Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello Eric,

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

Have you any idea why?

I guess, it kind of makes sense?   :D

No, sorry - just kidding.
I can't say why it isn't in the folder that you chose when saving and sharing the layout. 
I'd have to watch what you're doing, in order to know what's happening and why.

Greets
Goetz

Morning Goetz,

I have just been on my other PC and once again the layout hasn't been updated, so here what I do when I upload to the internet.

1. Cl7ck on Save and Share.

2. Layouts to Extend then next.

3. Then next again.

4. The green bar comes across the box for upload.

5. A green circle with a tick in the centre appears the click close.

Help Eric

Morning Neo

I have just been on my other PC and once again the layout hasn't been updated, so here what I do when I upload to the internet.

1. Click on Save and Share.

2. Layouts to Extend then next.

3. Then next again.

4. The green bar comes across the box for upload.

5. A green circle with a tick in the centre appears then I click close.

Help Eric

Hi Eric,

due to internal caching mechanisms, new content is only downloaded from the online catalog every 30 minutes. Please note that the online catalog is not designed for personal backups or file transfers between private PCs. The online catalog should only be used for sharing layouts with other people.

Kind regards,

Neo

Hi Neo,

Thanks for your reply.

That's not what I wanted to hear, so can you tell me if there is a way to access my layout from 2 PCs?

The thing is though even accounting for the uploading not being what I require the problem remains that even after a days wait my layout on another PC has not changed from before.

Eric

Hi Goetz,

Here is Neo's reply which dosn't help.

Hi Eric,

due to internal caching mechanisms, new content is only downloaded from the online catalog every 30 minutes. Please note that the online catalog is not designed for personal backups or file transfers between private PCs. The online catalog should only be used for sharing layouts with other people.

Kind regards,

Neo

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Eric Lord:

Here is Neo's reply

I can see his reply, Eric.  (Same as you can see what everyone else is writing in this forum.)
You don't need to repeat it.

He explains that the online catalog wasn't designed with your specific purpose in mind.
He's however not saying, that you mustn't do it.
And the fact that there's a time delay between upload and download, shouldn't present a problem to you, when you want to use your PC today and your laptop tomorrow?

So - onwards. Build the railway world of your dreams   ;)

Hi Eric

Not too sure if this will help but I too use both a desktop PC and a laptop. My simple solution is to create a back up on whichever computer I am using onto either a USB stick or even an SD card if it has a large enough capacity and then simply transfer from one computer to another. Therefore any work done on one and saved on to it and the USB or memory card can be inserted into your other computer and away you go.

The layout that I am currently working on is already up to 3890KB so I know that this system works you just need to make sure you copy the whole directory and not just a small piece.

Hope this helps.

Pete