A Protractor

220hotwheels

Empfohlene Beiträge

@FeuerFighter

Hi

I have a question.

On numerous occasions I find myself using the rulers that you have kindly provided for the catalogue but one item that is missing is a protractor, something that I feel would be greatly beneficial when trying to calculate precise angles in order to set the path for the return of, let us say a pile of logs from a train back to the originating depot so that the loading process can begin all over again.

The calculation is simple to work out without a protractor if the angle is 90 degrees, but that assumes a perfect world. Thus far I have had to calculate this by trial and error in order to achieve perfection, but a protractor should make this much simpler and much more accurate.

My question therefore is, what is the likelihood of producing such an item. I am asking you rather than opening this question to the community at large as you have already produced measuring devices.

Kind regards

Pete

Hallo

Ich habe eine Frage.

Bei zahlreichen Gelegenheiten ertappe ich mich dabei, dass ich die Lineale benutze, die Sie freundlicherweise für den Katalog zur Verfügung gestellt haben, aber ein Punkt, der fehlt, ist ein Winkelmesser, etwas, das meiner Meinung nach sehr nützlich wäre, wenn ich versuche, genaue Winkel zu berechnen, um den Weg für die Rückgabe von, sagen wir, einem Stapel Baumstämme von einem Zug zurück zum ursprünglichen Depot festzulegen, damit der Ladevorgang von vorne beginnen kann.

Die Berechnung ist ohne Winkelmesser einfach zu berechnen, wenn der Winkel 90 Grad beträgt, aber das setzt eine perfekte Welt voraus. Bisher musste ich dies durch Versuch und Irrtum berechnen, um Perfektion zu erreichen, aber ein Winkelmesser sollte dies viel einfacher und viel genauer machen.

Meine Frage ist daher, wie hoch die Wahrscheinlichkeit ist, einen solchen Artikel herzustellen. Ich frage Sie, anstatt diese Frage für die breite Gemeinschaft zu öffnen, da Sie bereits Messgeräte hergestellt haben.

Herzliche Grüße

Pete

Hi Pete,

I also like to use the rulers from FeuerFighter. A protractor would be an enrichment. Unfortunately, FeuerFighter no longer builds models. Maybe another model builder will build the protractor. Unfortunately, I can't.

Die Lineale von FeuerFighter benutze ich auch sehr gerne. Eine Winkelmesser wäre eine Bereicherung. FeuerFighter baut aber leider keine Modelle mehr. Vielleicht baut ja ein anderer Modellbauer den Winkelmesser. Ich kann das leider nicht.

Kind regards

Phrontistes

44 minutes ago, Phrontistes said:

Hi Pete,

I also like to use the rulers from FeuerFighter. A protractor would be an enrichment. Unfortunately, FeuerFighter no longer builds models. Maybe another model builder will build the protractor. Unfortunately, I can't.

Die Lineale von FeuerFighter benutze ich auch sehr gerne. Eine Winkelmesser wäre eine Bereicherung. FeuerFighter baut aber leider keine Modelle mehr. Vielleicht baut ja ein anderer Modellbauer den Winkelmesser. Ich kann das leider nicht.

Kind regards

Phrontistes

Hallo Phrontistes

Danke für die Info. Auch ich bin nicht in der Lage, so etwas zu modellieren, daher gehe ich davon aus, dass es am besten ist, dies als allgemeine Anfrage an alle Mitglieder zu stellen und zu sehen, ob jemand die Herausforderung annimmt.

Prost

Pete

Hi Phrontistes

Thanks for the info. I too am not capable of modelling such a thing so I assume it best to place this as a general enquiry to all members and see if anyone takes up the challenge.

Cheers

Pete

Hi to All members

As you can see from the messages above I am hoping to find someone who is willing and able to produce a protractor for the catalogue in view of the fact that FeuerFighter is no longer making models, something that is clearly a great shame and immense loss to us all.

The reason for this request is quite straightforward, as I have mentioned, but for me, the benefit of such an item would be absolutely brilliant, I have many instances where I need to calculate angles precisely and it would take away much time spent on guess work and then readjustments.

Anyway, here's hoping.

Kind regards

Pete

Hallo an alle Mitglieder.

Wie Sie den obigen Nachrichten entnehmen können, hoffe ich, jemanden zu finden, der bereit und in der Lage ist, einen Winkelmesser für den Katalog zu erstellen, angesichts der Tatsache, dass FeuerFighter keine Modelle mehr herstellt, was eindeutig eine große Schande und ein immenser Verlust für uns alle ist.

Der Grund für diese Anfrage ist, wie ich bereits erwähnt habe, recht einfach, aber für mich wäre der Vorteil eines solchen Artikels absolut brillant, ich habe viele Fälle, in denen ich Winkel genau berechnen muss, und es würde viel Zeit für Vermutungen und dann Nachjustierungen in Anspruch nehmen.

Wie auch immer, hier ist die Hoffnung.

Herzliche Grüße

Pete

1 hour ago, Roter Brummer said:

Hello everyone

here is a first draft.

MBSV8077.thumb.jpg.ac07f3bfa71f79d9ed764db0bcd603e6.jpg

818062BA-57E0-4380-866A-E74F67A61AA8

Would that serve its purpose?

HG
Brummi

Hi Brummi

That's really great and very much appreciated. Time to give it a test run this afternoon!!

Many thanks once again, you're a star.

Best regards

Pete

Hello Brummi

This is really great and is very much appreciated. Time to test it this afternoon!!

Thanks again, you're a star.

Best wishes

Pete

36 minutes ago, Henry said:

Hallo Roter Brummer

man könnte darüber nachdenken, ob man das Geodreieck nicht dahingehend erweitert, daß die Längenmaße mit FeuerFighter's rotem Lineal H0 übereinstimmen. Dann kann man gleichzeitig (polar) mit Winkel und Strecke auf der Platte messen.

fam_2023_N01045.thumb.jpg.00d15ca75c65ca499ad36c365874fd73.jpg
Der Skalierungsfaktor zu deinem Entwurf beträgt etwa 2,735, meint

Henry

Great idea Henry.  I've already tried it out calculating the radians in order to transport some logs from the train back to the timber yard, it worked a dream, much quicker, less frustrating than trial and error.

First class Brummi!!!

Pete

Hallo @Phrontistes,

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Phrontistes:

Ganz haut es noch nicht hin, wenn man die Nullpunkte von FeuerFighters 1:1 Lineal und und des Geodreiecks genau übereinander legt

Kann ja auch nicht. 

Erst LESEN!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Henry:

daß die Längenmaße mit FeuerFighter's rotem Lineal H0 übereinstimmen

Dann antworten.

VG,

Hawkeye

1 hour ago, Roter Brummer said:

Oh man! What you have to pay attention to!

MBSV8078.thumb.jpg.29978adfcf08b23af2a6b264bf48e92c.jpg

For clarification, the model now has an extra imprint. The strip shown in the picture has a length of exactly 70mm. Even the parallel guide fits!

HG
Brummi

Hi Brummi

Tell me about it. I think there is a phrase to fit this situation. 'You can satisfy some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.'

For me a simple protractor is all I seek. Your original did the trick for me. Clearly any improvement on that is a bonus but not strictly necessary for my purpose. I have said it before but it's worth saying again, very many thanks for taking the trouble to take up my request so quickly and to produce something so useful.

Best regards

Pete

Hello Brummi

Tell me about it. I think there is a phrase that fits this situation. "You can satisfy some of the people sometimes, but not all the people all the time."

For me, a simple protractor is all I'm looking for. Your original did the trick for me. Of course, every improvement is a bonus, but not absolutely necessary for my purpose. I've said it before, but it's worth saying again, thank you so much for taking the trouble to pick up my request so quickly and produce something so useful.

Best wishes

Pete

10 minutes ago, Goetz said:

I love your (inadvertend) translations from spoken English to literary English, Pete.

Hi Goetz

Hmmm. The problem is two fold. the first one being that whenever I sign on to the forum I tend to click on the translate option so that I can read everything. The problem having done so is that when I come to send a reply I first type it in English, then copy and past it into Word, translate it into German and then paste it back. Mostly I remember to come out of the forum before I send a reply so that when I go back in I don't select the translation option. However, I have found recently, and this is my second point, that on more occasions than not I begin to type a reply only to find that the curser keeps moving back to the start of the line and therefore what I am trying to say becomes unreadable so I then have to type everything in Word, copy and paste the English version then go back insert the German version and copy and paste that. In my enthusiasm I forget at times that I have already selected the translate option, hence the double English.

I'm not sure what causes the gremlin involved with the typing problem, it's hit and miss. I managed to complete this message as normal, no problems, so who knows.

What a boring world it would be if nothing played up!!!!!

Pete

1 hour ago, Goetz said:

I understand, Pete
I was merely having a giggle and thought you might find it funny too.

Plus I thought you wouldn't notice that it's happening (because reason one) and maybe appreciate if I let you know.

Hi Goetz

As always I appreciate your comments, good or bad. I had noticed the error but thought it might correct itself at the receiver's end, clearly it does not, oops.

Anyway no problem and thanks once again for pointing out the error of my ways. I'm still baffled by the typing problem though.

Pete

35 minutes ago, Roter Brummer said:

Hello everyone

I have finally uploaded the triangle. The description notes for which scale it is scaled and which scales should be used for 1:1 and 1:16o. Of course, the angle division remains the same in all cases.

818062BA-57E0-4380-866A-E74F67A61AA8

HG
Brummi

That's brilliant Brummi, once again many thanks.

Best regards

Pete

Das ist genial Brummi, nochmals vielen Dank.

Alles Gute

Pete