Golf Course / Golfplatz

Empfohlene Beiträge

Would it be possible for someone to create a few scenic features to simulate a golf course?

Items needed:

• Pins (flags) to mark the holes
  • Golfers - people in LOUD clothing, in a variety of positions, swinging golf clubs.
  • Caddies - People carrying golf bags or wheeling golf trolleys.
  • Golf bags / Trolleys on their own
  • Golf carts - small electric buggies

The actual course itself would be relatively easy to model, using different textures of grass, sand and water. But I have no experience making model people or objects... I did try putting a pin together using a road sign post and a primitive, bit it looked wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

=======================

Wäre es jemandem möglich, einige landschaftliche Merkmale zu erstellen, um einen Golfplatz zu simulieren?

Benötigte Gegenstände:

•      Stifte (Flaggen) zum Markieren der Löcher
  •      Golfer - Menschen in lauter Kleidung, in verschiedenen Positionen, schwingende Golfschläger.
  •      Caddies - Personen, die Golftaschen oder rollende Golfwagen tragen.
  •      Golftaschen / Trolleys alleine
  •      Golfwagen - kleine elektrische Buggys

Der eigentliche Kurs selbst wäre mit verschiedenen Texturen aus Gras, Sand und Wasser relativ einfach zu modellieren. Aber ich habe keine Erfahrung damit, vorbildliche Personen oder Objekte herzustellen ... Ich habe versucht, eine Stecknadel mit einem Straßenschildpfosten und einem Grundelement zusammenzusetzen, aber es sah falsch aus.

Jede Unterstützung wäre dankbar.

Vielen Dank

Simon

Disclaimer - translated using Google Translate / Haftungsausschluss - übersetzt mit Google Translate

If you're very patient, I can try. I can do the characters and poses with little difficulty, but they are in very high resolution. My problem will be reducing them to suitable poly counts. I'll see what I can come up with with this little lady, first, then advise.

Wenn Sie sehr geduldig sind, kann ich es versuchen. Ich kann die Charaktere und Posen mit wenig Schwierigkeit machen, aber sie sind in sehr hoher Auflösung. Mein Problem wird sein, sie auf geeignete Polyzählungen zu reduzieren. Ich werde erst sehen, was ich mir mit dieser kleinen Dame einfallen lassen kann, und dann raten.

Golf_1.thumb.jpg.27d63c853a390de093bbbed4d9ad15fe.jpg

Hi Doug.

That would be great, thanks.

This is what I have so far...

1147719517_Puttalready.thumb.jpg.68e65a7eb069378ffd0d15b7093db7d9.jpg

The guy is just one of the standard figures The flag, pin, hole and ball are resized primitives, and the number is a label, that can (obviously) be edited. This was just a "test board", so there's no height variation, which would make the bunkers/sand traps look more realistic

Here's my first golf bag ...
It is, however, 130,000 polygons, for now ..! I'll get reducing and see how it fares. There are plenty of hidden faces, so I'll start there.

Here is my first golf bag ... but
currently there are 130,000 polygons ..! I'll cut down and see how it fares. There are a lot of hidden faces so I'll start there.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.84b385664d67833a9a55c7258328871d.jpg

Edit : The new bag has been 'decimated'; it's now 6500 polygons..! The Textures are still a little too big, and I need another Level Of Detail, but I think it'll be OK after that...

Bearbeiten: Die neue Tasche wurde "dezimiert"; es ist jetzt 6500 Polygone ..! Die Texturen sind immer noch etwas zu groß und ich brauche eine weitere Detailebene, aber ich denke, danach wird es in Ordnung sein ...

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.3053f63a34e920df2e49b2dab45f30d6.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

But it's so frustrating..! The System wants an LOD1 file, with no more than three materials. OK, I remove the two materials that won't be seen at a distance anyway, and re-present the result. No, no more than three materials; the System says it has four. I check; it has three. The System  insists it has four. I 'open' the Glb file and read it myself; it says 'three' (indexed 0, 1 and 2...). Why does MBS insist on finding four in there..? Is there a log file, telling me at least what these materials are..? How to proceed now..? The poly count is good, the material files are the right size, power of two, there are only three materials in the LOD1 version... I've attached a zip file with my two Golf Bags; the full-fat one and the LOD1, if there's someone able to enlighten me. It's so frustrating..! 

Aber es ist so frustrierend ..! Das System möchte eine LOD1-Datei mit nicht mehr als drei Materialien. OK, ich entferne die beiden Materialien, die aus der Ferne sowieso nicht zu sehen sind, und präsentiere das Ergebnis erneut. Nein, nicht mehr als drei Materialien; Das System sagt, es hat vier. Ich überprüfe; es hat drei. Das System besteht darauf, dass es vier hat. Ich öffne die Glb-Datei und lese sie selbst. es heißt 'drei' (indiziert 0, 1 und 2 ...). Warum besteht MBS darauf, dort vier zu finden? Gibt es eine Protokolldatei, die mir zumindest sagt, was diese Materialien sind? Wie gehe ich jetzt vor? Die Polyanzahl ist gut, die Materialdateien haben die richtige Größe, Zweierpotenz, es gibt nur drei Materialien in der LOD1-Version ... Ich habe eine Zip-Datei mit meinen zwei Golftaschen angehängt; das Vollfett und das LOD1, wenn es jemanden gibt, der mich aufklären kann. Es ist so frustrierend..!

Golf_Bag_glb.zip

Personally I'm really impressed. I have no idea how you did that.

What I do know though is when I opened the LOD-1 versio, it opened itself in a program I have never used called "Windows 3D Builder" - where I was expecting to see it ask me to search for a program.

The program opened the .glb file, but gives a message: "One or more objects are invalidly defined. Click here to repair."

I "click here"and it "Repairs" it somehow that is beyond me.

I cal say without a doubt though that the bag and clubs are separate, so maybe it's the clubs that are causing the problem?

6 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Here's my first golf bag ...
It is, however, 130,000 polygons, for now ..! I'll get reducing and see how it fares. There are plenty of hidden faces, so I'll start there.

Here is my first golf bag ... but
currently there are 130,000 polygons ..! I'll cut down and see how it fares. There are a lot of hidden faces so I'll start there.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.84b385664d67833a9a55c7258328871d.jpg

Edit : The new bag has been 'decimated'; it's now 6500 polygons..! The Textures are still a little too big, and I need another Level Of Detail, but I think it'll be OK after that...

Bearbeiten: Die neue Tasche wurde "dezimiert"; es ist jetzt 6500 Polygone ..! Die Texturen sind immer noch etwas zu groß und ich brauche eine weitere Detailebene, aber ich denke, danach wird es in Ordnung sein ...

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.3053f63a34e920df2e49b2dab45f30d6.jpg

Oh and that's totally the wrong car...

This is the one:

Lambo.thumb.JPG.19f51a057f158b36fe32ef2c9a46f0a1.JPG

Although I think an apology is owed to any Italians using 3MBS, as it's listed as a Lamburgini Miura, not a Lamborghini Miura. But there is just about room behind the engine for a set of golf clubs.

1 hour ago, simonjackson1964 said:

Personally I'm really impressed. I have no idea how you did that.

What I do know though is when I opened the LOD-1 versio, it opened itself in a program I have never used called "Windows 3D Builder" - where I was expecting to see it ask me to search for a program.

The program opened the .glb file, but gives a message: "One or more objects are invalidly defined. Click here to repair."

I "click here"and it "Repairs" it somehow that is beyond me.

I cal say without a doubt though that the bag and clubs are separate, so maybe it's the clubs that are causing the problem?

That's Windows for you, linking the file to whatever it thinks is right. Not too bad a guess, as it happens, as glb files are 3D, and 3D Builder works with 3D files. I use it for my 3D printer; it's very good. As for the 'repair', that often happens when using files from another programme (Blender, in this case...). This 3D malarkey is quite delicate, so it doesn't take much for one programme (3D Builder, in this case...) to take umbrage at the output of another (Blender...). It's not an issue, and I don't think it'll help me get this LOD1 file into MBS..! :)
Yes, the clubs are, technically, separate, but have no Material in this LOD1 version. I could remove them, I suppose, as they won't be seen at LOD1 level, anyway. Worth a try, but doesn't explain why MBS 'sees' four Materials when the glb file only has three.
How do I do it..? It's simple, really: I cheat. The lady and props come from Daz-3D, an excellent programme for 3D stuff. As I mentioned, my issue is not the subject, but how to get these items down to MBS size, whilst keeping enough quality. I'm pleased with the golf bag, down from 130,000 to 6000 poly's, and 3000 or so for the LOD1. It's my first time at honing down to this level, and is interesting (but frustrating..! >:()

Das ist Windows für Sie, indem Sie die Datei mit dem verknüpfen, was sie für richtig hält. Keine schlechte Vermutung, da glb-Dateien 3D sind und 3D Builder mit 3D-Dateien arbeitet. Ich benutze es für meinen 3D-Drucker. es ist sehr gut. Was die 'Reparatur' betrifft, geschieht dies häufig, wenn Dateien aus einem anderen Programm (in diesem Fall Blender ...) verwendet werden. Dieser 3D-Malarkey ist ziemlich heikel, daher braucht ein Programm (in diesem Fall 3D Builder ...) nicht viel, um sich am Ausgang eines anderen (Blender ...) zu schirmen. Es ist kein Problem, und ich glaube nicht, dass es mir helfen wird, diese LOD1-Datei in MBS zu bekommen ..! :)
Ja, die Clubs sind technisch gesehen getrennt, haben jedoch kein Material in dieser LOD1-Version. Ich könnte sie entfernen, nehme ich an, da sie auf LOD1-Ebene sowieso nicht zu sehen sind. Einen Versuch wert, erklärt aber nicht, warum MBS vier Materialien "sieht", wenn die glb-Datei nur drei enthält.
Wie mache ich es..? Es ist wirklich einfach: Ich betrüge. Die Dame und die Requisiten stammen von Daz-3D, einem hervorragenden Programm für 3D-Inhalte. Wie ich bereits erwähnt habe, geht es bei meinem Problem nicht um das Thema, sondern darum, wie diese Elemente auf MBS-Größe gebracht werden können, während genügend Qualität erhalten bleibt. Ich bin zufrieden mit der Golftasche, von 130.000 auf 6000 Polys und 3000 oder so für die LOD1. Es ist mein erstes Mal, dass ich auf dieses Niveau heruntergekommen bin, und es ist interessant (aber frustrierend ..! >:( )

Well, I got the golf bag files to load, with no errors, by deleting the clubs from the LOD version. Still no explanation for the number of materials, but one day I will understand.
I found that the definition LOD1 kicked in too early for this item, so I named it LOD2 instead, and it works better. To illustrate, I created a short Hollywoodian epic; a truck acts as a 'traveling' to move away from the bags. The right-most is the very high poly count (its high definition can be appreciated, but at what cost ..!), To its left is the 'real' bag. Left again is the LOD1, and that on the far left is the LOD2. As the camera moves away, at 10 s the LOD1 kicks in (no clubs visible ...), then at 50 s it's the turn of LOD2.
There is an enthusiastic crowd of supporters enjoying the event; I hope you join in the cheering. Here's a picture of the 'making of ...', and the video ...

Well I loaded the golf bag files with no errors by deleting the clubs from the LOD version. Still no explanation for the number of materials but one day I will understand.
I found that the LOD1 definition for this element was introduced too early, so I named it LOD2 instead and it works better. To illustrate this, I've made a short Hollywood epic. A truck acts as "travel" to get away from the bags. On the far right is the very high poly number (the high resolution can be estimated, but at what price ..!). To the left is the "real" pocket. Left again is LOD1, and leftmost is LOD2. When the camera moves away, LOD1 starts at 10 s (no clubs visible ...), and it is LOD2's turn at 50 s.
There are an enthusiastic crowd of supporters enjoying the event. I hope you take part. Here is a picture of the making of ... and the video ...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.4136f60d8509810bd71cbf067b01ba65.jpg

Now to see about a Golf Trolley and a Golf Cart. Once they're done, I'll try a Golfer.

Nun zu einem Golfwagen und einem Golfwagen. Sobald sie fertig sind, werde ich einen Golfer versuchen.

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Hi Dad3355,

Am 11.1.2021 um 00:51 schrieb Dad3353:

Still no explanation for the number of materials

Bist du dir sicher, daß du jedem Objekt in Blender eine Textur zugewiesen hast? Einem Objekt dem keine Textur zugewiesen wurde wird das "Blender default Material" zugewiesen, dies ist dann ein zusätzliches Material.

Are you sure you have assigned a texture to every object in Blender? An object to which no texture has been assigned is assigned the 'Blender default material', this is then an additional material.

Regards
EASY

15 minutes ago, EASY said:

...Regards
EASY

That's a very credible explanation; thanks for that. The file makes no mention of this in its list of Materials, but it may be indicated in another fashion, I'm not expert enough to analyse all of the file. I'm getting around the issue with a re-affectation of the colours, using a Multicolour Palette file. It's laborious at first, but I'm getting better at it. All the colours then become one single Material.
I've found another step for reducing my high-definition people to reasonable poly counts, and have done my first Golfer using this. Not quite ready, but here's an initial working version, at 30k polygons ...

Das ist eine sehr glaubwürdige Erklärung; Dank dafür. Die Datei erwähnt dies in ihrer Materialliste nicht, kann aber auf andere Weise angegeben werden. Ich bin nicht kompetent genug, um die gesamte Datei zu analysieren. Ich gehe das Problem mit einer erneuten Beeinflussung der Farben mithilfe einer mehrfarbigen Palettendatei um. Anfangs ist es mühsam, aber ich werde besser darin. Alle Farben werden dann zu einem einzigen Material.
Ich habe einen weiteren Schritt gefunden, um meine hochauflösenden Leute auf vernünftige Polycounts zu reduzieren, und habe meinen ersten Golfer damit gemacht. Noch nicht ganz fertig, aber hier ist eine erste Arbeitsversion mit 30.000 Polygonen ...

Clipboard01.jpg.ff2d0643c19f1763ab1a306773422912.jpg

Here's a quick golf scene, with some newly-created golf people, celebrating their round. Two complete folks for now, a man and a girl doing a 'high-five'. The girl has an alternate colour scheme; the man doesn't, as yet, but I can do them now.
Questions...
How many alternative costumes would be reasonable..? They're not difficult, nor long to do. I would suggest maybe five for each person..?
How many different poses would be reasonable (for men and women...)..? I have about fifteen or twenty for each. I spent a couple of days working out how to do these, but now that I have the Method pretty much established, it's about an hour or so for each one. Is it a case of 'the more, the merrier'..?
Once I've done all of these (and the bags and carts; they've not been forgotten...), how would it be best to make them available..? The two characters presently done are ready to be presented for inspection. Would they each be available separately, or grouped into a 'golf' category or similar..?
Meanwhile, I'll continue preparing other people for this. It's very good practise for me, and I learn a lot in doing it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and (kind...) criticism. Be gentle, however; I'm a beginner in all of this. :D

Hier ist eine kurze Golfszene mit einigen neu geschaffenen Golfspielern, die ihre Runde feiern. Vorerst zwei komplette Leute, ein Mann und ein Mädchen, die einen 'High-Five' machen. Das Mädchen hat ein alternatives Farbschema; Der Mann tut es noch nicht, aber ich kann sie jetzt tun.
Fragen...
Wie viele alternative Kostüme wären sinnvoll ..? Sie sind weder schwierig noch langwierig. Ich würde vielleicht fünf für jede Person vorschlagen ..?
Wie viele verschiedene Posen wären sinnvoll (für Männer und Frauen ...) ..? Ich habe ungefähr fünfzehn oder zwanzig für jeden. Ich habe ein paar Tage damit verbracht, herauszufinden, wie man das macht, aber jetzt, wo ich die Methode ziemlich etabliert habe, ist es ungefähr eine Stunde für jede einzelne. Ist es ein Fall von "je mehr, desto besser" ..?
Wenn ich all dies getan habe (und die Taschen und Karren; sie wurden nicht vergessen ...), wie wäre es am besten, sie zur Verfügung zu stellen? Die beiden derzeit erstellten Zeichen können zur Überprüfung vorgelegt werden. Würden sie jeweils einzeln erhältlich sein oder in eine "Golf" -Kategorie oder ähnliches eingeteilt sein?
In der Zwischenzeit werde ich andere Leute weiter darauf vorbereiten. Es ist eine sehr gute Übung für mich und ich lerne viel dabei. Vielen Dank im Voraus für Anregungen und (freundliche ...) Kritik. Sei jedoch sanft; Ich bin ein Anfänger in all dem.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.23545a69a926bb4bf3e323d59e17633c.jpg

vor 10 Minuten schrieb kdlamann:

So etwas nennt man einen durchschlagenden Erfolg...

noch hat er es nicht herausgefunden.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Dad3353:

And now to find out how to make a windscreen transparent both sides..!

I assume, it requires two planes - one for the outside, another for the inside.
With normals pointing in opposing directions (i.e. away from the glass)

Bearbeitet von Goetz

I've now solved the tinted glass issue (yes, two planes, back to back, did the trick, with a suitable RGB Material...), and have a working Golf Cart, with a roofed variant, and a few of people, with three differently-coloured clothes each. They all have a basic, LOD1 and LOD2 definitions, and have the 'Green Tick Box of Doom' proudly displayed. Should I make these available for public scrutiny (if so, how..? I've seen descriptions of the method, but can't find 'em right now...). Should I continue with more poses..? They're quite fun to do, if they're up to the standard expected. I can't tell; any advice as to how (or whether...) to go forward..? Thanks in advance.

Ich habe jetzt das Problem mit getöntem Glas gelöst (ja, zwei Flugzeuge, Rücken an Rücken, haben den Trick mit einem geeigneten RGB-Material gemacht ...) und habe einen funktionierenden Golfwagen mit einer überdachten Variante und ein paar Leute mit jeweils drei verschiedenfarbigen Kleidern. Sie alle haben eine grundlegende Definition, LOD1 und LOD2, und die 'Green Tick Box of Doom' wird stolz angezeigt. Sollte ich diese zur öffentlichen Prüfung zur Verfügung stellen (wenn ja, wie ...? Ich habe Beschreibungen der Methode gesehen, kann sie aber momentan nicht finden ...). Soll ich mit mehr Posen weitermachen ..? Es macht ziemlich viel Spaß, sie zu machen, wenn sie dem erwarteten Standard entsprechen. Ich kann es nicht sagen; Irgendwelche Ratschläge, wie (oder ob ...) es weitergehen soll ..? Danke im Voraus.

Douglas