Blender Materials for Gltf: which Surface..?

Empfohlene Beiträge

Good morning...

I've a test piece in Blender 2.9, coloured with two Png files. The piece renders in Blender correctly. When exported to Gltf and created in MBS v6, the lights are coloured (Emissive material...), but the body is grey (Diffuse BSDF...). If I change the body material to Emissive and export again, the colours are produced, but saturated. Which Material Surface settings would give the piece its correct colours in MBS, please..? Here's a screenshot of the two pieces in MBS ...

Guten Morgen...

Ich habe ein Teststück in Blender 2.9, das mit zwei PNG-Dateien gefärbt ist. Das Stück wird in Blender korrekt gerendert. Beim Export nach Gltf und der Erstellung in MBS v6 sind die Lichter farbig (emittierendes Material ...), aber der Körper ist grau (diffuses BSDF ...). Wenn ich das Körpermaterial auf Emissive ändere und erneut exportiere, werden die Farben erzeugt, aber gesättigt. Welche Materialoberflächeneinstellungen würden dem Stück die richtigen Farben in MBS geben, bitte ..? Hier ist ein Screenshot der beiden Teile in MBS ...

Magn_Trai.thumb.jpg.21862bdb745fbd11ca01bd75a012a409.jpg

Edit: It's a bit better (well, different..!) using Principled BSDF, but I only have one Png file, so used the same for colour, Roughness and Metallic. The result is below...
I suppose the question now becomes : what Png files should be created and used for the Colour, Roughness and Metallic Materials needed..? Thanks in advance...

Bearbeiten: Es ist ein bisschen besser (na ja, anders ..!) Mit Principled BSDF, aber ich habe nur eine Png-Datei, also wird dieselbe für Farbe, Rauheit und Metallic verwendet. Das Ergebnis ist unten ...
Ich nehme an, die Frage lautet nun: Welche PNG-Dateien sollten für die benötigten Farben, Rauheiten und metallischen Materialien erstellt und verwendet werden? Danke im Voraus...

Magt_Prin.thumb.jpg.cdbe2d96f660c105f5bb07d1241ee4b6.jpg

Passenger_train_color_.thumb.jpg.5226c75c1a04a33ae072c54cba68ab70.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

8 minutes ago, maxwei said:

Use "deepl", that works quite ok.

lg max

'works quite ok' on Pdf files..? :D

Yes, I've the translation of the words, and some of them even make sense to me, but I still don't know how to get the colours from my Png file onto the train..! I presume that the Png file has to be altered in some way, and two other files created (one each for Roughness and Metallic...), but I have no model from which to start.
I've made progress (I'm new to MBS and to Blender, as you may have guessed...), and am using this train simply as an exercise. I've now managed to see a rendered, coloured image in Blender (that counts as success for me..!), and am close to seeing the final product in My 3D Models. Once I get this train, coloured, into MBS, I can look at creating buildings, and start on simple animations, such as rotating wheels, or walking people. I could do them now, except that they'd all be grey, or luminous..!
From seeing the Png file posted above, how should it be altered to become the three Material files that Blender needs to export to Gltd..? I don't need them to be done for me; just the method to be applied. I'll be able to read through the PBR document again once I have three files to work with.

'funktioniert ganz ok' bei PDF-Dateien ..? :D
Ja, ich habe die Übersetzung der Wörter und einige davon machen sogar Sinn für mich, aber ich weiß immer noch nicht, wie ich die Farben aus meiner PNG-Datei in den Zug bringen kann ..! Ich gehe davon aus, dass die Png-Datei auf irgendeine Weise geändert und zwei weitere Dateien erstellt werden müssen (jeweils eine für Rauheit und Metallic ...), aber ich habe kein Modell, von dem aus ich beginnen kann.
Ich habe Fortschritte gemacht (ich bin neu bei MBS und Blender, wie Sie vielleicht erraten haben ...) und benutze diesen Zug einfach als Übung. Ich habe es jetzt geschafft, ein gerendertes, farbiges Bild in Blender zu sehen (was für mich als Erfolg gilt ..!) Und bin kurz davor, das Endprodukt in My 3D Models zu sehen. Sobald ich diesen farbigen Zug in MBS habe, kann ich mir das Erstellen von Gebäuden ansehen und mit einfachen Animationen wie rotierenden Rädern oder gehenden Personen beginnen. Ich könnte sie jetzt machen, außer dass sie alle grau oder leuchtend wären ..!
Wie sollte die oben veröffentlichte PNG-Datei geändert werden, um die drei Materialdateien zu werden, die Blender zum Exportieren nach Gltd benötigt? Ich brauche sie nicht für mich zu tun; nur die anzuwendende Methode. Sobald ich drei Dateien zum Arbeiten habe, kann ich das PBR-Dokument erneut lesen.

Hallo

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Dad3353:

'works quite ok' on Pdf files..? :D

No, it works perfect on *.pdf's....You know Copy/Paste ?

You need 4  *.PNG's, for example: test_color.png, test_metallic.png, test_roughness.png, test_emissive.png.
The important thing is that all of them need the same size and structure. So imagine you use the color.png for the colored material and all the other as template over the color.png.

The brighter the metallic.png the more reflective the surface, the brighter the roughness.png the more matte the surface.

For emissive you need an extra-aerea in the color.png and the template: the brighter the emissive the brighter the material and in the emissive you select the color of the material while in the color.png this aerea should be dark.

lg max

Bearbeitet von maxwei

Thanks for the help, Max; it's appreciated.

The Deepl I have wants docx files; I've OCR'ed the Pdf, created a docx and entered that into Deepl. Yes, it works (but without the pics, of course...), and it's enough to be going on with.
If I take my present Png file (it's 4096x4096...), what needs doing to a copy of this file to make it become a 'Metallic' file, then a 'Roughness' file, with an option of an Emissive file..? Do I have to edit the colours in there (Make them Black, for example, or white, or transparent..?). It's fine using a Template, once one knows how to construct a Template; for the moment I do not. Is there a simple example available on t'web or elsewhere showing these files..? As I wrote above, we're nearly there, but, as with an 'open secret', no-one mentions it because it is thought to be evident, so it remains a secret to those who do not know. Apologies if I appear too obtuse; put it down to old age..! :$

Danke für die Hilfe, Max; es wird geschätzt.

Der Deepl, den ich habe, möchte docx-Dateien; Ich habe das PDF OCR'ed, ein docx erstellt und das in Deepl eingegeben. Ja, es funktioniert (aber natürlich ohne die Bilder ...) und es reicht aus, um weiterzumachen.
Wenn ich meine aktuelle PNG-Datei (4096 x 4096 ...) nehme, was muss mit einer Kopie dieser Datei geschehen, damit sie zu einer "Metallic" -Datei wird, dann zu einer "Roughness" -Datei mit der Option einer Emissive-Datei. ? Muss ich die Farben dort bearbeiten (z. B. schwarz oder weiß oder transparent machen?). Es ist in Ordnung, eine Vorlage zu verwenden, sobald man weiß, wie man eine Vorlage erstellt. im Moment tue ich nicht. Gibt es ein einfaches Beispiel im Internet oder anderswo, das diese Dateien zeigt? Wie ich oben geschrieben habe, sind wir fast da, aber wie bei einem "offenen Geheimnis" erwähnt es niemand, weil es als offensichtlich angesehen wird, so dass es für diejenigen, die es nicht wissen, ein Geheimnis bleibt. Entschuldigung, wenn ich zu stumpf erscheine; lege es bis ins hohe Alter hin ..! :$

Hi Dad...use the Web-Deepl, in the small window you easily paste your text.

i give you an example of the "Wuppertaler Schwebebahn":

1.Color        for.thumb.jpg.a68fb92c380cff1f1f52dd129afe9ed3.jpg 

2.metallic    for_m.thumb.jpg.344a742856e4c2eb447e386c816b4d58.jpg dark is no metallic, white is full metallic

3.roughnessfor_r.thumb.jpg.0b1f2c023ee6fb821bc6144589280a42.jpg  dark is no roughness, white is full roughness

4.emissive   for_e.thumb.jpg.49e709e138b02b6d063bb1b62837e806.jpg  black is no emissive

you see the differences?

I'm old,too:D

lg max

Bearbeitet von maxwei

Excellent..! Off to Photoshop to try this out..! Many thanks; I'll post results here if/when I succeed. It'll be far more primitive than the above, though..! 9_9

Ausgezeichnet..! Auf nach Photoshop, um das auszuprobieren ..! Danke vielmals; Ich werde hier Ergebnisse veröffentlichen, wenn ich Erfolg habe. Es wird jedoch viel primitiver sein als oben ..! 9_9

something else I noticed:

try to reduce the size of your Texture, 4096*4096 is much to big because it takes much more resources to display, for that kind of model a resolution of 1024*1024 is big enough, provided you also want to publish the model sometime.

lg max

Et voilà ..! OK, it's a bit dull, but I've now got a handle on the process, so I can experiment with transparent windows, shiny parts and more. I'm not ready yet to create a whole village or animated loco, but I've a better idea of how this stuff works now, so thanks again.
I note the remark on resolution; this was a Png that came with the model, so I used it. I'll start off my experiments by shrinking it down to the size you recommended.
Cheers. (y)

Et voilà ..! OK, it's a bit boring, but I now have the process under control so I can experiment with transparent windows, shiny parts, and more. I'm not ready to create an entire village or an animated locomotive just yet, but I have a better idea of how this stuff works now. Thanks again.
I take note of the comment on the resolution; This was a png that came with the model so I used it. I start my experiments by scaling them down to the size you recommend.
Cheers. (y)

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.ccbfd2c8649a59d6b46ea8028d13c2de.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353
I forgot the picture...

Am I allowed another question..? Yes..? Oh, good. I've 'cut out' the glass, and can now see inside the train. The inside faces, however, are transparent..! I presume there's another trick, or ruse, to have the inner faces opaque..? Do I need to paint the inside, and, if so, how..? :/

Darf ich noch eine Frage stellen ..? Ja..? Oh gut. Ich habe das Glas 'ausgeschnitten' und kann jetzt in den Zug sehen. Die Innenseiten sind jedoch transparent ..! Ich nehme an, es gibt noch einen anderen Trick oder Trick, um die Innenseiten undurchsichtig zu machen. Muss ich das Innere streichen und wenn ja, wie ..? :/

Thanks for that, I'll try to work out what these things are and have a look at Modifiers. It's a whole new vocabulary to be learnt..! :o

Vielen Dank dafür, ich werde versuchen, herauszufinden, was diese Dinge sind, und mir Modifikatoren ansehen. Es ist ein ganz neues Vokabular zu lernen ..! :o

Well, I like a fine joke as much as anyone, and the combination of Blender and MBS are certainly giving me plenty of occasion to laugh..! I read a page or two on t'web, and found in Blender the means for 'flipping' the Normals (whatever they are...). Once again exported, then brought into MBS, to find that the train is now the opposite : it's the outside which is now transparent..! Funnier still, when I align the two together, I get the result wanted, but I'm sure that's not the right way of doing things..!
I don't think that I'm the only person using Blender, and, having seen many fine models on the Forum, I'm certain that many of you know very well how to create a hollow item with cut-outs, and not get ghosts and phantoms. It's not that I find it difficult; it's just that you are all doing something different somewhere. It's probably something stupidly simple that I've ignored, forgotten or overlooked. So...
Can anyone explain to me, in words of less than one syllable, understandable by an illiterate five-year-old, what I need to do to get this piece acceptable to MBS, without this unwanted transparency, please..? Be warned again; this is only the start for us; I've not yet considered how to make this move in MBS, or open its doors, so there will be much more explaining to do, maybe for weeks and months to come. I'm retired, and in no hurry, but, like everyone on the Planet, have only so many years left to do anything. I'd like to at least make this object properly visible before the End Of My Days. Anyone..? Please..?

Nun, ich mag einen guten Witz so sehr wie jeder andere, und die Kombination von Blender und MBS gibt mir sicherlich viel Gelegenheit zum Lachen ..! Ich habe ein oder zwei Seiten im Internet gelesen und in Blender die Mittel gefunden, um die Normalen (was auch immer sie sind ...) umzudrehen. Noch einmal exportiert und dann in MBS gebracht, um festzustellen, dass der Zug jetzt das Gegenteil ist: Es ist die Außenseite, die jetzt transparent ist ..! Noch lustiger, wenn ich die beiden zusammenstelle, bekomme ich das gewünschte Ergebnis, aber ich bin mir sicher, dass das nicht die richtige Art ist, Dinge zu tun ..!
Ich glaube nicht, dass ich die einzige Person bin, die Blender verwendet, und nachdem ich viele gute Modelle im Forum gesehen habe, bin ich sicher, dass viele von Ihnen sehr gut wissen, wie man einen hohlen Gegenstand mit Ausschnitten erstellt, und nicht Holen Sie sich Geister und Phantome. Es ist nicht so, dass ich es schwierig finde; Es ist nur so, dass Sie alle irgendwo etwas anderes machen. Es ist wahrscheinlich etwas dumm Einfaches, das ich ignoriert, vergessen oder übersehen habe. Damit...
Kann mir jemand in Worten von weniger als einer Silbe erklären, die für einen fünfjährigen Analphabeten verständlich sind, was ich tun muss, um dieses Stück für MBS akzeptabel zu machen, ohne diese unerwünschte Transparenz, bitte ..? Seien Sie erneut gewarnt. Dies ist nur der Anfang für uns; Ich habe noch nicht darüber nachgedacht, wie ich diesen Schritt in MBS machen oder seine Türen öffnen soll, daher wird es viel mehr Erklärungen geben, vielleicht für Wochen und Monate. Ich bin im Ruhestand und habe es nicht eilig, aber wie jeder auf dem Planeten habe ich nur noch so viele Jahre Zeit, um etwas zu tun. Ich möchte dieses Objekt zumindest vor dem Ende meiner Tage richtig sichtbar machen. Jemand..? Bitte..?

The two Ghost Trains...

Die zwei Geisterzüge ...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.3982f76f71210f77a2c9aff58367d51f.jpg

... and the pair, superimposed...

... und das Paar, überlagert ...

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.0306c642f2ce3bb4a7cd3bee818046a2.jpg

Hi Douglas, another example:

If you create a simple cube in blender  it shows and calculates usually only 6 Faces, the Outside-Faces, cause there's no need to calculate inside-Faces in any Program because it takes computing power.

So if you want to show the inside-Faces too you can select single Faces and "extrude" them (shortcut "E" in Edit-Mode"), (that makes a copy of that faces , youmay now change the direction of the "Normal") in the Edit-Mode or you can use the "Soldify Modifier" on the complete Mesh.

To see all faces indicated inclusive the direction of the "Normals" you can select this here:
for5.jpg.b89645bef089ece34735d535b684e0d1.jpg (switchable in Edit-Mode only)

for3.jpg.e1ab77801f7410b60863a3de6b9c5864.jpgthis is the result, the blue lines indicates the direction of the "Normals"

lg max

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Dad3353:

the Normals (whatever they are...)

In layman's terms, they distinguish the inside from the outside.

To you and your human perception, it may be obvious which of two sides is facing outward (i.e. contributing to the visual experience), but to a 3D renderer, it isn't as easy. You need to tell it. And if you want to make the interior wall of an object visible too, you need another surface with the normal (i.e. visible) side pointing inwards. The two "not normal" sides of the surfaces build the inside of the wall. And they need to be invisible to let you look out from the wall if you happen to stand just inside of it.

All very useful information. Not magic..? It sometimes seems like it, with many grimoires to wade through to create a 'simple' train with windows. The 'plus' side is that I'm adding more and more Knowledge, and, in just a few year's time, will be able to actually create something..! Thanks for the generous tips, folks (but I'm sure there'll be more questions to come, further down the line...). I hope that these posts help other beginners in the future.

Alles sehr nützliche Informationen. Keine Magie ..? Es scheint manchmal so, als müssten viele Zauberbücher durchwaten, um einen „einfachen“ Zug mit Fenstern zu schaffen. Das Plus ist, dass ich immer mehr Wissen hinzufüge und in nur wenigen Jahren tatsächlich etwas erschaffen kann ..! Vielen Dank für die großzügigen Tipps, Leute (aber ich bin sicher, es werden noch weitere Fragen kommen ...). Ich hoffe, dass diese Beiträge in Zukunft anderen Anfängern helfen.

Progress..! It was 'Solidify Faces' that did the job...

Fortschritt..! Es war 'Gesichter verfestigen', die den Job gemacht haben ...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.8d5ef6b98616b81128ca41fc52170f91.jpg

Now on to adding the glass..! After that, I'll see about adding an engine, and contact points for coupling. Much more fun to come..!

Nun zum Hinzufügen des Glases ..! Danach werde ich einen Motor und Kontaktpunkte für die Kupplung hinzufügen. Viel mehr Spaß zu kommen ..!