track not connecting

Empfohlene Beiträge

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

Is there a limit on the number of track pieces?

Not to my knowledge, no.
But without seeing your layout (or watching you while you attempt to connect the next piece), I can't say what's causing your problems.

4 hours ago, Eric Lord said:

Is there a limit on the number of track pieces?

Actually, according to the home page, the free version has a limit of 150 objects, so if you're using the free version that could be it....  £42.97 (€49.90) is actually worth the price in my opinion!

If you aren't using the free version, then I am not sure, but when you say the "red end", on my version the active ends of splines are blue...?

vor 5 Minuten schrieb simonjackson1964:

according to the home page, the free version has a limit of 150 objects

when you save the layout. But you can build to your hearts content even with the free standard version.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Eric Lord:

What do you need to see my layout

From the save menu, choose "save and share ..."
Checkmark the "upload as draft" box, so it doesn't count as one of your public layouts.
Drafts are automaticalkly deleted from the public server (but not locally!) after 30 days

copy the Content ID of your layout and post it here (or send it to me in a private message)

Cheers
Goetz

P.S.: Never share your personal details with anyone, regardless how trustworthy he may appear!
Besides all the obvious reasons, you'll put that person under undesireable suspicion, when something goes wrong with your account.
Because "it can only be him - no one else has access ..."

Thanks for your reply, Simon.

Yes, on the track which I get from the online catalogue when I try to connect is blue its the red bars which are at the ends like when it's a track at the end of a siding or station terminus.

I am using the paid version.

Eric

Goetz,

As well as the board area being made larger I also made the thickness slightly thicker, perhaps this is the trouble.

I that's the case then I have a problem as I don't remember what the original thickness was.

I have just pulled two pieces of track out of the online catalogue and connected them with no problem, which makes me think that it's a thickness issue.

Eric

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

I also made the thickness slightly thicker, perhaps this is the trouble.

I don't think so
Neither the enlargement, nor the changed thickness affects the connection of two elements.

If only I could take a look and wasn't forced to guess wildly - alas ...

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

I have just pulled two pieces of track out of the online catalogue and connected them with no problem, which ...

... makes me think, that the two pieces which refuse to connect, don't sit at the same height and you don't see it, because you neglect to check the 3D image of your layout.  But as I stated, I can only guess.

Bearbeitet von Goetz

Goetz,

I have just tried something.

I have put the layout in 2d mode got a new piece of track and yes it's at a different high from the track.

The new price slides under the layout track, so this means that I need to lower the layout track or bring the board  surface up to layout track hight somehow.

Eric

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

this means that I need to lower the layout track or bring the board  surface up

at last, we found what's causing it.
I'd bring the surface up if I were you.
In 3D mode, double click the surface, hold the blue arrow (Z-axis) from the gismo and drag it up until satisfied.

Bearbeitet von Goetz

Hallo,

bitte sagt mir immer, welches Gleissystem ihr verwendet !

Es kann nämlich sein, das in früheren Versionen zusammengesetzte Gleise als Gruppe in den Online-Katalog aufgenommen wurden. Es kann also sein, daß ein früher gruppiertes Gleis nicht mehr an ein Gleis aus dem aktuellen Katalog andocken will. In diesem Fall muß die Gleisgruppe vorher aufgelöst werden.

please always tell me which track system you use !

It may be that in earlier versions tracks that were grouped together were included as a group in the online catalogue. So it is possible that a previously grouped track no longer wants to dock with a track from the current catalogue. In this case, the track group must be dissolved beforehand.

Regards, Henry