I need to know more about Contact Points (_CP...)

Empfohlene Beiträge

I've read the topics I've found, and the notes I made a while ago, but there are missing parts to my knowledge, apparently. Here's what I'm trying to do, and the results so far...

I have a saddled Horse, and a Rider. I want to have the Rider attach to the Horse using _CP Contact Points. I use Blender. I have created a Plane, 1cm square, textured, named _CP01 and placed at the spot on the saddle where I which the connection to occur. I've created a similar Plane, named _CP02, placed on the seat of the Rider where I want contact with the Horse's Saddle. Here's a screenshot, with the Rider dragged to the scene on the left, and the Contact Point connection on the right. The poor girl..! If I move the Horse, the Rider doesn't follow. What am I doing wrong, please..?

Ich habe die Themen, die ich gefunden habe, und die Notizen, die ich vor einiger Zeit gemacht habe, gelesen, aber meines Wissens fehlen anscheinend Teile. Folgendes versuche ich zu tun und die bisherigen Ergebnisse...

Ich habe ein gesatteltes Pferd und einen Reiter. Ich möchte, dass sich der Reiter über _CP-Kontaktpunkte mit dem Pferd verbindet. Ich benutze Blender. Ich habe eine Ebene, 1cm quadratisch, texturiert, mit dem Namen _CP01 erstellt und an der Stelle auf dem Sattel platziert, an der ich die Verbindung herstellen soll. Ich habe ein ähnliches Flugzeug namens _CP02 erstellt, das auf dem Sitz des Reiters platziert wird, wo ich Kontakt mit dem Sattel des Pferdes haben möchte. Hier ist ein Screenshot, bei dem der Rider links in die Szene gezogen wird und die Kontaktpunktverbindung rechts. Das arme Mädchen..! Wenn ich das Pferd bewege, folgt der Reiter nicht. Was mache ich falsch, bitte..?

698357644_2021-10-1616_07_47-_Wilk_Test_01_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.3d988881baf399b90eb2ae6ad4ef8b6c.jpg

Hello, @Dad3353,

Look Wiki.

Special Objects

• _CP - Beginnt ein Objekt mit diesem Namen, dann wird es als Kontaktpunkt interpretiert. Kontaktpunkte verbinden sich automatisch mit anderen Kontaktpunkten. Die Ausrichtung des Objekts bestimmt dabei die Richtung, in die ein Objekt beim Verbinden gedreht wird. Kontaktpunkte werden nicht gezeichnet, ihre Geometrie spielt daher für das 3D-Modellbahn Studio keine Rolle.
    • _CP_Source - Ab V6. Der Kontaktpunkt wird automatisch mit anderen Kontaktpunkten verknüpft, die als Ziel markiert sind (_Target). Beispiel: Ein Kontaktpunkt eines Ladeguts. Wird die Ladung auf einem Wagon platziert, wird diese mit dem Wagon verknüpft und bewegt sich automatisch mit.
    • _CP_Target - Ab V6. Der Kontaktpunkt wird automatisch mit anderen Kontaktpunkten verknüpft, die als Quelle markiert sind (_Source). Beispiel: Ein Kontaktpunkt auf einem Wagon. Wird eine Ladung auf dem Wagon platziert, wird diese mit dem Wagon verknüpft und bewegt sich automatisch mit.

This will solve you problem, and moves the Rider with the horse.

VG,

Hawkeye

PS: Sorry for German Description, but „Wiki“ currently  is not available in English.

Bearbeitet von Hawkeye

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

... Look Wiki ...

PS: Sorry for German description, but "Wiki" is currently not available in English.

Excellent; thanks for that. I had read the Wiki, but too long ago to have remembered what I'd read..! Google translates it all rather well (I hope that these posts of mine are translated into German correctly; I wouldn't know ...). When reading the posts on the Forum, there is much that doesn't translate, though, especially what I hope is German humour, and the railway abbreviations.
I'll adjust my _CP's and see what happens. Maybe moving Riders soon..! Yippee..! (throws imaginary Stetson into the air with a 'Whoop..!'...)

Exzellent; Dank dafür. Ich hatte das Wiki gelesen, aber es war zu lange her, um mich daran zu erinnern, was ich gelesen hatte..! Google übersetzt das alles ziemlich gut (ich hoffe, dass diese Beiträge von mir richtig ins Deutsche übersetzt sind; ich wüsste nicht ...). Wenn man die Beiträge im Forum liest, gibt es jedoch vieles, was nicht übersetzt werden kann, vor allem was ich hoffe, ist deutscher Humor und die Eisenbahnkürzel.
Ich werde meine _CPs anpassen und sehen, was passiert. Vielleicht ziehen bald Riders um..! Hurra..! (wirft imaginären Stetson mit einem 'Whoop..!' in die Luft...)

Hmm... First test: a failure. I'll use the fireman driver to see if it's the Horse or the Rider that's not right (or maybe both, of course..!)

Hmm... Erster Test: ein Fehlschlag. Ich werde den Feuerwehrmann-Fahrer benutzen, um zu sehen, ob das Pferd oder der Reiter nicht richtig ist (oder vielleicht beides natürlich..!)

I did try to warn all that even a simple explanation may not be enough for a dunce such as I. The _CP_Target and _Source now work, as Contact Points, but not at the right height nor direction. I've been comparing to the working items in the Catalogue (the German racing car, as it's easy to see the seat, and the 'Icarus' bus driver...). I'm working on the Rider; I hope that if I can understand how she works, I'll be able to do the Horse. Here's the comparison (the Rider is almost hidden in the cockpit...)...
I presume tha the CP for the Driver is at his feet..? Where should the CP be for the Rider..? Presently it's where she would be seated, 750 cm up from the floor. Does the coordinates of the Origin of the CP make a difference..? Here, too, is a screenshot of the Rider; the CP is the tiny orange dot below the Gizmo. Why is this not right, please..?

Ich habe versucht, alle zu warnen, dass selbst eine einfache Erklärung für einen Dummkopf wie mich möglicherweise nicht ausreicht. Das _CP_Target und die _Source funktionieren jetzt als Kontaktpunkte, aber nicht in der richtigen Höhe oder Richtung. Ich habe mit den funktionierenden Artikeln im Katalog verglichen (der deutsche Rennwagen, da der Sitz leicht zu erkennen ist, und der Busfahrer 'Ikarus'...). Ich arbeite am Rider; Ich hoffe, wenn ich verstehe, wie sie arbeitet, kann ich das Pferd machen. Hier der Vergleich (der Rider ist fast im Cockpit versteckt...)...
Ich nehme an, dass ihm der CP für den Fahrer zu Füßen liegt..? Wo soll der CP für den Rider sein..? Jetzt würde sie dort sitzen, 750 cm über dem Boden. Machen die Koordinaten des Ursprungs des CP einen Unterschied..? Auch hier ist ein Screenshot des Riders; der CP ist der winzige orangefarbene Punkt unter dem Gizmo. Warum ist das bitte nicht richtig..?

1578099487_2021-10-1622_35_22-_CP_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.f55a839cf2cf8e6abb815d618c50bf30.jpg

1079943492_2021-10-1622_39_58-Blender_C__ProgramData__Blender_Horses_Girl_Ride_Girl_Tee_Ride_14.blend.thumb.jpg.2348361b706b2a18b9037d6b12028480.jpg

Just now, Goetz said:

has an accompanying driver with fitting CP:

1692233932_silverarrowdriver.jpg.86a68a4334dc2503d484aac3880c6a34.jpg

Thanks; can he ride a Horse..? :/

No, I was only using the car to see how the CP's compare between a working one (the bus driver...) and my poor Rider. The CP works, but is obviously not in the right position nor orientation. So, I have the naming convention right, but not the 'rules' about where it is to be placed so that the Rider sits in the saddle (or in the car...). Once I've sorted out the Rider, I'll turn to the Horse, but as I don't know which is correct (or neither...) I chose to use known working CP's. Where, for instance, is the _CP_Source object for that pilot..?

Vielen Dank; kann er ein Pferd reiten..? :/

Nein, ich habe das Auto nur benutzt, um zu sehen, wie die CPs zwischen einem funktionierenden (dem Busfahrer ...) und meinem armen Fahrer abschneiden. Der CP funktioniert, ist aber offensichtlich weder in der richtigen Position noch in der richtigen Ausrichtung. Ich habe also die Namenskonvention richtig, aber nicht die 'Regeln', wo es platziert werden soll, damit der Rider im Sattel (oder im Auto...) sitzt. Sobald ich den Reiter aussortiert habe, wende ich mich dem Pferd zu, aber da ich nicht weiß, was richtig ist (oder auch nicht ...), habe ich mich für bekannte funktionierende CPs entschieden. Wo ist zum Beispiel das _CP_Source-Objekt für diesen Piloten..?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dad3353:

Where, for instance, is the _CP_Source object for that pilot..?

Frankly, I don't know.

But by use of a contact from the extras menu
and changing the contact's properties to "static"

I mangaged to figure it out when I dragged the driver onto that blue contact:

contacts.thumb.jpg.c2b9f95e67078ce1116037642bfb4bce.jpg

12 minutes ago, Goetz said:

Frankly, I don't know.

But by using a contact from the extras menu
and changing the contact's properties to "static"

I mangaged to figure it out when I dragged the driver onto that blue contact: ...

... which hasn't yet helped me know where to place the CP on the Rider ..! : D I thought I'd done exactly the same as the pilot, but apparently not. I'll spend the evening (and tomorrow, and the next day, and ...) trying all possible combinations of size, orientation, height etc until it works, though. Unless someone already knows, and can reveal the (in French: Secret de Polichinelle '; in English' Open Secret ', so well known that no-one thinks it worth revealing ...) mystery. B |

... which has not yet helped me to place the CP on the Rider ..! I thought I did exactly the same thing as the pilot, but apparently not. I'll spend the evening (and tomorrow and the next day and ...) trying all possible combinations of size, orientation, height, etc until it works. Unless someone already knows and can reveal it.  B |

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Hi DAD

You do not need to name the ContactPoint _CP_Source ('cause this is a special Contact Point and needs mandatory a _CP_Target).

You just have to name the rider e.g _CP_Rider (or _CP_whateveryouwant), and the saddle _CP_Saddle (or _CP_whateveryouwant):

Whenever there are 2 _CP's ("the normalones") , they can find each other when close enough.

lg max

PS: reserved expressions for special purposes:
_CP_Source
_CP_Target
_CP_Spline
_CP_Track
_CP_Track_Dynamic

Bearbeitet von maxwei

13 minutes ago, maxwei said:

... You do not need to name the ContactPoint _CP_Source ...

Thanks, Max, that's very useful info. It begs the question, though, as to how to get my CP's to work. The first time I did them, I called them _CP01 and _CP02. They joined, but not at all at the right places. The Objects (textured Planes, 10mmm square...) are in the right place. Does their Origin have to be in that same place..? How does the System know at what coordinates the join should take place..? These are the details I'm now lacking. Does the size of the CP make any difference..? I'm closer, but not there yet. It would be far more simple if I had a working Blender version to inspect, but I obviously can't just download one, as this functioning is specific to MBS. I'll do some more experiments, but it's frustrating having to make a tiny adjustment, compile to MBS and import, see that it still isn't right, rinse and repeat. I'll find out in the end, though, I'm sure. I have a big bucket of Patience by my armchair. B|

Just curious... What is the 'special case ' that needs _Source and _Target..?

Danke Max, das sind sehr nützliche Informationen. Es stellt sich jedoch die Frage, wie ich meine CPs zum Laufen bekomme. Als ich sie zum ersten Mal gemacht habe, habe ich sie _CP01 und _CP02 genannt. Sie schlossen sich an, aber überhaupt nicht an den richtigen Stellen. Die Objekte (texturierte Ebenen, 10 mm Quadrat...) sind an der richtigen Stelle. Muss ihr Ursprung am selben Ort sein...? Woher weiß das System, an welchen Koordinaten die Verbindung stattfinden soll..? Das sind die Details, die mir jetzt fehlen. Macht die Größe des CP einen Unterschied..? Ich bin näher dran, aber noch nicht da. Es wäre viel einfacher, wenn ich eine funktionierende Blender-Version zum Inspizieren hätte, aber ich kann natürlich nicht einfach eine herunterladen, da diese Funktion spezifisch für MBS ist. Ich werde noch ein paar Experimente machen, aber es ist frustrierend, eine kleine Anpassung vornehmen zu müssen, in MBS zu kompilieren und zu importieren, zu sehen, dass es immer noch nicht richtig ist, spülen und wiederholen. Aber ich werde es am Ende herausfinden, da bin ich mir sicher. Ich habe einen großen Eimer Geduld neben meinem Sessel. B|

Nur neugierig... Was ist der 'Sonderfall', der _Source und _Target.. benötigt?

You want the rider to be linked to the horse?

Sorry, my mistake, then of course you need the rider as _CP_Source and the horse as _CP_Target, cause they belong together and when the horse moves it takes the rider with it.

You make these points in Blender with an "Empty".

19 minutes ago, maxwei said:

...You make these points in Blender with an "Empty".

That may be the mistake, then, as I used a Plane. I'll try again with an 'Empty' (which cannot be textured, of course...). It's similar to the '_Wheelset' notion, so it makes sense. On with the trials; thanks again. (y)

Das kann dann der Fehler sein, da ich ein Flugzeug benutzt habe. Ich versuche es noch einmal mit einem 'Empty' (das natürlich nicht texturiert werden kann...). Es ähnelt dem Begriff '_Wheelset' und ist daher sinnvoll. Weiter mit den Prüfungen; Danke noch einmal. (y)

I feel as if I'm breaking new ground here; the circumstances are maybe not often encountered. The Good News ..? he 'Empty' CP's work, as Source and Target; the rider is now mounted on the horse by contact point, and goes with the horse. Excellent. Fine. Good.

The Bad News ..? The Source and Target CP's stay rigidly connected, but the Horse is Animated, and moves ..! Only slight movement for now (the horse is idling ...); the rider should move with the saddle, but doesn't. It will become much more evident once I start connecting animated Riders to Trotting Horses. They work in Blender, but need these CP's to be useful in MBS.
The issue is no longer an MBS one, but a Blender one. I've tried Parenting the Empty to the Horse, the Saddle, the Armature, a Bone ... None have any effect.
It would maybe be different if the CP had a mesh, with vertices, that I could incorporate into the animation. Can I use a Mesh (a Cube, or Plane; whatever ...) as a CP instead of the Empty ..?An Empty has no vertices, and so cannot join Vertex Groups associated with the animation. It didn't work before, but was I doing it right, with the correct incantations and offerings to Cthulhu ..?
I've exported this poor old horse maybe a hundred times so far, in search of the winning combination. I'll award myself a Prize once I pass the thousand mark. : D

Ich habe das Gefühl, hier Neuland zu betreten; die Umstände sind vielleicht nicht oft anzutreffen. Die guten Nachrichten..? die Arbeit des 'leeren' CP als Quelle und Ziel; Der Reiter wird nun per Kontaktpunkt auf dem Pferd montiert und geht mit dem Pferd. Exzellent. Bußgeld. Gut.

Die schlechten Nachrichten..? Die Quell- und Ziel-CPs bleiben starr verbunden, aber das Pferd ist animiert und bewegt sich...! Vorerst nur leichte Bewegung (das Pferd ist im Leerlauf...); der Reiter sollte sich mit dem Sattel bewegen, tut es aber nicht. Es wird viel deutlicher, wenn ich animierte Reiter mit Trabrennpferden verbinde. Sie funktionieren in Blender, benötigen diese CPs jedoch, um in MBS nützlich zu sein.
Das Problem ist kein MBS-Problem mehr, sondern ein Blender-Problem. Ich habe versucht, das Leere dem Pferd, dem Sattel, der Armatur, einem Knochen zu erziehen... Keines hat irgendeine Wirkung.
Es wäre vielleicht anders, wenn der CP ein Mesh mit Vertices hätte, das ich in die Animation integrieren könnte. Kann ich ein Mesh (ein Würfel oder eine Ebene; was auch immer...) als CP anstelle des Leeren... verwenden? Eine Leere hat keine Scheitelpunkte und kann daher keine Scheitelpunktgruppen verbinden, die mit der Animation verknüpft sind. Es hat vorher nicht funktioniert, aber habe ich es richtig gemacht, mit den richtigen Beschwörungen und Opfergaben für Cthulhu...?
Ich habe dieses arme alte Pferd bisher vielleicht hundertmal exportiert, auf der Suche nach der Siegerkombination. Ich verleihe mir einen Preis, wenn ich die Tausendergrenze überschritten habe.
 : D

2031622501_2021-10-1703_37_13-_CP_-3DTrainStudioV7.thumb.jpg.61c1d9686feea4e3416d386b83ff39d1.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

hi DAD

I have tinkered times on the quick what you might help.
The trick is (maybe there is another possibility) to animate the_CP_Target via a constraint.
In this case the "Child" constraint, where you still have to define the directions and then press "Set Inverse".
The whole thing needs an auxiliary child (in the example below the hexagon) which is then linked to the horse).

If the animation works in Blender you have to "bake" the _Empty-Animation

_CP_Test_GLB.zip

Blender_CP.zip

lg max

Bearbeitet von maxwei

3 hours ago, maxwei said:

... The trick is (maybe there is another possibility) to animate the_CP_Target via a constraint...

Thanks, Max; that's going to help a lot. Needs thinking about, working on and some experimentation to see how it works, to better understand it. Why, for instance, the ball is in the air when the CP contact is made, and why the 'wheels' have to be a Vehicle to have the animation set off. I can't do the animation without vehicle movement, unlike a house, where the doors can be open and closed. It's probably because, in your model, they're declared as a _Wheel, which has special meaning in MBS. It gives me plenty to be playing around with, though, and would be ideal for making an animated Bouncy Castle. 

Danke, Max; das wird sehr helfen. Es muss darüber nachgedacht, daran gearbeitet und experimentiert werden, um zu sehen, wie es funktioniert, um es besser zu verstehen. Warum zum Beispiel der Ball in der Luft ist, wenn der CP-Kontakt hergestellt wird, und warum die "Räder" ein Fahrzeug sein müssen, damit die Animation gestartet wird. Ich kann die Animation nicht ohne Fahrzeugbewegung machen, im Gegensatz zu einem Haus, bei dem die Türen geöffnet und geschlossen werden können. Dies liegt wahrscheinlich daran, dass sie in Ihrem Modell als _Wheel deklariert sind, was in MBS eine besondere Bedeutung hat. Es gibt mir jedoch viel zum Herumspielen und wäre ideal, um eine animierte Hüpfburg zu bauen.

@max two...

I'll have to recreate your example, but will be guessing as to the detail of the 'constraint' part. I can't see how that works in your Wheel; has it been over-written by the baking..? When I export the Wheel, but not as a _Wheel, I can import it into MBS as a 3D Model, and the animation can then be used manually (or by Event...). For a simple, solo animation, there is no need for the .anim file, as MBS recognises the Blender exported one. I'll have to do more trials to see if I can get multiple animation recognised; this may require the .anim file, however. I'll see.
How, then, did you 'bind' the _CP_Target to the wheel, before baking, please..?

Ich muss Ihr Beispiel neu erstellen, aber ich werde die Details des Teils "Einschränkung" erraten. Ich kann nicht sehen, wie das in Ihrem Rad funktioniert; wurde es vom Backen überschrieben..? Wenn ich das Wheel exportiere, aber nicht als _Wheel, kann ich es als 3D-Modell in MBS importieren und die Animation kann dann manuell (oder von Event...) verwendet werden. Für eine einfache Solo-Animation ist die .anim-Datei nicht erforderlich, da MBS die von Blender exportierte Datei erkennt. Ich muss weitere Versuche durchführen, um zu sehen, ob mehrere Animationen erkannt werden. dies kann jedoch die .anim-Datei erfordern. Ich werde sehen.
Wie haben Sie dann bitte das _CP_Target vor dem Backen an das Rad 'gebunden'?

I hope this gives you alittle more information.

I dont want to write an exactly step by step procedure, 'cause if you learn with this its easier to remember the next time, but if you want this,  I can do that .
CP.thumb.jpg.f7f8a03baaeb3d35983e4f27a9c0b3d4.jpg

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Dad3353:

How, then, did you 'bind' the _CP_Target to the wheel, before baking, please..?

Almost Correct, not to the _wheel but to the Test_point (which is a child of the _wheel) and after "baking" the "Constraint" is not longer activatet, 'cause we made a keyframe-animation out of a calculated animation

lg max

Aha..! Whilst you've been posting (thanks for that; it's very useful information ...), I've been trying out stuff. I deleted the second wheel, and renamed the cylinder to not be a _Wheel for MBS. I parented the _CP_Target to the Axle ((renamed from Test_point ...), and deleted the baked animations. I made a new animation for the Cylinder, from 1 to 40, and another for the Axle, from 41 to 80. No baking ; I just exported to glb. I edited the .anim file with a line for each animation. Once created in MBS, both animations become available; here a short video of a Russian test pilot undergoing a severe G-force procedure, with each animation separately, then the two together. It's a hard life, rider, in my hands ..!
Now to try a similar approach with horses, which have a different animation approach, binding vertex groups to bones. Wish me luck ..!

Aha..! Während du gepostet hast (danke dafür; es sind sehr nützliche Informationen...), habe ich einiges ausprobiert. Ich habe das zweite Rad gelöscht und den Zylinder in kein _Rad für MBS umbenannt. Ich habe das _CP_Target der Achse ((umbenannt von Test_point ...) übergeordnet und die gebackenen Animationen gelöscht. Ich habe eine neue Animation für den Zylinder von 1 bis 40 und eine andere für die Achse von 41 bis 80 erstellt. Kein Backen ; Ich habe gerade nach glb exportiert. Ich habe die .anim-Datei mit einer Zeile für jede Animation bearbeitet. Sobald sie in MBS erstellt wurde, stehen beide Animationen zur Verfügung; hier ein kurzes Video eines russischen Testpiloten, der mit jeder Animation einem schweren G-Force-Verfahren unterzogen wird getrennt, dann die beiden zusammen... Es ist ein hartes Leben, Rider, in meinen Händen...!
Versuchen Sie nun einen ähnlichen Ansatz mit Pferden, die einen anderen Animationsansatz haben und Vertexgruppen an Knochen binden. Wünsch mir Glück..!

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

38 minutes ago, maxwei said:

...I dont want to write an exactly step by step procedure, 'cause if you learn with this its easier to remember the next time, but if you want this, I can do that.

I think we've been here before, with 'Bones' and 'Pantographs'. I got that working, thanks to your descriptions and examples; I'm sure I'll be able to do it again with the Horses. The mind sometimes turns into an hour-glass, though, with the memories, like sand trickling down to the abyss below, forgotten, until the next time that the glass is refilled. Yes, I'm an egg-timer. Will it help if I stand on my head now and again..? I doubt if I could, even if I wanted to..! :$ 

Ich glaube, wir waren schon einmal hier, mit 'Bones' und 'Pantographs'. Das habe ich dank Ihrer Beschreibungen und Beispiele zum Laufen gebracht; Ich bin sicher, dass ich es mit den Pferden wieder schaffen werde. Der Geist verwandelt sich jedoch manchmal in eine Sanduhr, wobei die Erinnerungen, wie Sand, der in den Abgrund rieselt, vergessen werden, bis das Glas das nächste Mal nachgefüllt wird. Ja, ich bin eine Eieruhr. Hilft es, wenn ich ab und zu auf dem Kopf stehe..? Ich bezweifle, dass ich könnte, selbst wenn ich wollte..! :$

Bearbeitet von Dad3353