Classic British Steam trains

Empfohlene Beiträge

A couple of tiny details that I've noticed, to be rectified, but it's not going to get much better than this...

Ein paar kleine Details, die mir aufgefallen sind, müssen korrigiert werden, aber viel besser wird es nicht werden ...

I shall incorporate a few contact points in the carriage, to make the placing of seated passengers easier. I looked in the Catalogue, but only found a couple of compatible seated passengers; I have a fair number myself, but without the necessary CP, so I'll bring these up to date and make them available, if they could be useful. I have taken the choice of placing the seat CP in the middle of the seat, at the level of the top of the seat squab, and the CP for the passengers is in the middle, at the base of the body. 
Anyway, that's just details; here's the loco with animated valve gear. I doubt that any 'real' loco made like this would run, but it's the best I could do with the method compatible with MBS.

Ich werde einige Kontaktpunkte in den Wagen einbauen, um das Platzieren sitzender Passagiere zu erleichtern. Ich habe im Katalog nachgeschaut, aber nur ein paar kompatible sitzende Passagiere gefunden; Ich habe selbst eine ganze Menge, aber ohne die nötigen CP, also werde ich diese auf den neuesten Stand bringen und zur Verfügung stellen, wenn sie nützlich sein könnten. Ich habe mich dafür entschieden, den Sitz-CP in der Mitte des Sitzes, auf Höhe der Sitzoberkante, zu platzieren, und den CP für die Passagiere in der Mitte, an der Unterseite der Karosserie.
Wie auch immer, das sind nur Details; Hier ist die Lok mit animiertem Ventiltrieb. Ich bezweifle, dass eine so gebaute „echte“ Lok funktionieren würde, aber es ist das Beste, was ich mit der mit MBS kompatiblen Methode erreichen konnte.

Douglas

13 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

A couple of tiny details that I've noticed, to be rectified, but it's not going to get much better than this...

Ein paar kleine Details, die mir aufgefallen sind, müssen korrigiert werden, aber viel besser wird es nicht werden ...

I shall incorporate a few contact points in the carriage, to make the placing of seated passengers easier. I looked in the Catalogue, but only found a couple of compatible seated passengers; I have a fair number myself, but without the necessary CP, so I'll bring these up to date and make them available, if they could be useful. I have taken the choice of placing the seat CP in the middle of the seat, at the level of the top of the seat squab, and the CP for the passengers is in the middle, at the base of the body. 
Anyway, that's just details; here's the loco with animated valve gear. I doubt that any 'real' loco made like this would run, but it's the best I could do with the method compatible with MBS.

Ich werde einige Kontaktpunkte in den Wagen einbauen, um das Platzieren sitzender Passagiere zu erleichtern. Ich habe im Katalog nachgeschaut, aber nur ein paar kompatible sitzende Passagiere gefunden; Ich habe selbst eine ganze Menge, aber ohne die nötigen CP, also werde ich diese auf den neuesten Stand bringen und zur Verfügung stellen, wenn sie nützlich sein könnten. Ich habe mich dafür entschieden, den Sitz-CP in der Mitte des Sitzes, auf Höhe der Sitzoberkante, zu platzieren, und den CP für die Passagiere in der Mitte, an der Unterseite der Karosserie.
Wie auch immer, das sind nur Details; Hier ist die Lok mit animiertem Ventiltrieb. Ich bezweifle, dass eine so gebaute „echte“ Lok funktionieren würde, aber es ist das Beste, was ich mit der mit MBS kompatiblen Methode erreichen konnte.

Douglas

Douglas, It's brilliant, well done you. I would very much like to incorporate both engine and carriages into my personal catalogue. Any chance of you emailing me the *.mbe files. I notice the carriages seem to have grey doors. Is this for any specific reason or could they be in the same matching green as the rest of the carriage?

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, 220hotwheels said:

... Any chance of you emailing me the *.mbe files. I notice the carriages seem to have grey doors. Is this for any specific reason or could they be in the same matching green as the rest of the carriage?...

Pete...

Here's the link to my Google Drive, with the loco, tender and coach...

Hier ist der Link zu meinem Google Drive, mit Lok, Tender und Wagen ...

Flying Scotsman ...

Let me know if there are issues..? The doors in the photos I consulted, for GWS livery, seem to be mostly this pale grey. Of course, any colour could be used; the doors do stand out more like this, though. It could be changed, or I could make a variant..?
Meanwhile, here's a screenshot of some passengers 'snapped' to the seats. There are basically two in the Catalogue that fit well : those for the Unimog, and those for the Jaguar. Both of these have variants, so it's possible to have a reasonable passenger load, I think.

Lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn es Probleme gibt.? Die Türen auf den Fotos, die ich für die GWS-Lackierung herangezogen habe, scheinen größtenteils dieses blasse Grau zu haben. Natürlich könnte jede Farbe verwendet werden; Die Türen fallen jedoch eher so auf. Es könnte geändert werden, oder ich könnte eine Variante erstellen.?
In der Zwischenzeit ist hier ein Screenshot einiger Passagiere, die auf den Sitzen „geschnappt“ sind. Grundsätzlich gibt es zwei im Katalog, die gut passen: die für den Unimog und die für den Jaguar. Für beide gibt es Varianten, daher ist es meiner Meinung nach möglich, eine angemessene Passagierlast zu erreichen.

Douglas

Passengers.thumb.jpg.bcc115795a2f673973ab2a0099e7d2ad.jpg

Edit : I've added and all-green variant to the coach.

Bearbeiten: Ich habe dem Trainer eine komplett grüne Variante hinzugefügt.

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

I just happened to have a spare body lying around; seemed a shame to waste it, so...

Ich hatte zufällig einen Ersatzkörper herumliegen; Es schien mir eine Schande, es zu verschwenden, also...

I'll say again : the original file is from SketchFab, created by one 'Timblewee'. I have tried to contact this person in the past, but have not had any reply. He does some really splendid models, which are a delight to convert. The trial above is simply popping the Mallard basic body over the Flying Scotsman running gear, as a test. I shall clean it up to get a better-detailed Mallard, with its correct tender, shortly.

Ich sage es noch einmal: Die Originaldatei stammt von SketchFab und wurde von einem gewissen „Timblewee“ erstellt. Ich habe in der Vergangenheit versucht, diese Person zu kontaktieren, habe aber keine Antwort erhalten. Er macht einige wirklich großartige Modelle, deren Umbau eine Freude ist. Der obige Versuch besteht einfach darin, die Mallard-Grundkarosserie testweise über das Flying Scotsman-Fahrwerk zu stülpen. Ich werde es in Kürze aufräumen, um eine detailliertere Stockente mit dem richtigen Tender zu erhalten.

Douglas

9 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I just happened to have a spare body lying around; seemed a shame to waste it, so...

Ich hatte zufällig einen Ersatzkörper herumliegen; Es schien mir eine Schande, es zu verschwenden, also...

I'll say again : the original file is from SketchFab, created by one 'Timblewee'. I have tried to contact this person in the past, but have not had any reply. He does some really splendid models, which are a delight to convert. The trial above is simply popping the Mallard basic body over the Flying Scotsman running gear, as a test. I shall clean it up to get a better-detailed Mallard, with its correct tender, shortly.

Ich sage es noch einmal: Die Originaldatei stammt von SketchFab und wurde von einem gewissen „Timblewee“ erstellt. Ich habe in der Vergangenheit versucht, diese Person zu kontaktieren, habe aber keine Antwort erhalten. Er macht einige wirklich großartige Modelle, deren Umbau eine Freude ist. Der obige Versuch besteht einfach darin, die Mallard-Grundkarosserie testweise über das Flying Scotsman-Fahrwerk zu stülpen. Ich werde es in Kürze aufräumen, um eine detailliertere Stockente mit dem richtigen Tender zu erhalten.

Douglas

Hi Douglas

I can't wait to see the 'cleaned up' version.

Cheers

Pete

The Mallard is now ready, animated, with its tender, and can be found in 'mbe' format on my Google Drive, i the same way as the Flying Scotsman.

Die Stockente ist jetzt fertig, animiert, mit ihrem Tender und kann im „mbe“-Format auf meinem Google Drive gefunden werden, genau wie der Flying Scotsman.

Douglas

Mallard.thumb.jpg.b66f7bf9b8e4240ace77dffef6657dc3.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Hallo / hello Douglas,

der Lok-Tender-Abstand ist bei Deiner "Mallard" zu groß. Dies hängt sicher mit dem verlängerten Dach des Führerhauses zusammen.
The locomotive-tender distance is too large on your "Mallard". This is certainly due to the extended roof of the driver's cab.

Lok-Tender-Abstandzugro.thumb.jpg.d9a73aa8c89830906e4ac2410cb31105.jpg

Nimm die Dachverlängerung einfach weg, und Lok und Tender rutschen beim Kuppeln automatisch näher zusammen.
Simply remove the roof extension and the locomotive and tender will automatically slide closer together when coupling.

Wenn Du die Dachverlängerung beibehalten möchtest, musst Du die "_Coupler"-Objekte einsetzen,  um die Kontaktpunkte für das Kuppeln nach innen zu versetzen. Siehe hierzu auch Abschnitt 2.4.2 in der hier bereitgestellten Dokument (leider nur auf deutsch).
If you want to keep the roof extension, you must use the "_Coupler" objects to move the contact points for coupling inwards. See also section 2.4.2 in the document provided here (unfortunately only in German).

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

Bearbeitet von BahnLand

10 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

The Mallard is now ready, animated, with its tender, and can be found in 'mbe' format on my Google Drive, i the same way as the Flying Scotsman.

Die Stockente ist jetzt fertig, animiert, mit ihrem Tender und kann im „mbe“-Format auf meinem Google Drive gefunden werden, genau wie der Flying Scotsman.

Douglas

Mallard.thumb.jpg.b66f7bf9b8e4240ace77dffef6657dc3.jpg

Hi Douglas

Just had time to take a closer look at The Mallard, it's great, well done you. I also have to concur with @BahnLand, the distance between the cab and the tender is too large, I think the rail company might find themselves getting through quite a large number of stokers, unless of course they are supplied with very long shovels, but apart from that brilliant once again.

Cheers

Pete

9 minutes ago, 220hotwheels said:

Hi Douglas

Just had time to take a closer look at The Mallard, it's great, well done you. I also have to concur with @BahnLand, the distance between the cab and the tender is too large, I think the rail company might find themselves getting through quite a large number of stokers, unless of course they are supplied with very long shovels, but apart from that brilliant once again.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Douglas

Just downloaded both the loco and tender and I can see that you have already addressed the question of the gap between both, brilliant. Whilst I don't wish to sound too picky I have also noticed that the front sets of wheels don't quite touch the track. Can this also be remedied, if not then I can certainly live with this. It's only when examined closely that it is noticeable. Once again you have produced  stunning model.

Cheers

Pete

9 hours ago, 220hotwheels said:

Hi Douglas

Just downloaded both the loco and tender and I can see that you have already addressed the question of the gap between both, brilliant. Whilst I don't wish to sound too picky I have also noticed that the front sets of wheels don't quite touch the track. Can this also be remedied, if not then I can certainly live with this. It's only when examined closely that it is noticeable. Once again you have produced  stunning model.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Douglas

Only just noticed that there is the same wheels issue with The Flying Scotsmen.

Cheers

Pete

28 minutes ago, 220hotwheels said:

... there is the same wheels issue with The Flying Scotsmen...

... and maybe the same solution, then, as they are the same wheel set (just a slight advance for the forward bogie for the Mallard, that's all...)..!  I haven't looked at the cause yet; soon, though.

Douglas

15 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

... and maybe the same solution, then, as they are the same wheel set (just a slight advance for the forward bogie for the Mallard, that's all...)..!  I haven't looked at the cause yet; soon, though.

Douglas

15 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Douglas

Thanks Douglas(y)9_9

1 hour ago, 220hotwheels said:

... Only just noticed that there is the same wheels issue with The Flying Scotsmen...

Both fixed; may be downloaded from the Google Drive. Cheers.

Beide behoben; kann von Google Drive heruntergeladen werden. Prost.

Douglas

14 minutes ago, 220hotwheels said:

Thanks Douglas, how quick you are at problem solving.

Pete

I've added extra steam from the valve gear; bonus..! I only wish the sound file could be played back varying with the vehicle speed, for more realistic entry and exit from stations etc. Still, mustn't grumble, eh..?

Ich habe zusätzlichen Dampf vom Ventiltrieb hinzugefügt; Bonus..! Ich wünschte nur, dass die Sounddatei abhängig von der Fahrzeuggeschwindigkeit abgespielt werden könnte, um eine realistischere Ein- und Ausfahrt aus Bahnhöfen usw. zu ermöglichen. Trotzdem darf man nicht meckern, oder?

Douglas

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

4 hours ago, HWB said:

Hello Dad,

You should change that with the noise like this...

Hermann...

This what I have (but I don't see the bar beneath as in your screenshot...). The sound is fine, but doesn't vary with the loco speed. Have I missed something..? Not reading German doesn't make it easier, of course..!

Das habe ich (aber ich sehe die Leiste darunter nicht wie in Ihrem Screenshot ...). Der Klang ist gut, variiert aber nicht mit der Geschwindigkeit der Lok. Habe ich etwas verpasst? Wenn man kein Deutsch kann, wird es natürlich nicht einfacher..!

Douglas

Hallo @Dad3353,

kannst Du einen Sreenshoot machen wie es in deinem Programm aussieht?

Gruß Hermann

Hello @Dad3353,

can you take a screenshot of what it looks like in your programme?

Greetings Hermann

Hello @Dad3353

no.jpg.9d451318e85d355f761a9ce28e33942c.jpg1.thumb.jpg.6ac0e201f53b2ca6cdbcf306e0deede1.jpg2.thumb.jpg.debadbe1980b706bfcff560c8ca5bd5e.jpg3.thumb.jpg.a1e5e45418e6af8d765023d08ae0e274.jpg2024-03-29_031403.thumb.jpg.7a4bde447e5ecab920517aa7a4a09782.jpg

Greetings Hermann

@Neo gibt es die Möglichkeit die deutsche und die englische Version parallel zu installieren

is it possible to install the German and the English version in parallel

Gruß Hermann

Hermann...

I think I see what's happening. The volume of the sound reduces as the speed falls below 20 km/h, but the pitch, or 'beat' of the 'chuff-chuff-chuff' remains constant, whatever the speed above 0. Here's one from the web (Pixabay...) to show what I mean by the sound speeding up, and a screenshot of my MBS...

Ich glaube, ich sehe, was passiert. Die Lautstärke des Tons verringert sich, wenn die Geschwindigkeit unter 20 km/h fällt, aber die Tonhöhe oder der „Beat“ des „chuff-chuff-chuff“ bleibt konstant, unabhängig von der Geschwindigkeit über 0. Hier ist einer aus dem Internet (Pixabay). ..) um zu zeigen, was ich mit der Beschleunigung des Tons meine, und einen Screenshot meines MBS ...

2024-03-2903_58_14-Simp_Oval_Link-3DTrainStudioV8.5.thumb.jpg.3864cb11bc23a546d4b0b7c0abecf4ea.jpg

steam-engine-speeding-up-28760.zip

Douglas

I just wanted to add my appreciation for these beautiful English models and @Dad3353's work, in the hope that "copyright" issues could be solved, and full connecting rod animations could be added, ensuring meaningful availability in the online catalog. 

Kind regards,
Henrik

16 minutes ago, henricjen said:

I just wanted to add my appreciation for these beautiful English models and Dad3353's work, in the hope that "copyright" issues could be solved, and full connecting rod animations could be added, ensuring meaningful availability in the online catalog. 

Kind regards,
Henrik

That would certainly make life easier for sharing layouts without incurring the dreaded question marks.

Cheers

Pete