Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi guys

The sign below, which isn't a road-sign per se but appears on station platforms as a warning to stay away from the edge, is not in the catalogue. Or if it is, I can't find it.

Hallo Leute

Das unten stehende Schild, das an sich kein Straßenschild ist, aber auf Bahnsteigen als Warnung erscheint, sich vom Rand fernzuhalten, ist nicht im Katalog enthalten. Oder wenn ja, ich kann es nicht finden.

railway-station-warning-sign-dangerous-trains-attention-don-t-get-caught-incoming-symbol-person-falling-front-train-33381353.thumb.jpg.1687d32dc0bc7ae3c2632853a936c6c4.jpg

I managed to put it together, but it isn't quite centred because the above file isn't quite straight.

Ich habe es geschafft, es zusammenzusetzen, aber es ist nicht ganz zentriert, weil die obige Datei nicht ganz gerade ist.

Capture.JPG.4162c63f45af213947379ca3050c5634.JPG

As the sign seems to be on every platform including Berlin Hbf, I would have thought it was an essential item?

Da das Schild auf jedem Bahnsteig zu sein scheint, einschließlich Berlin Hbf, hätte ich gedacht, dass es ein wesentlicher Gegenstand ist?

Capture.JPG.228c3501378b5144c7cdfa549cdd7127.JPG

Just a thought...

By the way if it is there and I missed it, please will someone show me?

Thanks

Simon

Nur ein Gedanke...

Übrigens, wenn es dort ist und ich es verpasst habe, kann es mir bitte jemand zeigen?

Vielen Dank

Simon

• 5 Wochen später...
Just now, simonjackson1964 said:

.... How do I get the texture uploaded?

When creating the model, the Material file (the Texture...) has to have the name '_Custom'; it is then recognised by MBS for receiving an Exchange Texture. The file type (its file extension...) matter not; just the name '_Custom'. Hope this helps.

Beim Erstellen des Modells muss die Materialdatei (die Textur ...) den Namen '_Custom' haben; es wird dann von MBS für den Erhalt einer Austauschtextur erkannt. Der Dateityp (seine Dateierweiterung ...) spielt keine Rolle; nur der Name '_Custom'. Hoffe das hilft.

Douglas

3 minutes ago, simonjackson1964 said:

So... I rename the the file that holds the texture as '_Custom.jpg' and re-upload the model? Seems almost too easy?

We as non model builders do not work with a material file. So you need more explanation from model builders. 
I only wanted to say : if you provide us here with your typical .jpg file we can save it and use that file as "custom texture". Then we can put it in our "my models" if wished.
But to put it in the catalog a model builder has to ask it on Neo. 

Kind regards, Herman

Okay try this one? 

Hello Simon, no you provide a layout.  Just give us the .jpg here. Did you try to put your model in your "my models" zone ?
To go to the catalog you need the help of a real model builder ... or become one yourself. I can not help.
Kind regards, Herman

Bearbeitet von Herman

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

We as non model builders do not work with a material file. So you need more explanation from model builders. 
I only wanted to say : if you provide us here with your typical .jpg file we can save it and use that file as "custom texture". Then we can put it in our "my models" if wished.
But to put it in the catalog a model builder has to ask it on Neo. 

Kind regards, Herman

I don't think this is right, if I've understood correctly. Any model built, originally, using a '_Custom' texture can have its texture exported, to be potentially altered by the User, then imported as a file back into MBS. Any Texture file can also be used by the User as an Exchange Texture. If the model did not have a _Custom' texture however, this texture swapping is no longer an option.

Das finde ich nicht richtig, wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe. Die Textur jedes Modells, das ursprünglich mit einer '_Custom'-Textur erstellt wurde, kann exportiert werden, um möglicherweise vom Benutzer geändert und dann als Datei zurück in MBS importiert zu werden. Jede Texturdatei kann vom Benutzer auch als Austauschtextur verwendet werden. Wenn das Modell jedoch keine _Custom'-Textur hatte, ist dieser Texturtausch nicht mehr möglich.

Douglas

40 minutes ago, simonjackson1964 said:

Okay try this one? 3B7194FC-3D4A-4B2F-910C-0508F4FB9078

@simonjackson1964 : OK ,we've gone off on a tangent, here. I'll try to clarify. The sign, when built by the Builder (Bahnland...) was given a _Custom texture, and is therefore a candidate for having its texture changed, which you have done, successfully. This, however, cannot then be uploaded back to the original sign, and remains your version on your layout.
There would be three options for getting the new texture added to the sign : if Bahnland had the new texture, he, as the Builder, could choose to add this variant to the model, from the original source file he alone has (probably a SketchUp file, as that's what he usually uses, I think...). Another option could be to publish your new Texture in the Textures Catalogue; from there (once Approved by Neo...) it could be used by anyone as an Exchange Texture from the Catalogue. The third method would be to make your Texture file available as a graphics file, and make it available, either directly in this Forum, or on a publicly-shared cloud drive, for instance. A User with access to the file could then use it as an Exchange Texture from file.
Hope this helps

OK, wir sind hier auf eine Tangente abgewichen. Ich werde versuchen zu klären. Das Schild erhielt beim Bau durch den Erbauer (Bahnland...) eine _Custom-Textur und ist daher ein Kandidat für die Änderung seiner Textur, was Sie erfolgreich durchgeführt haben. Dieses kann dann aber nicht wieder auf das Originalschild hochgeladen werden und bleibt Ihre Version auf Ihrer Anlage.
Es gäbe drei Optionen, um die neue Textur dem Schild hinzuzufügen: Wenn Bahnland die neue Textur hätte, könnte er als Erbauer diese Variante zum Modell hinzufügen, und zwar aus der ursprünglichen Quelldatei, die er allein hat (wahrscheinlich eine SketchUp Datei, denn das ist es, was er normalerweise verwendet, denke ich ...). Eine andere Option könnte darin bestehen, Ihre neue Textur im Texturenkatalog zu veröffentlichen; Von dort aus (einmal von Neo genehmigt ...) kann es von jedem als Austauschtextur aus dem Katalog verwendet werden. Die dritte Methode wäre, Ihre Texturdatei als Grafikdatei verfügbar zu machen, und zwar entweder direkt in diesem Forum oder beispielsweise auf einem öffentlich freigegebenen Cloud-Laufwerk. Ein Benutzer mit Zugriff auf die Datei könnte sie dann als Austauschtextur aus einer Datei verwenden.
Hoffe, das hilft

Douglas

Okay, rewind, reset...

"Let's start from the very beginning,
A very good place to start.
When you read you begin with, A, B, C.
When you sing you begin with Do, Re Me.
The first three notes just happen to be...
Do Re Me...."

I have a .jpg file of the sign that is not the Dutch one that forbids the use of magic outside of school, which I am pretty sure was a joke.

Seriously, next time anyone is at a railway station in Germany, have a look at the lamp posts or roof supports and I am 99% certain that you will see that orange triangle with the red train hitting the man...

But I cannot find this sign anywhere in the MBS catalogue, which I think is something of an omission, as the sign would appear to be ubiquitous in present day Germany, so if one is plannig to make a modern day layout, one needs to include this sign, for realism. There are so many other little details for things that only might be needed in a layout, that I find it hard to understand why this mandatory detail has been forgotten? (Perhaps it's just so common that it got overlooked, because people don't notice it? Which if you think about what the sign is for, is actually dangerous!)

So, I have found a .jpg file of the sign, and used it as the texture on a standard triangular road sign. What I want to know is, how do I make sure that when I upload the finished layout, the sign does not revert back to the blank white and red triangle that I applied the texture to?

I have attached the texture file. It's slightly off skew, but it fits the road sign as best I can get it. If someone with Photoshop Pro can do a better job, please do.

_Custom.thumb.jpg.7f6ae1863c9e5b393799701e815f5287.jpg

Hallo / hello Simon,

wenn ich Dich richtig verstanden habe, geht es Dir nicht darum, ein Modell mit Deiner Textur, sondern die Textur selbst zu veröffentlichen. Das Verkehrszeichen-Modell 72CDD9A4-72A5-47EF-84ED-C0D1193E8591 ist ja schon im Online-Katalog enthalten und unterstützt auch Tauschtexturen. 
If I have understood you correctly, you are not interested in publishing a model with your texture, but the texture itself. The traffic sign model 72CDD9A4-72A5-47EF-84ED-C0D1193E8591 is already in the online catalog and supports exchange textures.

Bahnsteigschild.jpg.310fb899b09ebb526ad5128e51c53346.jpg

Und wie man dem Bild Deiner Anlagen-Beschreibung entnehmen kann, hat Deine Textur auch bereits das richtige Format für die Verwendung als Tauschtextur für das Vorsichts-Verkehrszeichen. Es geht also nur darum, Deine Textur, die Du ja offenbar auch schon in Deinen (privaten) Texturen-Katalog hochgeladen hast, zu veröffentlichen.
And as you can see from the picture of your attachment description, your texture already has the right format for use as an exchange texture for the caution traffic sign. So it's just a matter of publishing your texture, which you obviously already uploaded to your (private) texture catalog.

146549045_NeuesObjekthinzufgen.thumb.jpg.26d63bde29715a754d05db6693b853ca.jpg

Öffne dazu mittels des "+"-Zeichens im Katalog-Menü den Texturen-Katalog und öffne dort unter "Meine Texturen" jenes Verzeichnis, in dem Du Deine Textur abgelegt hast. Du kannst nun die Textur in der gleichen Art veröffentlichen, wie auch Modelle veröffentlicht werden:
To do this, open the textures catalog using the "+" sign in the catalog menu and open the directory in which you have stored your texture under "My textures". You can now publish the texture in the same way as models are published:

Kategorie-Auswahl.jpg.357b24abfabbff3339c6b0d87b76e205.jpg

Wähle im offiziellen Texturen-Katalog die Kategorie "Zusätzlich" aus (die anderen Kategorien enthalten die Verkehrszeichen der deutschen Straßenverkehrsordnung (StVO)) und kreuze nicht "Als Entwurf veröffentlichen" an. Wenn die Veröffentlichung abgeschlossen ist, muss @Neo die Veröffentlichung noch freigeben. Danach steht die Textur allen Nutzern des Modellbahn-Studios zur Verfügung und bleibt für fremde Nutzer sichtbar, wenn sie einem auf einer Anlage platzierten Verkehrszeichen als Tauschtextur zugewiesen wurde.
Select the "Zusätzlich" category in the official texture catalog (the other categories contain the traffic signs of the German Road Traffic Regulations (StVO)) and do not check "Publish as Draft". When the publishing is finished, @Neo still has to approve it. After that, the texture is available to all users of the Train Studio and remains visible to other users, if it has been assigned to a traffic sign placed on a layout as an exchange texture.

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

Nun habt Ihr mich doch noch überholt. / Now you have overtaken me after all. :)

Bearbeitet von BahnLand

ACHTUNG! / ATTENTION!

Ich sehe gerade an dem Bild, dass es quer über dem Fenster der Lok ein "Wasserzeichen" trägt ("dreamstime" oder ähnlich). Hieraus schließe ich, dass dies ein "Copyright" ist. Ich wäre also sehr vorsichtig mit der Veröffentlichung dieser Textur (ich vermute, dass @Neo dieses nicht freigeben würde). Ich vermute, dass sich das Copyright auf das Foto und nicht auf das Warnzeichen selbst bezieht. Versuche daher bitte, ein Foto oder eine Zeichnung dieses Zeichens zu finden, das "gemeinfrei" ist oder unter einer "ähnlichen Lizenzbedingung" veröffentlicht wurde - oder man muss es selbst zeichnen.

I just see on the picture that it has a "watermark" across the window of the locomotive ("dreamstime" or similar). From this I conclude that this is a "copyright". So I would be very careful about posting this texture (I suspect @Neo would not release this). I suspect that the copyright refers to the photo and not the warning sign itself. So please try to find a photo or drawing of this sign that is "public domain" or published under a "similar license condition" - or you have to draw it yourself.

Viele Grüße / man greetings
BahnLand

Bearbeitet von BahnLand

Unter https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Warnschild_fahrender_Zug.JPG gibt es ein entsprechendes Bild, welches auch bearbeitet werden darf. Das nur zur Information. Schönen Tag wünscht euch allen
Walter

At https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Warnschild_fahrender_Zug.JPG there is a corresponding picture, which may also be edited. This is for information only. Have a nice day
Walter

Hallo zusammen / hello together

dieses und weitere Bahn-typische Zeichen gibt es als Zeichnungen auch hier, wobei einige Zeichen von dort Verkehrszeichen an nach der Straßenverkehrsordnung sind.
This and further railway-typical signs are available as drawings also here, whereby some signs from there are traffic signs on after the road traffic regulations.

740709593_Bahnbergang.jpg.983894b448c76f8d685f3e18f555bc82.jpg

Dieses in der obigen Quelle abgebildete Verkehrszeichen gehört zur Straßenverkehrsordnung (StVO) und ist daher gemeinfrei:
This traffic sign shown in the source above belongs to the Road Traffic Regulations (StVO) and is therefore in the public domain:

Gemeinfreiheit.thumb.JPG.a2839f1182483dfa151fd179c2e2c8bc.JPG

Zu den nicht in der StVO enthaltenen Schildern gehört das her diskutierte Gefährdungszeichen am Bahnsteig.
Among the signs not included in the StVO is the danger sign on the platform discussed here.

oli_schilder_0005_vektor-smartobjekt.jpg.5ebda4cf2f53c2fafde644e819582565.jpg

Da es sich bei der DB als Urheber dieses Internet-Bildes um einen (öffentlichen) Staatskonzern handelt, die StVO- und Nicht-StVO-Zeichen in dieser Quelle auf der gleichen Ebene abgebildet sind, und ich selbst bei der heruntergeladenen pdf-Datei keinerlei Lizenzhinweise gefunden habe, nehme ich einmal an, dass diese abstrakte Zeichnung als Vorlage für eine entsprechende Verkehrszeichen-Textur zur Nachbildung eines das Original-Zeichen wiedergebendes Modell herangezogen werden darf.
Since DB as the originator of this internet image is a (public) state-owned company, the StVO and non-StVO signs are shown on the same level in this source, and I did not find any license information even in the downloaded pdf file, I assume once that this abstract drawing may be used as a template for a corresponding traffic sign texture for the reproduction of a model reproducing the original sign.

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

@BahnLand

Thank you for the information. In fact the image I had used was skew and did not fit the sign properly, but I was unable to find a better one I didn't notice the watermark until yesterday actually!

However, I cannot find how to save the texture to "My Textures". I have imported it as a file

Untitled1.jpg.b2a25ea69c4088bc30d974be1a5f9ab2.jpgCapture.JPG.51798ddf489c77b134f475bc45cf6904.JPG

But I can't seem to get it into "My Textures".

37 minutes ago, simonjackson1964 said:

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to save the texture anywhere except in "My Textures"...

Once it's been saved in your 'My Textures', can you open that Catalogue, 'right-click' on the Texture and choose 'Publish to the Internet'..?

21873636_2023-01-0800_58_44-.thumb.jpg.d0661c6fc99f5e07a00229c236ed6432.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353