Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi to all my fellow enthusiasts.

The long awaited V7 version is now available so for those interested in the upgrade here is a link that will get you started. https://community.3d-modellbahn.de/wiki/allgemein/%C3%BCbersicht-%C3%BCber-die-neuen-funktionen-v7-r33/

Enjoy. I'm sure I will, from a brief glance there are some amazing treats in store. I only hope those with larger layouts such as mine have been accommodated. Only time will tell as I work through all of the goodies.

Pete

Hi Neo

Knuckles duly wrapped if I have jumped the gun but after only a very brief glace through V7 I have to say that it seems to have surpassed all expectations. Great improvement on V6, brilliant. I'm sure there are many like me who will put up with the fixes to follow element just to be able to explore the new version.

Kind regards

Pete

• 3 Wochen später...

Hi,

yes, all upgrades are backwards compatible, there are only small adjustments needed when upgrading, see here. In addition, you can always test the new version without affecting you existing layouts, V7 uses a different database folder than the other versions as default.

Kind regards,

Neo

On 9/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, Neo said:

V7 is here, but .. we are currently in beta/testing phase,

it looks like a really busy beta/testing phase - yesterday I downloaded, installed

and run the new v7 (v7.0.4.0), and it promptly announced "update available" :)

Bearbeitet von hajo4

Okay, so, two questions:

1) The functioning of deceleration track contacts seems to be intermittent.  In the one layout I've so-far published, the contacts to stop the train at the station work sometimes and not others.

Here's the event, and the contact setting:

Capture.thumb.JPG.64de1ce9c4c5745d7ae5c92ced2e494c.JPG

Going one way, the train overruns the station sometimes, while going the other it sometimes fails to stop at all, or slows then speeds up again.

===========

2) Are there any other differences between "real" and "Model" than the one's I've spotted?

• The initial baseboard is bigger and pre-painted with grass in "Real"
  • All scales of track come out the same size in "real".

Also on that note, is it still possible to create narrow gauge railways? It's been a while since I actually looked but there used to be a gauge called Double-Oh Nine (OO-9) that was the same scale as OO but the track was N-gauge.

Bearbeitet von simonjackson1964
typos

Well, since I posted that, and have made no changes whatever, it now seems to be working fine...

Which is always the way with intermittent faults. The number of times I've reported a problem to the IT department at work and they've come back with "Unable to locate the problem..." Oh well.

If it happens again I'll try and capture a video.

Hello Simon,

vor 49 Minuten schrieb simonjackson1964:

the train overruns the station sometimes

when your train has more than one engine
and
the engines have different deceletration settings
... it will overrun the stopp marker.

Also please note: the brake force must be sufficient.
e.g. for a train running at 80 km/h, the deceleration must be set to a minimum of 2 m/s²
for higher speeds, higher deceleration settings are required

Greets
Goetz

vor 35 Minuten schrieb simonjackson1964:

Well, yes. It worked in V6... and it seems to have stopped doing it now.

But I have another question: playing with V7, how do you create a "virtual depot"?

Hello @simonjackson1964,

It's very simple. All you need is explainded here in the wiki in the chapter  "Virtuelle Depots und virtuelle Verbindungen/Portale".

Best regards. Michel

17 minutes ago, michellombart said:

Hello simonjackson1964,

It's very simple. All you need is explainded here in the wiki in the chapter  "Virtuelle Depots und virtuelle Verbindungen/Portale".

Best regards. Michel

Nice, thanks.

But.... Where are they in the catalogue?

Never mind, found them!

Bearbeitet von simonjackson1964
DFound what I was looking for!