Smooth connection Streets - Streets without routes

Empfohlene Beiträge

I have been playing... I have managed to create two versions of a junction. The fist one I made by adding routes to a single lane road, and the second one by adding routes to a two-lane road. They both work after a fashion. The single lane one has road markings that move, while the two-lane one doesn't have a visible junction!

But if I can make these, with my limited skill set...?

Capture.JPG.c0a359b59fba0fbb8f413de1489ada9d.JPG

The one built from the single lane is selected, It does have two lanes and 6 routes, but I turned off the road markings because they were annoying me. The one built from the two-lane road is plugged into a little test track. The car is actually following the turning. I don't know why it's not visible.

Edit to add: I managed to get the turn off to show up, but now this junction also suffers from variable geometry road markings...

Bearbeitet von simonjackson1964
More information to add.

Hallo @simonjackson1964,

in V7 ändert sich der Strassenverkehr

Erweiterte Fahrphysik

• Fahrzeuge (z.B. Autos) können ein Ziel ansteuern und wählen dafür automatisch die richtigen Abzweigungen
  • Straßenkreuzungen besitzen keine Weichenstellungen mehr, da mehrere Autos gleichzeitig verschiedene Spuren befahren können

Hello @simonjackson1964,

in V7 the road traffic changes

Enhanced driving physics

Vehicles (e.g. cars) can head for a destination and automatically choose the right junctions to do so
    Road junctions no longer have turnouts, as several cars can use different lanes at the same time

Gruß Hermann

Hello Simon

vor 11 Minuten schrieb simonjackson1964:

having cars select the route automatically sounds good, but with trains, that would take some of the fun out of it...!

... which is why V7 will allow you to treat both very differently. You'll love it! :)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb simonjackson1964:

All very nice, but doesn't actually solve the problem that the only two junctions available that don't have pavements have a different road surface from the new country road set, and the white lines and verges are also different. See:

you could use this one.... all available in MBS

Crossing.jpg

Gerade eben schrieb hubert.visschedijk:

... some insights...

In V7 cars will be able to choose one of multiple connections at a junction. They do so by finding a path to a given target.
Trains will continue to follow the path which is defined by the settings of all switchpoints along the way.

Meaning: Both traffic types may obey a different set of rules, each better reflecting their "natural" behaviour.

When road surfacing is done, here in France, it's often done on only a short section (when it's been dug up, for instance...), and one will often see different surfaces. Turn shortcomings into qualities, and go for realism..? ;)

Wenn Straßenbelag hier in Frankreich gemacht wird, wird er oft nur auf einem kurzen Abschnitt ausgeführt (wenn er zum Beispiel ausgegraben wurde...), und man sieht oft verschiedene Oberflächen. Machen Sie Mängel in Qualitäten und setzen Sie auf Realismus. ;)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb simonjackson1964:

Well.................................. Seems it has no switches and no edit option to add them. I'm guessing it's designed for V7? Doesn't want to play at V6...

Its a group model so that all the pieces wont get offline when placing the crossing. Once on the right spot, ungroup it. Then the crossing will work because i have added all in the configuration, the same way as the "ready to go one"

What you can do is group the rest of the itens and connect them to the crossing. So that IF you move the crossing a bit, the grouped tines will follow on their own and keeping the original intended spot within the corssing.

Edited... forget... i just checked and i had allready done that.

Bearbeitet von hubert.visschedijk

Ah right, like the Marklin control panels. Gotcha! <tries again>

Right.

I hope you don't mind me saying but I'd loose the white lines on the edges. They're unnecessary as the road actually has it's own white lines built in, and they're actually misaligned slightly. Keep the centre lines and stop lines, but the stop line needs to be a bit longer...

Also, there's a question I've been dying to ask for ages, but I think it needs a new topic.

Thanks. I was doing that but got frustrated with replacing 7 existing junctions, so decided to take a break.

But I do need to ask and wasn't sure where: Roads in Germany, do they really have the "Priority over joining traffic" sign at every junction? I would have thought it would be more like a speed limit, where the sign is at the place where the priority starts, and the "end of priority" sign is at the point where it ends, and the priority applies to all junctions in between...?

My wild guess is that the "priority over joining traffic" sign goes allways with a "give way" sign on the side road, and not a stop sign.

If there is a stopsign on the side, no "priority signs"...

But... i could be wrong. 

And... depends on what you want to build. The model i made for you, you can the signs out. Just undo the group, take or change the signs e regroup all itens again.

be aware not to move any other parts or the road itself. Everything would be desalligned afterwards. And dont forget to link the itens to the road again. (so everything moves simultanious)

Bearbeitet von hubert.visschedijk

3 hours ago, simonjackson1964 said:

Thanks. I was doing that but got frustrated with replacing 7 existing junctions, so decided to take a break.

But I do need to ask and wasn't sure where: Roads in Germany, do they really have the "Priority over joining traffic" sign at every junction? I would have thought it would be more like a speed limit, where the sign is at the place where the priority starts, and the "end of priority" sign is at the point where it ends, and the priority applies to all junctions in between...?

Yes, you're right; the 'Clearway' sign is at the start of the section (usually at exit from a town or village...), and the black-diagonal-barred 'End of Clearway' sign at the end of the section. Usually found on major roads; in France, lesser roads have instead a white post with a red ring near the top at each intersection, to indicate that 'priority to be given to the right' is effective.  The 'Clearway' applies to most European roads; not so sure about the white post other than France, though. Hope this helps.

Ja, du hast Recht; Das Schild "Clearway" befindet sich am Anfang des Abschnitts (normalerweise am Ausgang einer Stadt oder eines Dorfes...) und das schwarz-diagonal-vergitterte Schild "End of Clearway" am Ende des Abschnitts. Normalerweise auf Hauptstraßen zu finden; in Frankreich haben kleinere Straßen stattdessen an jeder Kreuzung einen weißen Pfosten mit einem roten Ring in der Nähe des oberen Endes, um anzuzeigen, dass „Vorrang nach rechts“ wirksam ist. Die „Clearway“ gilt für die meisten europäischen Straßen; Bei dem weißen Posten außer Frankreich bin ich mir jedoch nicht so sicher. Hoffe das hilft.