Traffic routes/track

Empfohlene Beiträge

Yes, thank you Goetz.

I didn't realise that you needed a reply.

I am nearly 76 years of age and all this is new to me even using a computer, I have this idea for many years now of this layout which I am trying create, but never having the room to construct it.

Someone said why not get a computer and do a virtual one and said that they had been told of 3D Train Studio, so here I am.

I think that as time goes on I will have many more questions to ask, so thank you again.

Eric

Hello Eric,

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

I am nearly 76 years of age

I'm turning 65 coming January.
And courtesy is something most people learn relatively early on, is it not?   ;)

Anyway - feel free to ask as much as you want.
A feedback helps people like me judge if we found a suitable explanation for you. Without feedback, we have no idea where you're standing.

About your current question:
This forum is full of information and none of us know by heart what's where.
Can you please point me in the right direction to find the "The first track plan" that you mentioned? So that I may look up what's written there about tracks and routes?

I found it. You're referring to the Wiki.

Cheers
Goetz

Bearbeitet von Goetz

Hello Eric,

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

Where do I access Traffic routes/track

for any objects you require, please open the "Online catalog"

1141763917_trackobjects1.jpg.eabd24a3f63f48ff91e94e92c25774bd.jpg

If you are looking for tracks, select the sub category "Thorougfares"

241087414_trackobjects2.jpg.ed9695c585641448ada4a6bc0283e8f1.jpg

It contains three sub sections. One for rail tracks, one for streets and one for invisible tracks.
"Tracks" is the sub section you want.

280653459_trackobjects3.jpg.c0c502381e46dbad2a5224c78a9284a3.jpg

best regards
Goetz

Bearbeitet von Goetz

Thanks for that Goetz, I have looked there but I expected a list of manufactures, for example, "Peco, Wren, Hornby etc.

Well, perhaps not Hornby as I don't know if it is sold in Germany.

Whilst I am here do you know of any small radius curved rails as the ones I have found are a little large also are there different ones, for example, 1st, 2nd radius to allow for a double-track system.

Sorry for all the questions.

Eric

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

I expected a list of manufactures

Which you'll find, as soon as you've selected your desired scale.

e.g. H0

643047679_trackobjects4.jpg.93caa6219d9371772dfe9003ec39de42.jpg

there's Hornby too

1633963_trackobjects5.thumb.jpg.31f0f87ac296d5573d8a0e6b66f7a490.jpg

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

Sorry for all the questions.

No need to feel sorry, Eric. We're here to help 
Goetz

Once again many thanks.

That was one of the reasons why I needed to make the baseboard a larger size because when I placed the curved rails I had selected I found that they just fit on the North/South baseboard length.

Looking at the pictures which you have just sent me I can now see that I was in the wrong gauge area.

Thanks again and I hope that's all the help which I need for now as it will probably be at the weekend now before I have another play with the program.

Eric

Hi Eric

I too am of a similar age to you. I found 3D Train Studio in early 2019, it was version 4 then, and I've been hooked ever since. My layouts too are a bit on the large size but my computer seems to cope although there were times when, with version 5 the frames per second began to nudge into the low 30's but version 6 seems to have improved this no end.

Like you too I had many questions, which looking back were pretty daft as many of the answers were so simple once they were pointed out to you. I've had and am still getting invaluable help from fellow members who constantly point me in the right direction and show me the error of my ways. My philosophy has always been one of jump in with both feet. If you make a mess then it's easier to put right on a computer than in reality so just go for it. When you really get stuck just ask other members and as Goetz has already said we are all here to help. We like answering all the daft questions as well as the more awkward ones. I'm still a newbie at this game so my limitation might just be with the daft questions, guys like Goetz and many others are much more knowledgeable so when I get really stuck I just ask and someone will have the answer for you.

Happy 3D Train modelling. Once you master the basics it really is great fun and it's surprising just what you can create with a bit of imagination, time and patience.

Pete 

1 hour ago, Eric Lord said:

Thank you, Pete, it's good to know that I am not the only one.

You are far from being the only one. I, too, have recently found this software and forum, and already pass too much time on my little trains and stuff..! Retirement, eh..?  :)

Sie sind weit davon entfernt, der einzige zu sein. Auch ich habe kürzlich diese Software und dieses Forum gefunden und verbringe bereits zu viel Zeit mit meinen kleinen Zügen und Sachen ..! Ruhestand, wie ..? :)

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

You're so very right Eric

I took semi retirement back in 2006 and have never really stopped since. MBS is, however, a really good distraction from much of every day life. I find that I spend anything up to 5, 6 hours each day/evening simply creating a layout that would be impossible to do so in reality. Like you when I started I found everything so strange. I read through the manual and experimented to learn how to create scenery, alter track and roads, place objects and if necessary adjust their sizes before getting into Event Management (EM) in order to program the automatic movement of trains, cars, people, cranes, level crossings etc. Even after almost two years I still have so much to learn and receive much assistance from others, much more knowledgeable than me. So stick with it, help is always at hand.

All the very best 

Pete