Language change for 3D models

220hotwheels

Empfohlene Beiträge

@Neo

Hi NeoObjectlanguagequery.thumb.jpg.d44511023250064f63e531e3a7da2dbb.jpg

I have addressed this enquiry to you but am not sure whether I am correct in doing so or whether it should be directed to the individual who created the model. That said the question really applies to all of the 3D models, so perhaps I am better asking you this question.

Is it possible to have the various  descriptive elements in English, or the facility to auto translate them from German to English, much as we are able to do in the forum. I realise that individual words can be copied and subsequently translated in numerous other media or that a trial and error principle can be applied to each of the alternatives on offer, but this is very time consuming so an option to translate in the program would be great.

I have attached a screenshot to show what I am trying to explain.

Kind regards

Pete

Hallo Pete,
die Funktionen für Animationen werden vom Modellbauer selbst eingetragen. Inwieweit sich zweisprachige Eingaben mit dem MBS beim hochladen vereinen lassen, das entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis. Aber ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass die dafür notwendige Anim-Datei im MBS dann die englische Version unterhalb der deutschen Version anzeigt. Ob das so ideal ist? Ich weiß es nicht. Aber @Neo wird Dir da sicher weiter helfen können, meint zumindest
Walter

Hi Pete,
the functions for animations are entered by the modeller himself. To what extent bilingual entries can be combined with the MBS during upload is beyond my knowledge. But I could imagine that the necessary anim file in the MBS would then display the English version below the German version. Is that ideal? I do not know. But @Neo will certainly be able to help you, at least he thinks so.
Walter

Hi Pete,

vor 44 Minuten schrieb 220hotwheels:

I have addressed this enquiry to you but am not sure whether I am correct in doing so or whether it should be directed to the individual who created the model. That said the question really applies to all of the 3D models, so perhaps I am better asking you this question.

At present, the modeller can only enter the name and description in German and English. The names for the animations can only be entered in one language. For a direct translation in the programme, Neo is the right contact person.

Zur Zeit können vom Modellbauer nur der Name und die Beschreibung in deutsch und englisch eingegeben werden. Die Namen für die Animationen können nur in einer Sprache angegeben werden. Für eine direkte Übersetzung im Programm ist Neo der richtige Ansprechpartner.

Kind regards
EASY

Bearbeitet von EASY

3 hours ago, EASY said:

Hi Pete,

At present, the modeller can only enter the name and description in German and English. The names for the animations can only be entered in one language. For a direct translation in the programme, Neo is the right contact person.

Zur Zeit können vom Modellbauer nur der Name und die Beschreibung in deutsch und englisch eingegeben werden. Die Namen für die Animationen können nur in einer Sprache angegeben werden. Für eine direkte Übersetzung im Programm ist Neo der richtige Ansprechpartner.

Kind regards
EASY

Hi EASY

Thanks for that. I had concluded that it might be the modeller who created the text but clearly I was unaware of the single language restriction, although it does unfortunately make sense. I have been a member of this wonderful past time since April 2019 and have spent many hours experimenting with operational options or simply getting a Google translation. One of the benefits has been that, in time, I have got to understand quite a few German words and phrases, and that's great, but as I keep saying to other members, the little grey cells don't retain some things quite as well as they used to so I look for easier solutions now. If they are not available or possible then I'll simply keep cajoling said little grey cells to work a bit harder and stop going to sleep!!!

I'll wait and see if Neo has any possible solution.

Many thanks once again.

Kind regards 

Pete

Hallo EASY

Danke dafür. Ich war zu dem Schluss gekommen, dass es der Modellierer sein könnte, der den Text erstellt hat, aber offensichtlich war mir die Beschränkung auf eine einzige Sprache nicht bewusst, obwohl sie leider Sinn macht. Ich bin seit April 2019 Mitglied dieser wunderbaren vergangenen Zeit und habe viele Stunden damit verbracht, mit operativen Optionen zu experimentieren oder einfach eine Google-Übersetzung zu erhalten. Einer der Vorteile war, dass ich mit der Zeit einige deutsche Wörter und Sätze verstanden habe, und das ist großartig, aber wie ich anderen Mitgliedern immer wieder sage, behalten die kleinen grauen Zellen einige Dinge nicht mehr ganz so gut wie früher, also suche ich jetzt nach einfacheren Lösungen. Wenn sie nicht verfügbar oder möglich sind, werde ich diese kleinen grauen Zellen einfach weiter überreden, ein bisschen härter zu arbeiten und nicht mehr einzuschlafen!!

Ich werde abwarten und sehen, ob Neo eine mögliche Lösung hat.

Nochmals vielen Dank.

Herzliche Grüße

Pete

3 hours ago, Klartexter said:

Hallo Pete,
die Funktionen für Animationen werden vom Modellbauer selbst eingetragen. Inwieweit sich zweisprachige Eingaben mit dem MBS beim hochladen vereinen lassen, das entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis. Aber ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass die dafür notwendige Anim-Datei im MBS dann die englische Version unterhalb der deutschen Version anzeigt. Ob das so ideal ist? Ich weiß es nicht. Aber Neo wird Dir da sicher weiter helfen können, meint zumindest
Walter

Hi Pete,
the functions for animations are entered by the modeller himself. To what extent bilingual entries can be combined with the MBS during upload is beyond my knowledge. But I could imagine that the necessary anim file in the MBS would then display the English version below the German version. Is that ideal? I do not know. But Neo will certainly be able to help you, at least he thinks so.
Walter

Hi Walter

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. As you have no doubt seen from the reply by EASY he too has made the same observation. I think it's now simply a question of waiting to see if Neo has any thoughts.

Cheers

Pete

Hallo Walter,

Vielen Dank, dass Sie sich die Mühe gemacht haben, zu antworten. Wie Sie zweifellos aus der Antwort von EASY ersehen haben, hat auch er die gleiche Beobachtung gemacht. Ich denke, es ist jetzt einfach eine Frage des Abwartens, ob Neo irgendwelche Gedanken hat.

Prost

Pete

Hi Pete,

it is currently not possible to translate internal model names (variations, animations, sounds, particle effects...) to different languages, but as the studio becomes more and more known internationally, there will also be the possibility of a translation in the future.

Kind regards,

Neo

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

Hi Pete,

it is currently not possible to translate internal model names (variations, animations, sounds, particle effects...) to different languages, but as the studio becomes more and more known internationally, there will also be the possibility of a translation in the future.

Kind regards,

Neo

Hi Neo

Thanks for that, it's something else to look forward to. Just out of curiosity, what percentage of members would you consider might constitute "being known more internationally"? I must admit that as a sad single language Brit I find it difficult to learn another language, I just don't have the ear for it, but as the alternative to German is already English in so many other areas of the program I am just a little surprised that you have not included this already in the areas that we are discussing. There again I know nothing of computer programming so am oblivious to the intricacies that would be required to make such alterations. Fingers crossed that you might find a way to introduce this sooner rather than later.

Kind regards

Pete