Making junctions with splines ...

Empfohlene Beiträge

Good evening...

Now that I have the trains running, the cars in their loops and pedestrians walking around, I'd like to improve the road layout with junctions. As the roads I have to play with are all passive '3D only', all is done with splines. I have made an experimental spline junction ('switch'..?), by lowering the unwanted splines with code like this ...

Guten Abend...

Jetzt, wo die Züge fahren, die Autos in ihren Schleifen und die Fußgänger herumlaufen, möchte ich das Straßenlayout mit Kreuzungen verbessern. Da die Straßen, auf denen ich spielen muss, alle passiv "nur 3D" sind, wird alles mit Splines gemacht. Ich habe eine experimentelle Spline-Verbindung ('switch' ..?) Hergestellt, indem ich die unerwünschten Splines mit Code wie diesem abgesenkt habe ...

Random spline path for junction etc ...
local lvi_Rand
lvi_Rand = math.random(1,3)

if lvi_Rand == 1 then
  $("Stra_Ahea").transformation.position = {x=0,y=0, z=0}
  $("Curv_Righ").transformation.position = {x=-0.76,y=1.18, z=-0.2}
  $("Curv_Left").transformation.position = {x=0.76,y=1.18, z=-0.2}
  $("Walk").transformation.position = {x=0,y=13, z=0}
  $("Walk").targetSpeed = 2
end
if lvi_Rand == 2 then
  $("Stra_Ahea").transformation.position = {x=0,y=0, z=-0.2}
  $("Curv_Righ").transformation.position = {x=-0.76,y=1.18, z=-0}
  $("Curv_Left").transformation.position = {x=0.76,y=1.18, z=-0.2}
end
if lvi_Rand == 3 then
  $("Stra_Ahea").transformation.position = {x=0,y=0, z=-0.2}
  $("Curv_Righ").transformation.position = {x=-0.76,y=1.18, z=-0.2}
  $("Curv_Left").transformation.position = {x=0.76,y=1.18, z=-0}
end

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.cdec3505a20fdbdd5d1351277674abba.jpg

Before I go any further, is there anything already available, even in prototype state, doing this same thing..? I don't want to waste too much time 'reinventing the wheel', but am quite willing to pursue my current path if there is no alternative. I'm sure I've seen posts in the Forum on a similar subject, but despite having looked and searched, I've found nothing recently (I'm probably not searching for the right terms; 'spline' & 'switch' didn't help much...)
Thanks in advance for any assistance or way forward offered; meanwhile...

Keep well, stay safe.

Bevor ich weiter gehe, gibt es bereits etwas, auch im Prototypenzustand, das dasselbe tut? Ich möchte nicht zu viel Zeit damit verschwenden, das Rad neu zu erfinden, bin aber durchaus bereit, meinen derzeitigen Weg fortzusetzen, wenn es keine Alternative gibt. Ich bin mir sicher, dass ich im Forum Beiträge zu einem ähnlichen Thema gesehen habe, aber obwohl ich gesucht und gesucht habe, habe ich in letzter Zeit nichts gefunden (ich suche wahrscheinlich nicht nach den richtigen Begriffen; 'Spline' & 'Switch' haben es nicht getan nicht viel helfen ...)
Vielen Dank im Voraus für jede Unterstützung oder den angebotenen Weg; inzwischen...

Bleib gut, bleib sicher.

Douglas

PS : In passing, I've discovered that the numbers entered into the x, y, z parameters seem to be in metres for some and millimetres for other layouts, depending on scale. I checked the scaling factor for my circuit, and it comes to 1/81, not the 1/87 (for HO...) I was expecting. The numbers in the code seem to be in metres, whatever the scale, so the scaling factor becomes important. Anyone else had issues with this..?

PS: Nebenbei habe ich festgestellt, dass die in die x-, y- und z-Parameter eingegebenen Zahlen je nach Maßstab für einige in Metern und für andere Layouts in Millimetern angegeben sind. Ich habe den Skalierungsfaktor für meine Schaltung überprüft und er beträgt 1/81, nicht 1/87 (für HO ...), den ich erwartet hatte. Die Zahlen im Code scheinen unabhängig von der Skalierung in Metern angegeben zu sein, sodass der Skalierungsfaktor wichtig wird. Hat sonst noch jemand Probleme damit ..?

Douglas,

If i understood well what you are looking for;

The switch on the picture could by a railway three way switch altered to a country road.  (edit > replace)

Bahnland model; 1 spur - additiv spurlinien. (the first one on the left in the catalog)

That model then set to "Road" and then again altered to "spurlinien rot" (within the proper options of the model)

The streets by the way are allways in "no restriction" settings. 1:1  m cm or mm.

So whatever your scale set up is, HO N or other, the way its showen is allways "no restrictions" but will follow the measurement setting of your board, M CM or MM

Again only with the model you can adjust this to the desired Scale. Then the measurements will adjust to the scale. But i guess that wont be nescessary for the roads.

With kind regards,

Bearbeitet von hubert.visschedijk

Thanks, Hubert; I'll try that a bit later this evening. I can't change (or replace...) the road items already in place, which is why I've adopted splines.
As for the numbers... I took the numbers from the parameter settings, put those numbers in my code and the splines shot off to another univers, almost..! I had to divide the copied numbers by 81 to get the splines in place. I would have thought that the parameter numbers (in whatever scale or units...) would be the same when using code. I'll try it again, though; maybe I messed up something somewhere.

Danke, Hubert; Ich werde das etwas später am Abend versuchen. Ich kann die bereits vorhandenen Straßenelemente nicht ändern (oder ersetzen ...), weshalb ich Splines übernommen habe.
Was die Zahlen betrifft ... Ich habe die Zahlen aus den Parametereinstellungen übernommen, diese Zahlen in meinen Code eingefügt und die Splines fast in ein anderes Universum abgeschossen. Ich musste die kopierten Zahlen durch 81 teilen, um die Splines in Position zu bringen. Ich hätte gedacht, dass die Parameternummern (in welcher Skala oder in welchen Einheiten auch immer ...) bei Verwendung von Code gleich wären. Ich werde es aber noch einmal versuchen; Vielleicht habe ich irgendwo etwas durcheinander gebracht.

Douglas

Hubert...

Ha..! I'm retired, so am in my armchair most of the time, day and night..!
I've looked at the country roads, even as splines, they are visible, and don't have a junction variant, so I can't use them on the layout I have. The closest are the Faller AMS roads; I'll see what I can do with them, making them invisible above the existing layout. Still, the most elegant solution would be pure spline, as they can be adapted for almost any topography.
Keep on keeping safe in these strange times. rWNVV2D.gif

Ha..! Ich bin im Ruhestand, also bin ich die meiste Zeit Tag und Nacht in meinem Sessel ..!
Ich habe mir die Landstraßen angesehen, auch wenn sie als Splines sichtbar sind und keine Kreuzungsvariante haben. Daher kann ich sie nicht für das Layout verwenden, das ich habe. Am nächsten sind die Faller AMS-Straßen; Ich werde sehen, was ich mit ihnen machen kann, um sie über dem vorhandenen Layout unsichtbar zu machen. Die eleganteste Lösung wäre jedoch reiner Spline, da sie für nahezu jede Topographie angepasst werden können.
In diesen seltsamen Zeiten bleiben Sie sicher. rWNVV2D.gif

Hallo / Hello @Dad3353,

Du kannst aus einem einfachen Spline-Straßenstück mit dem 3D-Modelleditor beliebige Straßenkonfigurationen, also insbesondere Abzweigungen oder Kreuzungen formen.
You can use the 3D model setup to create any street configuration, especially junctions or crossroads, from a simple spline street piece.

10674641_EinfacheLandstrae.thumb.jpg.f7a85c51e335be712620b61840d9eea6.jpg

Wähle beispielsweise das einfache Straßenstück aus und öffne den 3D-Modelleditor. Hier wird Dir die Spur 0 angezeigt, die in der Baugröße H0 eine gerade Länge von 120 mm besitzt. Klicke nun auf das "+"-Zeichen, um eine zusätzliche Spur hinzuzufügen.
For example, select the simple road piece and open the 3D model setup. Here you will see the route 0, which has a straight length of 120 mm in size H0. Now click on the "+" sign to add an additional route.

Weiche.thumb.jpg.99b6ee885d16e63bf9698c549841cc16.jpg

Wähle für die nun angezeigte Spur 1 besipielsweise als Geometrie einen Radius von 60 mm und einen Winkel von +90° (Rechtskurve). Und schon hast Du ein Straßenstück mit einer Abzweigung nach rechts.
For example, select a radius of 60 mm and an angle of +90° (right curve) as geometry for the now displayed route 1. And now you have a piece of road with a turn-off to the right.

Weichenstellungen.thumb.jpg.2bf76c02a9c924c8230dfd5a1012d193.jpg

Wechsle nun in das Fenster "Weichenstellungen", wo Du für jede der beiden Spuren einen Schalt-Zustand spezifizieren kannst. Hier habe ich als Weichenstellung 0 die Spur 0 und als Weichenstellung 1 die Spur 1 festgelegt. Nun kannst Du diese Abzweigung wie eine ganz normale Weiche schalten.
Now switch to the window "Switch positions", where you can specify a switching state for each of the two routes. Here I have set route 0 as switch position 0 and route 1 as switch position 1. Now you can switch this turnout like a normal switch.

Auf diese Weise kannst Du natürlich auch komplexere Straßenkonfigurationen - wie zum Beispiel eine Kreuzung - konstruieren.
This way, you can of course also construct more complex road configurations - such as a crossroad.

Viele Grüße / Many greetings
BahnLand

Excellent..! I'd have liked to have learned of this a few weeks ago..! I'll play around with it. It won't do, I fear, for the current layout, as the roads are too wide (maybe I could try to scale them to reduce their width..? Hmm...). I can see the potential of these, though, so thanks for the clear explanation, well illustrated.

Ausgezeichnet..! Ich hätte gerne vor ein paar Wochen davon erfahren ..! Ich werde damit herumspielen. Ich fürchte, es reicht für das aktuelle Layout nicht, da die Straßen zu breit sind (vielleicht könnte ich versuchen, sie zu skalieren, um ihre Breite zu verringern ..? Hmm ...). Ich kann jedoch das Potenzial dieser sehen, also danke für die klare Erklärung, die gut illustriert ist.

Hallo / Hello @Dad3353,

Du kannst das Bankett an den Straßenmodellen auch weglassen, indem Du eine andere Variation der Straße auswählst. Hier zwei Beispiele:
You can also omit the banquet on the street models by selecting a different variation of the street. Here are two examples:

1361327247_11StraenstckausKatalog.thumb.jpg.a6aeb6e3d5b46a279a864eb250c6d83d.jpg

Ziehe zunächst das gewünschte Straßenstück auf die Anlage.
First drag the desired road piece onto the system.

69898798_12Variationen.thumb.jpg.aaf658c2750c56318f410909a45695c4.jpg

Solange das Straßenstück ausgewählt (markiert) ist, wird unten rechts das Eigenschaftsfenster dazu angezeigt. Klicke auf das Pinsel-Symbol um die verschiedenen Variationen auswählen zu können.
As long as the road section is selected (marked), the properties window for it is displayed in the lower right corner. Click on the brush symbol to select the different variations.

Beim 1-spurigen Straßenstück gibt es Variationen mit Bankett (oben links), ohne Bankett (oben Mitte) und reine Fahrspur-Anzeigen (oben rechts, wie in diesem Beitrag von @hubert.visschedijk erwähnt). Das Straßenstück ohne Bankett ist deutlich schmäler als jenes mit Bankett.
For the 1-lane road there are variations with banquet (top left), without banquet (top middle) and pure lane displays (top right, as mentioned in this article by @hubert.visschedijk). The road piece without banquet is much narrower than the one with banquet.

Die beiden unteren Darstellungen (180°-Kurven) untersscheiden sich durch die Anzahl der Basis-Segmente des Straßenstücks. Die Variationen mit dem Suffix "einfach" verwenden große Segmente, weshalb die Kurven "eckiger" ausfallen als bei den Variationen mit dem Suffix "geteilt", bei dem auch enge Kuven rund erscheinen. Dafür benötigt die "geteilte" Variation deutlich mehr Polygone als die "einfache" Variation.
The two lower representations (180° curves) are distinguished by the number of base segments of the road piece. The variations with the suffix "einfach" (single) use large segments, which is why the curves are more "angular" than those with the suffix "geteilt" (split), where even narrow curves appear round. The "split" variation requires significantly more polygons than the "single" variation.

1085785645_13MehrspurigeStrae.thumb.jpg.e97e79776cc197aaaf1cd70e7601e6b9.jpg

Auch bei den mehrspurigen Straßenstücken gibt es welche mit und ohne Bankett. Alle Straßenmodelle in diesem Katalogverzeichnis sind nach gleichen Muster hergestellt und weisen entsprechende Variationen auf. Und alle diese Modelle können mithilfe des 3D-Modelleditors beliebig umkonfiguriert werden, so wie ich es im letzten Beitrag gezeigt habe.
Also the multi-lane streets are realized with and without banquet. All street models in this catalog directory are made with the same pattern and show corresponding variations. And all of these models can be reconfigured as desired using the 3D model setup, as I showed in the last article.

BahnLand

Bearbeitet von BahnLand

Lexicon, indeed..! I've started experimenting, and am coming up with more questions still..! It's great to have all of this knowledge passed on, though. Maybe it should be collected into a voluminous tome, to be linked to every time a new modeler comes to the Forum.

Lexikon in der Tat ..! Ich habe angefangen zu experimentieren und habe noch weitere Fragen ..! Es ist jedoch großartig, all dieses Wissen weiterzugeben. Vielleicht sollte es in einem umfangreichen Band gesammelt werden, um mit jedem verknüpft zu werden, wenn ein neuer Modellierer zum Forum kommt.

Well, I did warn; more questions, I'm afraid, as there are still mysteries. I have managed to make a working T-junction using the single-track road. I tried to do the same with the double-track road, and don't understand what's happening. As a straight road, there are two tracks, one for each direction. When I add a 90° turn-off, it becomes single-track, down the middle where there is the dotted line. My initial goal was to create the same as the single-track T-junction, but with two tracks, as in most real roads. What am I doing wrong, please..? I've attached the Test board I'm using, which has the successful single-track 'T' on the left, the original double-track straight in the middle, and the failed double-track turn-out on the right. I thought that I had followed the process posted above, but it's not given the result I expected. I'll be grateful for any advice; thanks in advance.

Nun, ich habe gewarnt; Ich fürchte, weitere Fragen, da es immer noch Rätsel gibt. Ich habe es geschafft, eine funktionierende T-Kreuzung über die einspurige Straße zu bauen. Ich habe versucht, dasselbe mit der zweigleisigen Straße zu tun, und verstehe nicht, was passiert. Als gerade Straße gibt es zwei Spuren, eine für jede Richtung. Wenn ich eine 90 ° -Abschaltung hinzufüge, wird sie einspurig in der Mitte, wo sich die gepunktete Linie befindet. Mein ursprüngliches Ziel war es, dasselbe wie die einspurige T-Kreuzung zu schaffen, jedoch mit zwei Spuren, wie auf den meisten realen Straßen. Was mache ich falsch, bitte ..? Ich habe das von mir verwendete Testboard angebracht, das links das erfolgreiche einspurige 'T', in der Mitte das ursprüngliche zweispurige gerade und rechts die fehlgeschlagene zweispurige Weiche aufweist. Ich dachte, ich hätte den oben beschriebenen Prozess befolgt, aber er hat nicht das erwartete Ergebnis geliefert. Ich bin für jeden Rat dankbar; Danke im Voraus.

_Road_Test.mbp

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Dad3353:

What am I doing wrong, please..?

You're trying to build the entire T as a single switch.

That's not a good idea, because you won't be able to steer cars independently. 
Setting the switch for one car means you're setting it for all cars coming from all directions.

It doesn't explain your wrong behaviour. That's a geometry problem.
But you can refrain from solving it, because it is advisable to build three separate switches anyway.

1 hour ago, Goetz said:

...it is advisable to build three separate switches anyway.

Excellent..! Now for the difficult part: how..? Apparently it's not done in the same way as for the single-track, which worked. Did I start out with the wrong piece..? Did I not correctly perform the process with the right piece..? Do I need to climb a dark hillside and utter incantations to the Unseen Forces that surround us, or sacrifice an innocent lamb..? There are secrets that unfold, day by day, and I learn each time something new.
Thanks for any revelation that can clear my obscurity. rWNVV2D.gif

Ausgezeichnet..! Nun zum schwierigen Teil: wie ..? Anscheinend ist es nicht so wie beim Single-Track, der funktioniert hat. Habe ich mit dem falschen Stück angefangen ..? Habe ich den Vorgang mit dem richtigen Stück nicht richtig durchgeführt? Muss ich einen dunklen Hügel erklimmen und Beschwörungsformeln an die unsichtbaren Kräfte richten, die uns umgeben, oder ein unschuldiges Lamm opfern? Es gibt Geheimnisse, die sich Tag für Tag entfalten, und ich lerne jedes Mal etwas Neues.
Vielen Dank für jede Offenbarung, die meine Dunkelheit beseitigen kann.
 rWNVV2D.gif

Douglas,

a two lane road allways consists of three lanes.

The middle one, which is has 0 as number on the x, is the 3d model and spline.

Left right and left lane are allways outside the middle lane (logical...hahahaha > stupid me) and the geometry has to be adapted.

For two lane roads there are pre estabilshed distances. Best thing to do is to open, again, the two lane road of Bahnland or the city streets of Feuerfighter to see those measurements. Have a look at the diferent routes But it is, considering your layout on 1;1 and in cm

Route 0 > x = 0 and as 3D model / spline

Route 1 > x = -187,05 and as Road / virtual

Route 2 > x = 187,05 and as Road / virtual

Now if you set a road to 90 degrees to the right, the road (again using the Bahnland road as example and the 1;1 and cm measurement) 

The settings will be

Route 0 > x = 0 / length is 1044, curve is 90 degrees.

Route 1 > x = -187,05 / Lenght will be 1044 + 187,05 (longer curve, left hand route) and offcourse also 90 degrees

Then for route 2 again x = 187,05 (never changes these 187,05 measurement) / length will be 1044 - 187,05 (shorter curve, right hand side) and again 90 degrees.

This is when you want an exact curve, When you manipulate the road as a spline, all this work wont be nescessary.

This is only a curve...

Now for the T crossing its another story.

There you will have to add all other routes as well and turn those aswell. And last but not least add all the switch states to them

Have a look at all the routes within this ID number to get an idea.

75369FAE-01DD-4D26-B754-8C47833AE3FD (this model is by Feuerfighter)

Many greetings,

Hubert

Douglas,

I forgot to mention; this is for editing a tow lane road.

If you want to edit the one lane road, both route 1 and 2 needs to be a road / spline instead of a road / virtual.

Otherwise the lanes wont appear.

Meaning; the one lane has the x on 0. Move it to -187,05 Leave it as it is; road / spline

Add a new route and set it for 187,05 > road / spline

Now you will have a two lane road, but with no middle (3d model) spline. Regular roads can be attached. Manipulated spline roads wont have the middle spline on the above created model to attach. Unless you add a third route again and set it as 3d model spline.

I have made the two above and added to your layout to have a look.

And since i was at it...i have copied your T and edited it aswell.

Notice that i have placed the 3D model / spline lanes as last in the serie of routes.

This is easier when you need to configure the switches. Meaning that the lanes needed for the switches allways appear in order, from 0 to the number of driveble lanes you have added. In this case the last two are the ones not to use for configuring the switches.

But i suggest you use the one lane models for this road. The marker lines will allways be there. Kinda funny, as of it was a paint failure.

road test edit 2.mbp

Douglas,

some draft models i have just uploaded of one lane switches to be set as a roundabout. I made those a while ago and makes part of a larger project that i cant seem to finish...

A0B413EF-A1B6-42AB-9329-94958A712CB3

409A1070-D41A-46EA-A120-6DE22EFB8D10

DB9176F3-B09B-4516-AAE6-13719E6E7BC5

DEBBFA21-E899-4C34-B322-E2FFF402A41F

8D27D17C-3036-4CC4-80B0-5539EE5723E4

Hallo / Hello @Dad3353,

eigentlich hat @hubert.visschedijk ja schon alles ausführlich beschrieben. Ich möchte es aber noch an ein paar Bildern verdeutlichen:
Actually @hubert.visschedijk has already described everything in detail. But I would like to illustrate it with some pictures:

488410432_21Doppelspur-Strae.thumb.jpg.c2da97641eb0c85e9813454d9ee350c4.jpg

Beim geraden 2-spurigen Straßenstück gibt es eine Spur für das Erzeugen der geometrischen Straßenform. Diese sitzt immer in der Mitte und ist daher keine Fahrspur für die Autos. Sie muss deshalb die Kategorie "Nur 3D-Modell" besitzen (rote Umrahmung bei Spur 0). Die "echten" Fahrspuren (Kategorie "Straße") müssen zusätzlich definiert werden (Spuren 1 und 2) und müssen gegenüber der "Modell-Spur" seitlich versetzt sein (hier die x-Position = -1,87 für die Verschiebung nach links (blau) und x-Position = +1,87 für die Verschiebung nach rechts (grün)). Da bei diesen beiden Spuren die Straße nicht neu gezeichnet werdern soll, wird der Typ dieser beiden Spuren auf "virtuell" gesetzt.
In the case of a straight 2-lane road section, there is one track for creating the geometric road shape. This is always in the middle and is therefore not a lane for the cars. It must therefore have the category "3D model only" (red frame for lane 0). The "real" lanes (category "Road") must be defined additionally (lanes 1 and 2) and must be laterally offset to the "Model lane" (here the x-position = -1.87 for the shift to the left (blue) and x-position = +1.87 for the shift to the right (green)). Since the road should not be redrawn for these two tracks, the type of these two tracks is set to "virtual".

1591976142_22FalscheAbzweig-Konfiguration.thumb.jpg.81eb048aa4dc2d0cd55719b3868efd17.jpg

Bei Deiner Weichendefinition ist die x-Position für alle 4 Spuren immer 0.  Deswegen befinden sich die Fahrspuren für die Autos immer auf dem Mittelstreifen. Dies ist genau der Effekt, den Du bei Deinen Versuchen beobachtet hast.
In your turnout definition the x-position for all 4 tracks is always 0, so the lanes for the cars are always on the central reservation. This is exactly the effect you have observed during your experiments.

246493890_23KorrekteKonfiguration.thumb.jpg.fc94314862ad02bc0daedc774d803e41.jpg

Korrekterweise müsstest Du hier 6 Spuren definieren, nämlich 2 Spuren für das Darstellen der Straßenzweige (geradeaus und nach rechts, Kategorie "Nur 3D-Modell", rote Markierungen im Bild) und 4 Fahrspuren für die Autos (2 x geradeaus und 2 x nach rechts, Typ = "Virtuell", um die Straße nicht mehrfach abzubilden, blaue und grüne Markierungen im Bild). Diese echten Fahrspuren müssen wie beim gerade 2-spurigen Straßenstück seitlich versetzt sein (nämlich um -1,87 m (links) und +1,87 m (rechts)). Hierbei fließt beim den gebogenen Fahrspuren dieser seitliche Versatz in den Radius der jeweiligen Fahrspur mit ein, damit die Fahrspuren im richtigen Abstand parallel zur Mittellinie verlaufen.
Correctly, you would have to define 6 lanes here, namely 2 lanes for representing the road branches (straight ahead and to the right, category "3D model only", red markings in the picture) and 4 lanes for the cars (2 x straight ahead and 2 x to the right, type = "virtual", to not show the road more than once, blue and green markings in the picture). These real lanes have to be shifted laterally (namely by -1.87 m (left) and +1.87 m (right)) like the straight 2-lane road section. In the case of the curved lanes, this lateral offset is included in the radius of the respective lane so that the lanes are parallel to the center line at the correct distance.

2097014584_24Weichenvarianten1.thumb.jpg.bab24b541f084ac753bb9467f29b7c0f.jpg

Platziert man nun auf diesem Weichenstück die Autos, rasten sie korrekt auf den nun richtig ausgerichteten Fahrspuren ein (im obigen Bild links oben). Was jetzt noch fehlt, ist die Konfiguration der Weichenschaltungen, wie ich es bei dem 1-spurigen Beispiel weiter oben skizziert habe. Allerdings müssen jetzt verschiedene Fahrwegs-Konfigurationen durch die Weichenschaltungen realisiert werden:
If you now place the cars on this piece of switch, they will snap correctly onto the now correctly aligned lanes (in the picture above top left). What's missing now is the configuration of the turnout circuits, as I sketched it in the 1-lane example above. But now different track configurations have to be realized by the turnout circuits:

1. beide Fahrspuren geradeaus / both lanes straight ahead
  2. beiden Fahrspuren abbiegend / turning on both lanes
  3. linke Fahrspur geradeaus + rechte Fahrspur abbiegend / left lane straight ahead + right lane turning
  4. rechte Fahrspur geradeaus + linke Fahrspur abbiegend (Achtung: Kollisionsgefahr! ;)) /
    right lane straight ahead + turning left lane (Attention: danger of collision! ;))

Sollen weitere Fahrmöglichkeiten berücksichtigt werden (beispielswiese bei einer Kreuzung oder T-Einfahrt), steigt die Anzahl der Weichenstellungen weiter an, von denen zu einem Zeitpunkt immer nur eine wirksam sein kann. Deshalb hat @hubert.visschedijk oben auch empfohlen, in diesem Fall die Fahrspuren als eigenständige Fahrwege zu realisieren.
If further driving possibilities are to be taken into account (e.g. at a crossing or T-entry), the number of switch positions increases further, of which only one can be effective at any given time. For this reason @hubert.visschedijk has recommended above to realize the lanes as independent routes in this case.

Dies zeigen die Darstellungen im obigen Bild oben rechts und die Reihe darunter. Hier sind für die Straßenverzweigung selbst nur die beiden Spuren 0 und 1 der Kategorie "Nur 3D-Modell" aus dem Bild darüber (mit den roten Einrahmungen) spezifiziert. Die eigentlichen Fahrspuren werden dagegen durch 1-spurige Weichen - dargestellt durch die Spurlinien-Variationen aus dem 1-spurigen Straßenmodell - realisiert. So lassen sich die linke und die rechte Fahspur der 2-spurigen Straße unabhängig voneinander umschalten (man kann beispielsweise die Autos auf der violetten Fahrspur abwechlungsweise geradeaus oder nach rechts fahren lassen, während die rote Fahrspur auf "Geradeaus" eingestellt bleibt). In der unteren Zeile habe ich die 2 übereinander zu legenden Straßen-Elemente nebeneinander aufgereiht. Diese Spurlinien müssen für den Betrieb natürlich ausgeblendet werden.
This is shown in the picture above, top right, and the row below. For the road junction itself only the two lanes 0 and 1 of the category "3D model only" from the picture above (with the red frames) are specified. The actual lanes, however, are realized by 1-lane switches - represented by the lane line variations from the 1-lane road model. This way, the left and right lane of the 2-lane road can be switched independently of each other (for example, you can let the cars on the purple lane drive alternately straight ahead or to the right, while the red lane remains set to "straight ahead"). In the bottom line I have lined up the 2 road elements to be placed on top of each other. These lane lines have to be faded out for operation, of course.

706694159_25Weichenvarianten2.thumb.jpg.f63a853b01fff4031be788050fefa203.jpg

Alternativ dazu kann man die mehrspurige Abzweigung auch komplett durch einspurige Straßenbausteine zusammenfügen. Man benötigt dazu nur zwei einfache Weichen, deren Radien genau auf den Abstand der zwei Fahrspuren des kompletten Straßenstücks abgestimmt sind. Ich habe die Abzweigung im obigen Bild links zur Veranschaulichung um 30° gekürzt und um ein 2-spuriges Straßenstück ergänzt. In der Bildmitte sind die Einzelteile getrennt dargestellt. Die fertige ABzweigung kann man noch mit Markierungen aus dem Online-Katalog (im selben Verzeichnis) ergänzen (rechts im Bild).
Alternatively, the multi-lane junction can be completely joined by single-lane road blocks. You only need two simple switches, whose radii are exactly adjusted to the distance between the two lanes of the complete road piece. I shortened the turnout in the picture above by 30° and added a 2-lane road section. In the middle of the picture the single parts are shown separately. The finished branch can be completed with markers from the online catalog (in the same directory; right in the picture).

BahnLand

Bearbeitet von BahnLand

Better and better, although I will have to construct a few before understanding all the (excellent...) explanations. I've not yet found how to do a full Tee junction using these methods, but will keep going.
How does this compare to the 'Traffic Light Tee-Junction' spline method that JimKnopf posted..? It seems, in appearance, to be much more simple, and at least has the merit of being clear and immediately visible as to what happens. Here's what I've presently got to play with...

Besser und besser, obwohl ich einige konstruieren muss, bevor ich alle (ausgezeichneten ...) Erklärungen verstehe. Ich habe noch nicht herausgefunden, wie man mit diesen Methoden eine vollständige Tee-Verbindung herstellt, werde aber weitermachen.
Wie verhält es sich mit der Spline-Methode 'Traffic Light Tee-Junction', die JimKnopf veröffentlicht hat? Es scheint viel einfacher zu sein und hat zumindest den Vorteil, klar und sofort sichtbar zu sein, was passiert. Hier ist, womit ich momentan spielen muss ...

Spline_Tee_Junction.mbp

Hallo / Hello @Dad3353,

hier einmal eine kurze Bildfolge, was Du mit Deiner mithilfe der "Virtuellen Spuren" gebauten Anlage anstellen kannst:
Here is a short sequence of pictures of what you can do with your layout built with the help of the "virtual tracks":

1127658786_31VirtuelleSpuren.thumb.jpg.168ece9c786f23b71dc2bca0f468df4a.jpg

Dies ist Deine ursprüngliche Anlage.
This is your original layout.

759764624_32ErsetzendurcheinspurigeStrae.thumb.jpg.c235cb1d097cce0ee8598a250322fa96.jpg

Selektiere nun alle Elemente vom Typ "Gleis/Straße" und ersetze diese durch das einspurige Straßenelement aus dem Online-Katalog.
Now select all elements of type "track/road" and replace them with the single-lane road element from the online catalog.

903559434_33DurcheinspurigeStraenersetzt.thumb.jpg.94de85d90a833c11ac7633aabe252f8c.jpg

Deine "Virtuellen Spuren" wurden jetzt alle durch die Standard-Variation des einspurigen Straßenelements ersetzt.
Your "Virtual Tracks" have now all been replaced by the default variation of the single-lane street element.

1848194480_34Ergebnis.thumb.jpg.9283d72b64b72fc9fde28faacd6fd0f6.jpg

Wenn Du keine Böschungen (Bankette) haben möchtest, kannst Du nun alle vorhandenen Straßenstücke zusammen auswählen und allen gemeinsam eine andere Variation des Straßen-Elements zuweisen.
If you don't want to have embankments (banquets), you can now select all existing road pieces together and assign a different variation of the road element to them all together.

360339155_35SchaltbareWeichen.thumb.jpg.73e43293aea52c59126c527070e5be6b.jpg

Hiernach sind selbst die ursprünglich (im ersten Bild) als blaue Linien dargestellten Weichen der "virtuellen Spuren" nun als entsprechende "Straßen-Weichen" funktionsfähig.
According to this, even the turnouts of the "virtual tracks" originally (in the first picture) shown as blue lines are now functional as corresponding "street turnouts".

BahnLand

At last..! I finally understood how a little of this stuff works..! I made, from scratch, my Tee-junction, using splines, and got it to toggle the vehicles to right and left. As the pedestrian crossings tended to create bunches of cars, these redistributes them, which is good..! Next task... Get the cars to obey the 'Stop' sign..!
Here's the spline view ...

Zu guter Letzt..! Ich habe endlich verstanden, wie ein bisschen von diesem Zeug funktioniert ..! Ich habe meine Tee-Kreuzung mit Keilen von Grund auf neu hergestellt und sie dazu gebracht, die Fahrzeuge nach rechts und links umzuschalten. Da die Fußgängerüberwege dazu neigten, Bündel von Autos zu bilden, verteilen diese diese neu, was gut ist ..! Nächste Aufgabe ... Lassen Sie die Autos das Stoppschild befolgen ..!
Hier ist die Spline-Ansicht ...

Clipboard03.thumb.jpg.8665a09ca23eea2ac8c394844cd2e387.jpg

... and the street view...

... und der Blick auf die Straße ...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.c5e9c72643477ef1f4d51a1f6ff9705f.jpg

Thanks to all for the contributions; every post has added a bit more until that 'light bulb' moment when it becomes clear.

Vielen Dank an alle für die Beiträge; Jeder Beitrag hat ein bisschen mehr hinzugefügt, bis der Moment der Glühbirne klar wird.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ccQJflw.png[/img]

Bob, very nice

If you dont mind that i make a small observation ?

The cars seem to invade the other lane a bit when entering the street. My suggestion would be the make shorter curves which start later on the route.

Have a look at this junction. You can add it to your board, to your streets even. It works.

On this junction, the cars that have to make a turn, go further up the middle of the road and then turn, without invading the other lane.

Just as a suggestion...

62B2CA1D-7224-41FD-B7D0-CC06B60FE04A

94B1A7D5-492F-4DAF-B9E7-30EBBEB7F63E

2805A5F5-C404-4050-B1D0-E3C19D54922F

6BB156EA-B9E0-4B3C-A9B0-162DE7D92B9C

FFCFCD80-C686-47A2-B14B-58D7962C205C

this is not a cataloog model, but a personal one from an ongoing project.