All moving objects frozen and then some

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all

I have a very strange occurrence.  Last night before turning off my computer I saved the file and program on my computer. Today when I went into the program I noticed that nothing was moving, absolutely nothing. I have worked through some individual items and set their respective speeds but even then none of the programs instructions work either, signals, traffic lights switches.

Clearly this is quite an issue. Over 70 signals, 80 some switches, 200 plus vehicles, hundreds of instructions in my EV.

Has this happened to anyone before? and is there an easy fix. Could it be something that I have caused and if so how.

All solutions will be very gratefully received. This is a very big layout, not as big as some that I have produced. This one is only 4483kb at present. Others have been 5400kb without any issues.

I await any advice that might help to resolve this matter.

Cheers

Pete

29 minutes ago, Sintbert said:

Have you paused the simualtion?

2023-04-1818_17_14-Bern-3D-ModellbahnStudioV8.jpg.9937e66db67f733e17fd3067b2651eda.jpg

I wish it were that simple but alas not so. I have loaded the program several times. As soon as it has completed loading I press play and nothing moves. The play button changes colour, the pause button changes to white but nothing moves. As I mentioned I have given several vehicles values to enable them to move and they do so but no traffic lights change, no switches change via my EV. They will change if I do so manually so clearly something is not quite right, but I don't know what.

Pete

Pete...

If you've been following 'best practice', you've a previous version of this layout, before the most recent modifications. If so, can you load it, and how does it play..?

Wenn Sie sich an die "bewährte Praxis" gehalten haben, haben Sie eine frühere Version dieses Layouts, vor den jüngsten Änderungen. Wenn ja, können Sie sie laden, und wie spielt sie?

Douglas

vor 23 Minuten schrieb 220hotwheels:

but no traffic lights change, no switches change via my EV. They will change if I do so manually so clearly something is not quite right, but I don't know what.

Hi Pete, 

sounds as if your EV is disabled. Open the Event trace an klick here. 

Screenshot2023-04-18191401.thumb.jpg.2057c7967889eae47a36a4754bc6ed04.jpg

If you see a message like this red one you got to check your Events for mistakes.

Hawkeye

14 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Pete...

If you've been following 'best practice', you've a previous version of this layout, before the most recent modifications. If so, can you load it, and how does it play..?

Wenn Sie sich an die "bewährte Praxis" gehalten haben, haben Sie eine frühere Version dieses Layouts, vor den jüngsten Änderungen. Wenn ja, können Sie sie laden, und wie spielt sie?

Douglas

Hi Douglas

Whether right or wrong my system of back up follows this principle. Press the save icon at the top of the screen, then save the file as an *.mbp, this I do several times during a session and finally once each week make a complete backup. I've restored the backup file and it's fine so I've only lost around 20 hours work which I can work through once more but what concerns me is why has this happened.

To be on the safe side I am saving, saving to a new *.mbp and backing up to a new file so as not to alter the original *.mbp just in case some bright fellow can tell me which button to press to get everything back to normal on the original layout. If this proves to be a none starter then I will delete this faulty layout once I have all the bits from it re-entered onto the new copy.

Pete

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Hi Pete, 

If you see a message like this red one you got to check your Events for mistakes.

Hawkeye

Many thanks for that Hawkeye. I'll take a look now and come back with the result.

Pete

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Hi Pete, 

Hawkeye

Well, Hawkeye by name and hawk eye by nature. You were absolutely spot on. My sincere thanks for your advice. I had made one small error in the Lua script in the most current element of my EV.  Phew, what a relief. Yet another addition to my knowledge base as well as a note to be even more careful in future.

Many thanks once again.

Pete

vor 6 Minuten schrieb 220hotwheels:

I had made one small error in the Lua script in the most current element of my EV.

In the undying words of Blackadder in A Christmas Carol:

"It's not the size that matters, Baldrick. It's where you stick it!"