KTM-5 (russ. Tram)

Bobah

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hallo Leute,

ich bin beim Zappen auf diese Doku gestoßen und bin begeistert! Wikipedia sagt dazu: "KTM-5 (russisch КТМ-5) ist die Bezeichnung eines von der Ust-Katawer Waggonbaufabrik in Ust-Kataw (Sowjetunion, heute Russland) gebauten vierachsigen Straßenbahn-Triebwagen-Typs. Er gehört nach dem tschechoslowakischen Tatra T3 zu den meistgebauten Straßenbahnwagen der Welt."

Besteht außer bei mir noch bei anderen Interesse dieses Modell dem MBS hinzuzufügen? Die Auswahl an Trams ist zZ ja noch recht überschaubar. Da ich selbst leider (noch) nichts zum Modellbau beitragen kann ist diese Anfrage natürlich rein fakultativ zu sehen und ich bedanke mich darum auch für jedwede Antwort hier, geschweige denn ein Angebot dies sogar umzusetzen. =)

Hier noch Bilder zweier Arbeitswagen (quasi Pick-Up-Trucks^^) mit offener Ladefläche, wobei ich die im verlinktem Video bei Minute 6:05 gezeigte Version mit Verdeck und Kranvorrichtung noch interessanter finde.

Bild 1 und Bild 2

LG Bobah

Good evening, @Bobah...

If I could pick up on the phrase 'I unfortunately cannot (yet) contribute anything to the model building', may I humbly suggest that there is nothing that difficult nor complicated in producing at least modest models, and that I'm sure that, if a dummy such as I can do it, you are surely at least equally as capable..? I, too, admire the magnificent work of the many experts here, but they all, without exception, started out with about as much ability as you or I. I would suggest that the tram you've seen, posted above, is a fine example of what to start out on, as it is relatively easy to make, if one is not too discerning about fine detail. I am, myself, an absolute beginner, albeit with the advantage of being retired, and therefore time to consecrate. I had a quick look on t'web, and found a few decent pictures to model from, and have started to see what I can make of it. In a very primitive form I could have a version up and running this evening, modelled with Blender, with an advantage in having to hand a set of bogies to use as wheelsets already made for other projects. I insist : I'm a complete novice; if you're able to load Blender into your PC you could do the same in a short time, and be able, in the weeks, months and years ahead, improve your own skills and create the models you want. The degree of perfection depends only on yourself and the time spent picking up hints, tips and trials to learn how to get the details better and better.
Here's my present 'state of affairs', with a Cube surrounded by the Reference images I'll model from, and a bogie (not difficult to make, either...). I'll see if I can get this onto a test track this evening, and post the results here. You can do the same, I'm sure... B|

Wenn ich den Satz „Ich kann leider (noch) nichts zum Modellbau beitragen“ aufgreifen könnte, darf ich demütig vorschlagen, dass es nichts Schwieriges und Kompliziertes ist, zumindest bescheidene Modelle zu produzieren, und ich bin sicher, dass wenn ein dummy wie ich das kann, bist du sicher mindestens genauso fähig..? Auch ich bewundere die großartige Arbeit der vielen Experten hier, aber alle haben ausnahmslos mit ungefähr so viel Können begonnen wie Sie oder ich. Ich würde sagen, dass die Straßenbahn, die Sie oben gesehen haben, eine feine ist Beispiel für den Anfang, da es relativ einfach zu machen ist, wenn man nicht zu sehr auf feine Details achtet. Ich selbst bin ein absoluter Anfänger, wenn auch mit dem Vorteil, im Ruhestand zu sein und somit Zeit zum Weihen. Ich habe einen kurzen Blick auf t'web geworfen und ein paar anständige Bilder zum Modellieren gefunden und habe angefangen zu sehen, was ich daraus machen kann. In einer sehr primitiven Form könnte ich heute Abend eine Version in Betrieb nehmen, die mit Blender modelliert wurde, mit dem Vorteil, dass ich einen Satz Drehgestelle abgeben musste, um sie als Radsätze bereits für andere Projekte zu verwenden. Ich bestehe darauf: Ich bin ein absoluter Neuling; Wenn Sie in der Lage sind, Blender auf Ihren PC zu laden, können Sie dasselbe in kurzer Zeit tun und in den kommenden Wochen, Monaten und Jahren Ihre eigenen Fähigkeiten verbessern und die gewünschten Modelle erstellen. Der Grad der Perfektion hängt nur von Ihnen selbst und der Zeit ab, die Sie damit verbringen, Hinweise, Tipps und Versuche zu sammeln, um zu lernen, wie man die Details immer besser bekommt.
Hier ist mein gegenwärtiger "Stand der Dinge", mit einem Würfel, umgeben von den Referenzbildern, aus denen ich modellieren werde, und einem Drehgestell (auch nicht schwer zu machen ...). Ich werde sehen, ob ich das heute Abend auf eine Teststrecke bekomme und die Ergebnisse hier posten. Das kannst du auch machen, da bin ich mir sicher...

1593016319_2021-09-1621_00_11-Blender_C__ProgramData__Blender_Tram_KTM-5_Tram_KTM-5_00_01.blend.thumb.jpg.214f376e2167c325ca2d1d57a1ca59c4.jpg

1 hour ago, hubert.visschedijk said:

This one?

? ? ? Who is this addressed to..?

@Bobah...

Here's the result. Not very pretty (yet...), but only a few minutes, really (OK, half an hour, but who's counting..?). It's only a painted cube for now; I'll get the profile battered into shape, add the glass and an interior, improve the bogies... I don't know how to get the doors and pantograph animated yet, but that's the fun, isn't it..? Learning how to do those things. Wouldn't you like to try, just  simple one at first..? Go on; I'm sure you'd like it, once bitten by the bug..! ;)

Hier ist das Ergebnis. Nicht sehr schön (noch...), aber nur ein paar Minuten, wirklich (OK, eine halbe Stunde, aber wer zählt...?). Im Moment ist es nur ein bemalter Würfel; Ich bringe das Profil in Form, füge das Glas und eine Innenausstattung hinzu, verbessere die Drehgestelle... Ich weiß noch nicht, wie man die Türen und den Stromabnehmer animiert, aber das ist der Spaß, nicht wahr..? Lernen, wie man diese Dinge tut. Möchten Sie es nicht versuchen, nur einfach zuerst...? Mach weiter; Ich bin sicher, Sie würden es mögen, wenn es einmal vom Käfer gebissen wurde..! ;)

1 minute ago, hubert.visschedijk said:

Yes, sorry. Thats the Tatra i think. And the model is available to be converted for MBS. Owner has authorized.

kind regards

I know nothing of 'Rule The Rail', but I did a conversion from SketchUp of the Regiolis, and it's sill not finished..! I learned a lot doing that, the most important lesson being to avoid conversions, if possible..! I'm useless at this stuff still, but I find it far easier to start again from scratch rather than import stuff made for other software. Maybe I'm not doing it right, of course, or have just been unlucky, but even just sorting out the component parts was many evenings, and manipulating complex faces was too much, in the end. I'm pleased with the result I got, but I'd think long and hard before doing that again..! 9_9

Ich weiß nichts über 'Rule The Rail', aber ich habe eine Konvertierung von SketchUp der Regiolis gemacht, und es ist noch nicht fertig..! Dabei habe ich viel gelernt, die wichtigste Lektion ist, Bekehrungen nach Möglichkeit zu vermeiden..! Ich bin immer noch nutzlos in diesem Zeug, aber ich finde es viel einfacher, noch einmal von vorne anzufangen, anstatt Sachen zu importieren, die für andere Software gemacht wurden. Vielleicht mache ich es natürlich nicht richtig oder hatte einfach Pech, aber schon das Aussortieren der Einzelteile war viele Abende und das Manipulieren komplexer Gesichter war am Ende zu viel. Ich bin mit dem Ergebnis zufrieden, aber ich würde lange überlegen, bevor ich es wieder tue..! 9_9

Well, converting models of RTR still has a lot of work in it.

First the x-file needs to be converted to a editable mesh file as i call it. A collada, DEA or 3DS or whatever you use as program to edit.

Since i use SKP, DEA for me. (Some free online mesh converters on the internet)

And, in RTR the ,models are lined up on the Z-axle before making the x-file. 

So, using SKP as an example, the model needs to placed over the X-axle. Thats a lesser problem.

Then comes resizing, drawing bogies and the interior and in the case of this model, the pantographs also. Since there is nothing of that (the interior) in the texture, needs to be searched for on the internet. Texture needs to be remade anyhow from zilch.

The bogies in RTR normally are flat images of it. Nothing 3D. And then there are the animations..

Not even speaking of painting. The only real advantage that you have with a model of RTR is that the "body" has his shape and that adjusting it is easier.

So, still a lot to do to make it suitable for MBS. Karel has autorized the use of his models to be converted for MBS. Free of use. We just need to mention his name in the modelspecs.

He has made some nice ones, but all from the Czeck rep.

http://rtrmodels.weebly.com/models.html

Many greetings

pantograf.jpg

t3.jpg

t3win.jpg

Bearbeitet von hubert.visschedijk

On the understanding that I'm not, myself, aiming for high-resolution scale models, I'm quite happy, for the moment, to have made one bogie which I use over and over. I wouldn't consider modelling suspension parts, and have a low-poly set of seats which I put inside. Having 'correct' loco numbers or lettering is, for me, far from my priorities; I'm pleased enough if the lettering is not mirrored..! Baby steps is what I'm taking, even if those steps are taking me further every day. Giant strides are well over my horizon..!
I've formed the 'cigar' shape for the KTM, and will start cutting out the glass. I create a cube for this, shaped like the window side view (rounding the corners a little...), but much wider than the body. I push this through the body, duplicate as required, then use a Boolean Modifier to cut away the body. This won't work in quite the same way for doors, but I'm not there yet; that's for soon... :D

46 minutes ago, hubert.visschedijk said:

Bogies for me also are a tough job ...

For the moment, for me, it's a case of 'one size fits all' ..! : D

Here's my 'glass cutter' in action. First, with the Modifier cubes pushed through the body ...

At the moment it is a case of 'one size fits all' for me ..!

Here is my 'glass cutter' in action. First pushed through the body with the modifier cubes ...

817780352_2021-09-1700_41_27-Blender_C__ProgramData__Blender_Tram_KTM-5_Tram_KTM-5_01_01.blend.thumb.jpg.9ba9ecffa33bf986d1b8ceeb99ce43c6.jpg

... then the body, once they're removed ...

... dann die Leiche, wenn sie entfernt sind ...

556181892_2021-09-1700_41_41-Blender_C__ProgramData__Blender_Tram_KTM-5_Tram_KTM-5_01_01.blend.jpg.ae89dbf043647ec81caca004450e6cbf.jpg

Taking shape, slowly ... :)

Form annehmen, langsam... :)

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

A short progress report of sorts. The results of several days of trial and (much...) error have brought fruits but not of a tangible sort as yet. I think I've stepped in all the possible traps, and found the way to deal with each one, and now am fairly confident that the rest will no take too long. Here, then, is today's version, after having advanced, hit a wall, gone back several steps, advanced again, hit another wall, gone several steps back...
A learning curve, and very instructive, if only in deciding to plan ahead for so many things. I've now established a unique, one-file Colour material, with a matching set of Metal, Roughness and Emissive files, which may serve for many more projects. Getting this set up was, in itself, a major task, as any modifications imply going through the UV process once again. Much time was wasted (invested..?) in finding the best format (for me...), but now I should be able to speed up the colouring process for this and future models...

Eine Art kurzer Fortschrittsbericht. Die Ergebnisse mehrerer Tage des Ausprobierens und (viel...) Irrtums haben Früchte getragen, aber noch nicht greifbar. Ich glaube, ich bin in alle möglichen Fallen getappt und habe den Weg gefunden, mit jeder fertig zu werden, und bin jetzt ziemlich zuversichtlich, dass der Rest nicht allzu lange dauern wird. Hier also die heutige Version, nachdem ich vorgerückt, gegen eine Wand gestoßen, mehrere Schritte zurückgegangen bin, wieder vorgerückt, eine andere Wand getroffen habe, mehrere Schritte zurück gegangen bin...
Eine Lernkurve und sehr lehrreich, wenn auch nur bei der Entscheidung, für so viele Dinge im Voraus zu planen. Ich habe jetzt ein einzigartiges Ein-Datei-Farbmaterial mit einem passenden Satz von Metall-, Rauheits- und Emissionsdateien erstellt, das für viele weitere Projekte dienen kann. Die Einrichtung dieser Einrichtung war an sich schon eine große Aufgabe, da alle Änderungen einen erneuten UV-Prozess erfordern. Es wurde viel Zeit verschwendet (investiert...?), um das beste Format (für mich...) zu finden, aber jetzt sollte ich in der Lage sein, den Färbeprozess für dieses und zukünftige Modelle zu beschleunigen...

1010970489_2021-09-2101_47_10-___SimpleOval_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.2eef2cdc58ff0e972dd57063f8343791.jpg 

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

A bit more done, today, and more lessons learned..! The doors are not yet animated; maybe this evening..? I'll put the glass in, too, then get going on the Pantograph, and maybe 'improve' the notion of corrugated sides. It's getting there... B|

Heute ein bisschen mehr getan und mehr Lektionen gelernt..! Die Türen sind noch nicht animiert; vielleicht heute abend..? Ich setze auch das Glas ein, dann fahre ich mit dem Pantographen los und "verbessere" vielleicht die Vorstellung von gewellten Seiten. Es kommt an... B|

1854143335_2021-09-2118_54_14-___SimpleOval_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.319d42c11d71a2d7aafd18cb0a1e4e19.jpg

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Dad3353:

and maybe 'improve' the notion of corrugated sides

Would this one help ? (Dont mind the color, i took a screen shot of your model above, sampled the color and repainted the original texture)

I you want to give me the HEX of your red, i can redo this one. There are others also, have a look. My bible for corrugated plates :D https://www.sketchuptextureclub.com/textures/materials/metals/corrugated

Red corrugated.jpg

Red corrugated2.jpg

(y)

It would, indeed, if I was 'painting' the individual panels, but the way this has been constructed (the body is one big cube, with few faces...), I'm projecting a complete sides/front/back onto it. I've recovered a suitable set of views (from a Russian Obj, imported then screen-printed...), which give decent enough rendering, if I'm careful. I've saved them just the same, and thanks, as they'll be very handy. Here's the present state of the poor thing...

Es wäre in der Tat, wenn ich die einzelnen Paneele "bemalen" würde, aber so wie dies konstruiert ist (der Körper ist ein großer Würfel mit wenigen Gesichtern...), projiziere ich eine komplette Seite/Vorderseite/Rückseite auf es. Ich habe einen geeigneten Satz von Ansichten wiederhergestellt (von einem russischen Obj, importiert und dann per Siebdruck ...), die ein anständiges Rendering ergeben, wenn ich vorsichtig bin. Ich habe sie trotzdem gespeichert, und danke, da sie sehr praktisch sein werden. Hier ist der gegenwärtige Zustand des armen Dings...

1300763177_2021-09-2120_50_39-___SimpleOval_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.2c1f39517420974f043e8d640fab5e43.jpg

Great !

and sharing my experience;

Nice thing off the texture is in my opinion that you only need to lower image i have added.

At least, that is what i add in the main texture. The narrow part i stretch to cover the model (seamless), the widher part i downsize to not lose the visibilty of the detail of the "stripes".

Here the three stages of how i paint the roof of the zephyr wagons.

With kind regards

1688761803_Silverskyrwagonworkfile21.thumb.jpg.23fc1bb75fd5d7791e847207f85b015e.jpg

resulting in this

horizon.thumb.jpg.2a634b87ebce6fd379520c871417b1e3.jpg

And I was doing so well... :(

Apparently Blender and MBS have differing opinions as to what constitutes 'positioning' and 'parenting'. The Planes I was using for glass are Children of the doors, and move with them. MBS does things otherwise, it would seem. Here's the Blender, then the MBS import of the same vehicle...

Und mir ging es so gut... :(
Anscheinend haben Blender und MBS unterschiedliche Meinungen darüber, was „Positionierung“ und „Elternschaft“ ausmacht. Die Flugzeuge, die ich für Glas verwendet habe, sind Kinder der Türen und bewegen sich mit ihnen. MBS macht Dinge anders, wie es scheint. Hier der Blender, dann der MBS-Import des gleichen Fahrzeugs...

356796685_2021-09-2203_02_59-BlenderC__ProgramData__Blender_Tram_KTM-5_Tram_KTM-5_02_14_Open.blend.thumb.jpg.ce6d625b17beb630fa99500d40672e14.jpg

472412472_2021-09-2203_03_40-___SimpleOval_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.687e065e62dbb437f25cfb1aaa791b66.jpg

Never mind; I'll do the glass in a different fashion, making Faces of the window cut-outs. It's just another evening spent learning not to trust in full compatibility, or, at least, to test it first before spending too much time on it. A task for tomorrow, now, as it's late (again...).
And I was doing so well..! :(

Macht nichts; Ich mache das Glas auf eine andere Art und Weise, indem ich Gesichter der Fensterausschnitte mache. Es ist nur ein weiterer Abend, an dem wir lernen, nicht auf die volle Kompatibilität zu vertrauen oder sie zumindest zuerst zu testen, bevor Sie zu viel Zeit damit verbringen. Eine Aufgabe für morgen, jetzt, da es (wieder) spät ist.
Und mir ging es so gut..! :(

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Dad3353:

Apparently Blender and MBS have differing opinions as to what constitutes 'positioning' and 'parenting'. The Planes I was using for glass are Children of the doors, and move with them. MBS does things otherwise, it would seem. Here's the Blender, then the MBS import of the same vehicle..

This is where @maxwei could step in and serve you with his analisys of what would be the reason of that...

I am sure he knows. 

(hint hint hint ...... ;))

With kind regards

Well, I changed the method anyway (I started last night, but couldn't do it all, but now the glass is correct...). Here's a brief simulation...

Nun, ich habe die Methode trotzdem geändert (ich habe gestern Abend angefangen, konnte aber nicht alles machen, aber jetzt stimmt das Glas...). Hier eine kurze Simulation...

1347322573_2021-09-2212_48_40-___SimpleOval_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.6b3f1dbe40748c8d17cd2c1f544e8ff3.jpg

Still the pantograph to make, and the animations, but we're nearly there...

Der Stromabnehmer muss noch erstellt werden und die Animationen, aber wir sind fast am Ziel...

Hi DAD

If you have a child/parent relationship then any modifications from the parent will be passed to the child in the export.
To prevent this, you must first perform a CTRL "A" on the parent with the object selected (perform each of these individually).
Only then do you transfer the child to the parent..

CTRL "A" 

Quote:
Apply size and rotation. The rotation and dimensions
of the Object are assigned to the ObData (Mesh, Curve, etc.). At first glance, it appears as if nothing has changed, but this can have considerable consequences for animations or texture)

with kind regards

max

2 minutes ago, maxwei said:

...To prevent this, you must first perform a CTRL "A" on the parent with the object selected (perform each of these individually).
Only then do you transfer the child to the parent..

(y)

Thanks, Max; duly noted (until the next time that I forget, and it all goes cock-eyed again...). I've had issues due to this before, concerning Scale, but hadn't realised that it needs doing systematically. Isn't Blender just wonderful..? 9_9 

Danke, Max; gebührend notiert (bis ich es das nächste Mal vergesse und alles wieder schief geht...). Ich hatte deswegen schon früher Probleme mit Scale, hatte aber nicht gemerkt, dass es systematisch gemacht werden muss. Ist Blender nicht einfach wunderbar...? 9_9

Oh dear; another conundrum...

The 'scale' height of this Russian tram leaves the pantograph well below the 'standard' MBS catenary lines. Here's a comparison picture with an ICE3 ...

Die „Maßstabshöhe“ dieser russischen Straßenbahn lässt den Stromabnehmer deutlich unter den „normalen“ MBS-Oberleitungslinien liegen. Hier ein Vergleichsbild mit einem ICE3 ...

122093004_2021-09-2217_07_35-_Bare_Boar_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.c0bd640a84767e7731b980e0b31a1cdf.jpg

Hmm... A few alternatives... I could scale up the whole pantograph until it meets the power lines... I could cheat with the angles and have it raise the contacter further up... I could 'pretend' that it's getting power by 'magic'... I could insist on having tram-friendly catenary sets... I could leave the pantograph lowered (and push the wagon around with my thumb...)...
I note that others have had similar dilemmas, solved in more or less elegant fashion in differing ways...
Any opinion on best route to take..?

Hmm... Ein paar Alternativen... Ich könnte den gesamten Stromabnehmer hochskalieren, bis er auf die Stromleitungen trifft... Ich könnte mit den Winkeln schummeln und den Schütz weiter nach oben heben lassen... Ich könnte so tun, als wäre es Strom bekommen durch 'Magie'... Ich könnte auf straßenbahnfreundliche Oberleitungssätze bestehen... Ich könnte den Stromabnehmer abgesenkt lassen (und den Wagen mit dem Daumen herumschieben...)...
Ich stelle fest, dass andere ähnliche Dilemmata hatten, die mehr oder weniger elegant auf unterschiedliche Weise gelöst wurden...
Irgendeine Meinung zur besten Route..?

20807430_2021-09-2217_27_23-_Bare_Boar_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.02cff0f308650e863bc17ebdb10559c6.jpg

Das bringt mich zu der Frage wie elektrifizierte Straßenbahnen an Bahnübergängen mit Oberleitung vorbeikommen.o.O Also in natura mein ich...^^
btw @Dad3353 vielen vielen Dank für deine Arbeit, sieht schon jetzt klasse aus! <3

This brings me to the question of how electrified streetcars pass level crossings with overhead wires.o.O I mean in reallity...^^
btw Dad3353 many many thanks for your work, already looks great! <3