Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all!

Recently I read somewhere in the forum that each author does have a copyright on his work. Also, I have seen what Norjan does by adding cameras - BUT he gives recognition to the original author by renaming the layout as "Norjan's Copy" + the name of the layout. I loved what he did to my layout "Donner Pass"!

However, I have just now found one of my layouts: "Meyerton" as published on 2nd May 2023 having been published by someone called Norbert-jansenn on 15 June 2023, without even changing the title or giving recognition to my original layout.  He has, like Norjan, added cameras & triggers but the layout is still the same.

I do not want to make an issue of this but I feel that 99,5% of the work was mine yet published under a new author without giving me recognition. Please can the administrators advise?

Regards

Ernest

Hello Ernest,

In my opinion there is no copyright in a layout of an online game. The purpose of the publication is precisely that others can play with it, change it and publish it again.

Personally, I would always name the original author if I change a layout and publish it in modified form. Normally Nortjan does that too. But I don't see a legal obligation.

Kind regards
Phrontistes

Bearbeitet von Phrontistes
typo

vor 3 Stunden schrieb prinz:

Norjan says ... it was not possible to save the layout with a new name

But that's nonsense. You can't save a layout under die original ID. And the name is the choice of the user who saves the layout and it can be changed. erverytime.

Bearbeitet von Phrontistes
typo

Hallo @prinz,

I think I a) understood him and b) quoted him correctly:

Screenshot2023-06-15181838.thumb.jpg.94c81ac21e684e5fff77ea634d1d7e14.jpg

Several people (me too) have pointed out to him that overwriting other people's layouts is not an option. See here:

https://community.3d-modellbahn.de/forums/topic/8384-fehlermeldung-ein-unbekannter-fehler-ist-aufgetreten-bitte-versuchen-sie-es-erneut/

And: Of course you can save any layout under any name and you can also rename it.

To say "it was not possible to save the modified layout with a new name" is nonsens.

Beste Grüße / Kind regards

Phrontistes

Sorry if I made a mistake by renaming 'MEYERTON'. I now don't know how it happend, on my PC it is called '_NORJANsCopy - MEYERTON' ! @Neo, please adjust !

But I think every construction site is individual marked by its ID ! So there can exist different sites from different authors with the SAME NAME !

Only the author can change HIS site !

In the last 5 years I modified so many construction sites to my opinion - may be more than 2000 - and to identify them by ME I sign them with _NORJANsCopy !

Since 2023-07-03-09:50h I'm working on _NORJANsCOPY - 'Schlagerfuzzis kleines MBS Kunstwerk :) ' !

Bearbeitet von norbert_janssen

@ern45I just asked online for 'MEYERTON' and see, there are TWO construction sites with the same name: the original from you and my copy !

Look above:

"But I think every construction site is individual marked by its ID ! So there can exist different sites from different authors with the SAME NAME !

Only the author can change HIS site ! "

@PhrontistesWollte gerade deine Idee umsetzen und mein 'MEYERTON' in '_NORJANsCopy - 'umbenennen und erhielt die Fehlermeldung:"Es existiert bereits eine Anlage mit gleichem Namen", obwohl die bei meiner obigen Abfrage NICHT angezeigt wurde !

Bearbeitet von norbert_janssen