Building Signals

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all

I’m having a go at making some New Zealand signals but there are some things I would like some more info on…

#1 Texture, I can’t get the semi-transparent (light Covers) texture to come through to the game.

#2 Textures, Also the luminated (light) texture doesn’t seem to show as I expected.

In other programs/games I need to name these types of texture in a certain way for them to work.

If so, where can I find info on this?

#3 Automation. It does work, but I need to link my signal to a built-in signal for the auto stuff to work.

Where could I find some info on how to make mine fully working?

Is there any chance I could get a raw copy of item “Form signal 3” so I can look at it in Blender? This should show me everything I would like to know.

3 hours ago, Richard T said:

Hi all

I’m having a go at making some New Zealand signals but there are some things I would like some more info on…

I made UK signals, using Blender 2.93, and they work well enough. Find attached a 'zip' file with two Blender files and textures; maybe they'll help..? Ask if explanation is required.

Ich habe UK-Signale mit Blender 2.93 erstellt und sie funktionieren gut genug. Finden Sie eine angehängte 'Zip'-Datei mit zwei Blender-Dateien und Texturen; vielleicht helfen sie..? Fragen Sie, ob eine Erklärung erforderlich ist.

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

2 hours ago, Richard T said:

...Unfortunately the textures didnt come through ...

One day I'll get it right first time (but today is not that day...). Here you go for the Semaphore Textures ...

One day I'll get it right the first time (but today is not that day ...). Click here for the semaphore textures ...

Sema_Sign.zip

The four 'UK_Sign_Sema_xxxx' files are 'layered' by Blender (and hence MBS...), and are to be interpreted one on top of the other. The 'Colo' file is the main one; it has the colours, much like a paint-box. I drag the UV maps, suitable adjusted for size, to whichever colour I want to apply to that map. For the signal arm, there is an arm shape, pre-coloured; I only have to form the Arm UV map over that to apply that texture. Up to now, it's pretty standard 'paint by numbers' way of doing it.
Beneath the Colo file is the 'Meta' file, which carries the 'Metallic' information, and will be mixed, by Blender, to the same UV map as the 'Colo' file. Anything coloured with a square with an associated 'Meta' square will have its 'Metallic' characteristic taken from that file. If it's black: Metallic is zero. The lighter it gets, the more Metallic becomes the material. Similarly, the 'Roug' file contains the Roughness to be applied to that square. This, in combination with the Meta file, gives the total metallic effect. The darker the Roughness, the more mirror-like the Metallic.
The last layer, 'Emis' is the Emissive information. Any square copied onto this file will take on Emissive qualities, dictated by the Emissive Strength cursor in Blender. You will see that the Red and Green have been thus copied, so that the two lens of the Signal take on, not just the Colour, but also the Emissive quality. They glow; not noticeable in daylight, but excellent when night falls. No switching is needed; they are permanently Emissive.
The signal Arm is animated, as are the two lens. When the Arm is lowered, the Red lens is to the fore; when the arm raises, this lens is animated to go back, through the Arm, and is then invisible. At the same time, the Green lens, hidden until now by the Arm (but always Emissive; just masked, is all...) is brought forward to just in front of the Arm, to become visible. Naturally the process is reversed when the Arm is lowered, hiding once again the Green and showing again the Red. It's all trickery, really; just smoke ad mirrors.
Have a play around with the 'paint-box', changing the light and dark regions of the Meta and Roug files, to see what the effect is (on a Blender Cube, for instance...). Then see how you fare with making a face Emissive, in a colour of your choice. That's how to better get a grip on how it all works. It's easy, really; I give as proof that even I manage it..!
Oh, yes, and the Ladder is a cheat, too. I didn't want to have a stack of polygons for such a detail, so I apply a texture with an Alpha (transparent...) mode, so that only the uprights and rungs are visible, despite the 'ladder' being a solid cube. Cheating..? Yes, I know; shameful, isn't it..?
Let me know if more is needed; hoping this helps; meanwhile...

Keep well, stay safe.

Die vier 'UK_Sign_Sema_xxxx'-Dateien werden von Blender (und damit MBS...) 'geschichtet' und sind übereinander zu interpretieren. Die 'Colo'-Datei ist die wichtigste; es hat die Farben, ähnlich wie ein Malkasten. Ich ziehe die UV-Maps, passend zur Größe angepasst, auf die Farbe, die ich auf diese Map anwenden möchte. Für den Signalarm gibt es eine vorgefärbte Armform; Ich muss nur die Arm-UV-Map darüber bilden, um diese Textur anzuwenden. Bis jetzt ist dies eine ziemlich übliche Methode zum Malen nach Zahlen.
Unterhalb der Colo-Datei befindet sich die 'Meta'-Datei, die die 'Metallic'-Information enthält und von Blender auf dieselbe UV-Map wie die 'Colo'-Datei gemischt wird. Alles, was mit einem Quadrat mit einem zugehörigen 'Meta'-Quadrat gefärbt ist, erhält seine 'Metallic'-Eigenschaft aus dieser Datei. Wenn es schwarz ist: Metallic ist null. Je heller es wird, desto metallischer wird das Material. In ähnlicher Weise enthält die Datei 'Roug' die Rauheit, die auf dieses Quadrat angewendet werden soll. Dies ergibt in Kombination mit der Meta-Datei den totalen Metallic-Effekt. Je dunkler die Rauheit, desto spiegelähnlicher das Metallic.
Die letzte Schicht, 'Emis', ist die Emissionsinformation. Jedes Quadrat, das in diese Datei kopiert wird, nimmt Emissionsqualitäten an, die durch den Emissionsstärke-Cursor in Blender vorgegeben werden. Sie werden sehen, dass Rot und Grün so kopiert wurden, sodass die beiden Linsen des Signals nicht nur die Farbe, sondern auch die Emissionsqualität übernehmen. Sie leuchten; bei Tageslicht nicht wahrnehmbar, aber ausgezeichnet, wenn die Nacht hereinbricht. Es ist kein Umschalten erforderlich; sie sind dauerhaft emittierend.
Der Signalarm ist animiert, ebenso die beiden Objektive. Wenn der Arm abgesenkt wird, ist die rote Linse im Vordergrund; Wenn sich der Arm hebt, wird diese Linse animiert, durch den Arm zurückzugehen und ist dann unsichtbar. Gleichzeitig wird die bisher vom Arm verdeckte grüne Linse (aber immer Emissiv; nur maskiert, ist alles...) nach vorne vor den Arm geschoben, um sichtbar zu werden. Natürlich kehrt sich der Vorgang beim Absenken des Arms um, verbirgt wieder das Grün und zeigt wieder das Rot. Es ist wirklich alles Tricks; nur Werbung Spiegel rauchen.
Spielen Sie mit dem 'Malkasten' herum, ändern Sie die hellen und dunklen Bereiche der Meta- und Roug-Dateien, um zu sehen, was der Effekt ist (zum Beispiel auf einem Blender Cube...). Dann sehen Sie, wie es Ihnen ergeht, ein Gesicht Emissive in einer Farbe Ihrer Wahl zu machen. So bekommt man die Funktionsweise besser in den Griff. Es ist wirklich einfach; Ich gebe als Beweis, dass sogar ich es schaffe..!
Oh ja, und die Leiter ist auch ein Betrüger. Ich wollte keinen Stapel von Polygonen für ein solches Detail haben, also wende ich eine Textur mit einem Alpha-Modus (transparent...) an, sodass nur die Pfosten und Sprossen sichtbar sind, obwohl die 'Leiter' ein Feststoff ist Würfel. Schummeln..? Ja, ich weiß; peinlich, nicht wahr..?
Lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn mehr benötigt wird; in der Hoffnung, dass dies hilft; inzwischen...

Stay healthy, stay healthy.

Douglas

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Thanks for your help. It was greatly appreciated.

This sorts everything I wanted. I didn’t realise I could use this texture system.

I do have the programs for these textures .

I also really appreciate finding out about the “ _P_Track_Dynamic “ . It fixed all my coding questions. I had no idea where to find this info.

Cheers

Richard

Back again

My signals almost done; however, I’m trying to add glass to my signals. I’ve been hunting around on wiki, about how to do it, but all I can find is talk about how it can be done with the PBR textures in V6 and V7. I’m guessing the transparency data/layer is added into one of the textures but can’t find the info anywhere. I see in the forum that you have got the glass texture sorted, but couldn’t find how you did it. Is there any chance you could send me a blender example or how the glass texture is done?

Cheers

4 hours ago, Richard T said:

... Is there any chance you could send me a blender example or how the glass texture is done? ...

I use a very simple method, with an RGB texture (so no file needed...). If you scroll down to the bottom of the Properties of the Material 'Tran_Glas', you'll fine 'Alpha', set to 'Alpha Blend'. The Alpha strength determines the degree of transparence, try varying that to see the effect. The RGB colour can be left at 'White', of course, but I usually give it a blueish tint; adjust to taste.
Find attached 'zip' file with a Tram, using the same 'four files' method of texturing with one multi-texture material, plus a second Material for the windows. The tram is animated, with opening doors and a pantograph; the '.anim' file is included if you want to export it to MBS. Again, ask if there's anything more needed.

Ich verwende eine sehr einfache Methode mit einer RGB-Textur (also keine Datei erforderlich ...). Wenn Sie in den Eigenschaften des Materials 'Tran_Glas' nach unten scrollen, erhalten Sie 'Alpha', auf 'Alpha Blend' gesetzt. Die Alpha-Stärke bestimmt den Grad der Transparenz. Versuchen Sie, diesen zu variieren, um den Effekt zu sehen. Die RGB-Farbe kann natürlich auf 'Weiß' belassen werden, aber normalerweise gebe ich ihr einen bläulichen Farbton; nach Geschmack anpassen.
Finden Sie die angehängte 'Zip'-Datei mit einer Straßenbahn, indem Sie die gleiche 'Vier-Dateien'-Methode der Texturierung mit einem Multi-Textur-Material plus einem zweiten Material für die Fenster verwenden. Die Straßenbahn ist animiert, mit sich öffnenden Türen und einem Stromabnehmer; die '.anim'-Datei ist enthalten, wenn Sie sie nach MBS exportieren möchten. Fragen Sie noch einmal, ob noch etwas benötigt wird.

Tram_KTM5.zip