Save user draft model to my models at home

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello @RoniHB , your answer at @Thomas_103 , I come back here. It is a more general issue.
Hello members that can help here.
Hallo RoniHB, Ihre Antwort an Thomas_103, komme ich hier zurück. Es ist ein allgemeineres Problem.
Hallo Mitglieder, die hier helfen können.

Yours Ihr :

RoniHB01.thumb.jpg.05a9f83c05ae240bb9cfa66398313032.jpg

Here at my home , I do miss your options. Why ? Maybe because I'm not a model builder, but even then ?
Hier bei mir zu Hause vermisse ich Ihre Möglichkeiten. Warum eigentlich? Vielleicht, weil ich kein Modellbauer bin, aber selbst dann?

AtHome01.jpg.607ee96c94dfb82fee849e28ab259c57.jpg

On the other hand, I once saved a user's draft model by export, and saving it in my models. When the draft was expired it changed in a question mark. (but maybe I did something wrong).
So very happy to know how to hold draft models after the draft is no longer in the internet catalog.

Andererseits habe ich einmal den Modellentwurf eines Benutzers durch Export und Speicherung in meinen Modellen gespeichert. Als der Entwurf abgelaufen war, änderte er sich in ein Fragezeichen. (aber vielleicht habe ich etwas falsch gemacht).Ich wäre also sehr froh, wenn ich wüsste, wie man Entwürfe behalten kann, nachdem der Entwurf nicht mehr im Internetkatalog ist.

Kind regards, 
Herman

Bearbeitet von Herman
translate / changed unintented and unwanted title

Hallo Herman,

wenn Du den Entwurf im Katalog aufrufst, dann solltest Du ihn als erstes auf eine Platte oder Anlage ziehen

Hello Herman,

when you call up the design in the catalogue, the first thing you should do is drag it onto a plate or system

01.thumb.jpg.dc51c19393e9f84a79377b160643ed36.jpg

Auf der Anlage (oder dem Brett) markierst Du nun das Gebäude, und gehst in Deinem persönlichen Katalog in das Verzeichnis, in welchem Du das Gebäude abspeichern willst. Danach klickst Du auf das Pluszeichen auf der rechten Seite, in dem sich nun öffnenden Fenster gehst Du auf das blau markierte Textfeld und klickst es an.

Now mark the building on the system (or the board) and go to the directory in your personal catalogue in which you want to save the building. Then click on the plus sign on the right-hand side, in the window that now opens, go to the text field marked in blue and click on it.

02.thumb.jpg.2acf16bbef00681b0a56a42a7873c9f6.jpg

Nun ist das Modell dauerhaft in Deinem persönlichen Katalog gespeichert, selbst wenn der Entwurf gelöscht wird. Nur kann man es nicht auf Anlagen verwenden, welche veröffentlicht werden sollen, aber das ist ja bekannt. Ich hoffe, Dir etwas weiter geholfen zu haben.

Now the model is permanently saved in your personal catalogue, even if the design is deleted. However, you cannot use it on attachments that are to be published, but that is well known. I hope I have helped you a little further.

03.thumb.jpg.aac49de78a6a08ae78d389dd5c5406e2.jpg

Walter

2 minutes ago, Klartexter said:

Nun ist das Modell dauerhaft in Deinem persönlichen Katalog gespeichert, selbst wenn der Entwurf gelöscht wird.

Hello, Hallo @Klartexter 

Thank you, I must have done something wrong then because I know how to get things in My 3D models.  
Danke, dann muss ich wohl etwas falsch gemacht haben, denn ich weiß, wie ich Dinge in meine 3D-Modelle bekomme.

4 minutes ago, Klartexter said:

Nur kann man es nicht auf Anlagen verwenden

Of course, that's normal and known. I put them in "Not to publish"
Das ist natürlich normal und bekannt. Ich habe sie unter "Nicht zu veröffentlichen" abgelegt.

nottopublish.jpg.842cf7d06100be84e88478adea4ccc97.jpg

11 minutes ago, Klartexter said:

Ich hoffe, Dir etwas weiter geholfen zu haben.

Fur sure, thank you ! Aber sicher, danke!
Greetings , Herman

It is not possible to save foreign models to a private storage. The option "Download from the internet" is only available to content designers. The import option only stores references to the original asset and will be invalid once the original model gets deleted.

The author of a 3d model has to explicitly provide a mbe file in order to save a model for later use.

Neo

Hello @Neo , first thank you for your answer. And of course I can see that most of the options RoniHB shows are clearly for model makers. That is normal.

Just to be sure I understand ( or do not ).

18 hours ago, Neo said:

It is not possible to save foreign models to a private storage.

So if I make an .mbe file ( export ) from a draft model of another user, and even if I put it directly in my 3D models as Klartexter said
, this model at my home will still be useless when the draft expires ? 

18 hours ago, Neo said:

The author of a 3d model has to explicitly provide a mbe file in order to save a model for later use.

Yes they stay at use at home. ( see the indians in previous picture ). Or he can provide the specific files ( blender ) of the model, and I can put them in my 3D models too. 

Kind regards, Herman

Bearbeitet von Herman
typo

16 hours ago, Goetz said:

Only the designer of the model can do that.

Hello @Goetz ,  a little correction.  I just made a .mbe from a draft model and saved it locally.  So it is possible, even as a non model builder. 
And I can use that .mbe to get it back on my layout. But as soon as the draft is no longer on the internet, my .mbe or the counterpart in my 3D models are still there, but not usable on a layout anymore. 

18 hours ago, Neo said:

The import option only stores references to the original asset and will be invalid once the original model gets deleted.

This answer made it very clear. ( only references )

@Goetz , so you are correct that only the model builder can make a .mbe out of a draft model, that stays usable.

@Goetz , @Neo thank you for the answers.

Regards, Herman

huisje.thumb.jpg.f951662e8ef10c3d93e4b063215820a2.jpg

Bearbeitet von Herman

20 hours ago, Klartexter said:

Nun ist das Modell dauerhaft in Deinem persönlichen Katalog gespeichert, selbst wenn der Entwurf gelöscht wird.

Hello @Klartexter , yes, but not usable even in a private layout, when the draft is expired.  See Neo's answer.
Hallo @Klartexter, ja, aber auch in einem privaten Layout nicht verwendbar, wenn der Entwurf abgelaufen ist. Siehe die Antwort von Neo.
Kind regards, Herman