial detail:
A train which enters the station, must "shut the door behind", figuratively speaking.

In other words: When entering the station, you must switch the point at the entrance side away from the track you've just entered. Because that track is now occupied. When you do that, you may use your tactic to have the leaving train switch the path into this track. 

Here's your original layout with the required alteration: Ger Klunder Sample (fixed).mbp

Apart from that one change, the EV is as it were before.
I also took the liberty to move the signals to the appropriate (right) side of the track. And I move the entire layout to the center of the world (coordinates 0, 0)

Greets
Goetz

vor 1 Stunde schrieb metallix:

Hi Ger

Don't hesitate to get back here and seek support when you hit a wall. MBS is a wonderful piece of fun, creativity, entertainment and brain tickling, but it also is only vaguely explained . The best piece of support and source for info on the do's and dont's is here in the forum. Unfortunately, for non German's, most of it in German. For all of this I have greatest respect for anyone like you to even bother picking up a piece of software fun, not in your native language and hence a limited pool of info here in the forum, but somehow working some things out and building something that somehow works. Believe me, there are German members, who despite the language advantage aren't that far or maybe just as far as you...but as we all are, still fascinated by this MBS.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,
You understand exactly what I mean, thank you for the compliment
Its really great that you and other people take the time for support (y)
I come for sure back for more support.
Best regards,
Ger

vor einer Stunde schrieb Goetz:

Hello ger klunder

Your method works. You only missed one crucial detail:
A train which enters the station, must "shut the door behind", figuratively speaking.

In other words: When entering the station, you must switch the point at the entrance side away from the track you've just entered. Because that track is now occupied. When you do that, you may use your tactic to have the leaving train switch the path into this track. 

Here's your original layout with the required alteration: Ger Klunder Sample (fixed).mbp

Apart from that one change, the EV is as it were before.
I also took the liberty to move the signals to the appropriate (right) side of the track. And I move the entire layout to the center of the world (coordinates 0, 0)

Greets
Goetz

Hi Goetz,

Thank you for the amended sample.
I did already learn a lot from your online video clip with the module sample.
This was great and very helpful. (maybe make more :$)
With your sample I did become the same problem that I have that all trains go to one track.
The sample from Tom was exact what I needed.
Now I going to try with one signal before the station that when no track is avalible the train stop and when a track is free the light go green.

Again I have learn more.
Thank you Goetz.

Best regards,
Ger

vor einer Stunde schrieb ger klunder:

With your sample I did become the same problem that I have that all trains go to one track.

I wonder why you ran into the same problems. The system works fine here.

https://youtu.be/bTizS_WmenU

As is, the system has two flaws.

1. it allows trains to enter a fully occupied station.
  2. it may change a switch underneath an incoming train, if the timing of an outgoing train is unfortunate.

There are better ways to handle the track finding. But I wanted to show you that your concept idea wasn't wrong. It was only incomplete.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Goetz:

I wonder why you ran into the same problems. The system works fine here.

https://youtu.be/bTizS_WmenU

As is, the system has two flaws.

1. it allows trains to enter a fully occupied station.
  2. it may change a switch underneath an incoming train, if the timing of an outgoing train is unfortunate.

There are better ways to handle the track finding. But I wanted to show you that your concept idea wasn't wrong. It was only incomplete.

Hello Goetz,

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

It was that I was stuck and did not have more ideas to solve the problem, 

Best regards and thank you again for yor help.

Ger